Paradiso for Lunch mk3?

Thighboots2

:evil: So anyone up for that? Need to go shopping in Regent Street soon, and as Paradiso is just a short heel from Regent Street, perfect for a smackerel of something before heading back to work. Wednesdays or Thursdays are good for me. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hi TB2 - I've run out of days off until next year - I could do lunch, but it would be a very quick affair. Alternatively if some of the guys are spending the afternoon I could meet for drinks after work.

Hi Fog, I wasn't suggesting a shopping event, just lunch. I'll do the shopping I want to do - The Levi's Shop in Regent Street - in before I go to Paradiso. TB2

Wow, I am underwhelmed with the responses. Still never mind, maybe proposing a date will help. I'm thinking of November 15-16 or 22-23. Who is up for that then? TB2

I'm currently unemployed for the forseeable future (until I find a job!) so I'm pretty much free any day (except weekends and when I'm sorting stuff at home) until I find a job. So I may have to pop along for lunch, but November is a while away so I may have a new job by then so I'll let you know. November 3rd is a big no no (if you're bring it forward).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I'm up for Nov 15th at 1245. Much later and we will start to get embroiled in the Christmas madness. Despite sitting back to see if I like the way this board develops, I see no reason to curtail my heeling. Xa

I'm up for it, but unfortunately on 15th Nov, I'm on a course. Not that I had any time for much more than lunch. But - If you're all still around when I've finished, I could meet up with you about five for a drink.

Fog, Sorry, but someone had to pick a date and as the thread-starter I guessed it was bound to be me. Do you want to suggest an alternative? either 16th or 22/23 any later, as Xa said, will be too close to the Xmas rush. BTW, do you need to book? at9 & Dr Shoe, it would be great if you could come. I am flexible with the constraints of the 4 dates, so if we can all post our preferred dates then we can arrive at a concensus. TB2

just back from half term hols with the family so no heeling for a whole week! I am up town this friday the to check out a shoe shop called 'sniff ',got some wedge boots i want to try.They are in great titchfield st not far from the venue. Any date should be ok with me for the next few weeks.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I went to Regents Street on Saturday - WOW the crowds! So far at9, Dr Shoe/Tara, Xa and Heel-D may be there. I hope someone is, or lunch will be a quiet affair. Anyone else going to be around? TB2

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived at Paradiso at 12:40, just got my self comfortable whan in walked Xaphod. So we sat and had a drink and three trips through their lunchtime buffet until nicely stuffed and follwed with a nice coffee. We talked and realised that we have so much in common. Being both born around the mid fifties, we had the same sort of experiences. We parted at 14:30 as I had to return to work and Xa went on a peruse of Oxford street with the aim of killing a little time until hooking up with Fog and anyone else at Waterloo about now, as I am typing this. I was wearing my normal daily footwear, 3.5" semi-block heel ankle boots from NEXT, Xa pushed the envelope a bit, but I'll leave him to describe his outfit. However, it did not cause any stir either inside or outside the restaurant. Pain of the day, the rubber heel top came off on the escalator on the underground. :rocker: So I need to get it reheeled pronto. What a great place Paradiso is for a meal, I can recommend the house red wine. Very drinkable. Xa, it was a pleasure to "do lunch". TB2

Hi, TB2 and Fog,

Yes, meeting you for lunch was great fun. We won't mention politics here, but Atilla the Hun would have been proud of us !

Talking of AtH, I guess he might have worn a pair of boots such a mine .... maybe not with the 4" heels, but knee-high and red could well have fitted the bill. The boots were co-ordinated with a red shirt from 'Gap'. Not wishing to have too much colour, I wore a dark pin-stripe, mid-calf length skirt (must blend in with the commuters on Waterloo station !) topped off with the long leather coat and the hat.

In the West end of London this outfit is regarded as eccentric, nothing more. In Liberty's where I mooched around the 1920s gallery, a sales assistant caught my eye and said 'hello .... haven't seen you for a while' while I contemplated a French, Art Deco hanging lantern for my hallway (big lantern, small hallway OOPS ! ).

In no time, it was 1630 and I took the tube in the ©rush hour to Waterloo to meet Fog at the Reef Bar. Too much beer was drunk by this fairly clean-living guy. Combined with lunch beer this became a bit too silly .... ho hum.

I think I'll end this missive with a little quote about clean living:-

Interviewer, gushing

Dolly, you're so beautiful, what's your secret?

Dolly Parton,

Clean livin' ...... avoid clean livin' at all costs !

Xa

We talked and realised that we have so much in common. Being both born around the mid fifties, we had the same sort of experiences.

Sorry I couldn't make it. When Xa and I last met at Paradiso we found our paths had strayed astonishingly close at times.

at9, sorry you couldnt make it.

So now that Christmas is upon us, I guess it best wait until January. That should be a good queue for some "Sale" shopping for those who enjoy such fun and another lunch at Paradiso for those who just enjoy eating (me for one).

Xa, as you travel in from afar, why don't you call the next meeting? As your friend Ford would say "Time is an illusion - Lunchtime doubly so" :biggrin:

Ladies that do lunch - Nah, Gents in heels that do lunch. :rocker:

TB2.