My new wedge boots

sscotty727

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I just got my new wedge boots in, so I figured I would try to take some pictures for you all. Forgive the quality as I am using my camera phone.

Anyway, the first ones are my Steve Madden Beloved, which I got on ebay. I am not sure if I will wear these to work, might save them for the weekends and evenings.

(Ebay Picture)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are a few of me driving in them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The next pair is Skechers Stadiums Nap. I will definitely wear these to work! I was able to add a little insert (don't want to add too much cause I don't want to rip them or split the sole). They are VERY comfortable though.

(Stock Pic from Shoebuy)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scotty

Sscotty.....those make me want to get some wedges myself! Those look awesome! Thanks for the pics! I bet they are way comfy too. :-)

Both are very comfortable, thanks.

The Madden ones are pull on, so have to wear nylons of some sort or I can't get them on. They are 4" in the heel and 1" in the platform, so 3" effective. Wish they were higher, but that seems to be good enough (for now, maybe once I break them in a bit I might try to add some inserts).

The Sketchers are also comfortable, but needed some inserts as they aren't as high (probably 2 to 2.5"). I added some inserts, but don't want to add too much. I had a pair last year with similiar soles and went overboard on the inserts and ended up splitting the soles. Besides, these ones are for work and they should be fine for that:)

I still would like to find a pair with nice traction for deep snow. Oh well, I have a pair of thick heeled boots with good traction on them that I can wear. I will try to take some pics of them and post them.

Scotty

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been wearing the Steve Madden boots all day now, to drop off and pick up my girls at school, drop off the van for an oil change, and later to my daughters karate. Added some inserts to give it more of a heel as well. Very comfortable and had no problems whatsoever. The lack of a zipper makes me more included to not just slip them off as they are not as easy as zippered ones are.

All in all, I love these boots!!!

Scotty

Thanks. It is raining like mad here today. We are under a flood watch (nothing serious, just rain soaked streets) so had to run up early to get the kids from school. The boots are coming in real nice in keeping my feet nice and dry:)

Scotty

I've been watching it on the news. My girlfriend lives on the East coast, and their neighborhood was under 18 inches of water. Fortunately, most houses sit on about 2 feet of stilts, so they were dry inside.

Thanks guys. Actually I added a new inserts that raise the heel to about 4.5 inches (5.5 actually with a 1 inch platform). I've been wearing them all weekend and it is alot more work than my other heels. I enjoy the challange and am going to have fun with these new boots! Atleast the weather is getting colder so I should be wearing them alot more now! Scotty

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got a slight reaction tonight. Had to go out to run a few errands after work tonight with the wife. Since it was raining miserably, I decided to take the opportunity to wear my new Steve Madden boots (pictured above). Keep in mind, with the inserts it is now a 4.5" heel (accounting for the platform too! 1" platform, 5.5" heel). Anyway, went to Blockbuster to return some movies, no biggie. But then we went to CVS (drug store for those unfamiliar). Well, I had to get the sales guy to get me something out of the case. While I was walking to get his attention, there was the girl with her bf (looked too young to be married). Anyway, as I walked past her I noticed her staring at my feet. I just kept walking and I saw her twist her body. Yep, she noticed. I didn't get a chance to see if it was a negative or positive reaction because I had to go with the saleman and then I had to go find my wife. By the time we got back up front, they were of course gone. I was just surprise she even noticed. Curious what she told her bf..... Oh well. Probably shocked her for the evening!

Hi Scotty, I love your Steve Madden wedges! They have the right height and with the rounded toebox they are a good choice for guys. But it's always again the same problem. US 10 or 11 is simply too small for me! At the moment I'm trying to find oversizes in England. There are some wedge models from Evans/Essence and Next which could persuade my EU 44 feet. IMO the shoes from Next have the better design. Usually they are made from true leather and not from cheap manmade material. But their biggest size UK 9 (EU 43?) is a little bit too small for me. My UK 9 cork wedges (sandalettes) from Next aren't bad but when I pulled them on the first time they felt really narrow. Meanwhile they are widened up and quite comfortable to walk on. But I don't like to torture my feet always again on new shoes :D An old saying in Germany is "Wer sucht, der findet!" rsp. "If you are searching truly, you will find!". Hoping that this saying is valid also for wedge boots and for my feet :evil: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

(Wow, this account's still valid.) I would love to have wedge boots like those. Tis a shame that wedge heels in general tend to drop off the face of the earth past US-10 or 11... ... You know what, the heck with that. I'm going to see if there are any companies in China or wherever that'll make boots like that in relatively small quantities (and relatively big sizes). Anyone with me on this?

Thanks guys. I really do like this boots alot. They are now my weekend boots. Got them on now:) Have to go drop the van off at the shop, then my wife and I are going for breakfast (sister-in-law watching the kids). I will let you know if anyone "spots" them. If you check my other thread about the boots/shoes and inserts, you can see where the heel is now with the inserts. Scotty

sscotty727 I actually like the shape of the wedge heel on your Steve Madden boots. They seem narrow, have curvature and shape that add artisitc appeal, and are a thumbs up in my book!

:evil:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

sscotty727 I actually like the shape of the wedge heel on your Steve Madden boots. They seem narrow, have curvature and shape that add artisitc appeal, and are a thumbs up in my book!

:evil:

Thanks Kneehighs,

The heel is one of the reasons I can't wear them to work, but been wearing them EVERYWHERE on the weekends. They are VERY comfortable. Just wish the wedge was a bit higher, but my inserts give me an effective 4.5" heel (my highest street heels) so no complaints on my end:)

Scotty

Hi Scotty,

now I'm also a proud owner of boots with wedge heels. Today I received my new boots. They are from Essence in size UK 9W and they were matching nearly perfectly to my EU 45 feet. I pulled them on at once for doing my weekend purchases on my new boots. And they were comfortable to wear instead of the too low size. A friend in the german internet told me, that Evans sizes are friendly towards male feet. I have to agree :evil:

Here a pic of my british seller Bootmeister

Posted Image

I don't know how long this picture will still be online. But at the moment it's still working. Naturally I have worn my new boots today over skinny drain pipe jeans. It would be a shame to hide them under flared jeans!

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!