great wipe outs caught on tape

w6ish

i don't know if any of you have seen this, guys or gals, but i somehow came upon a website: youtube, broadcast yourself. or something to that effect. anyway. there was a search category once the site came up, and its full of videos. being a high heel wearer, i typed in high heels and the 3rd video up for grabs, at 24 seconds long had me laughing out loud. i love it. and i encourage any of you high heel wearers to give it a look. gosh its funny.

The first wipeout was funny, but when she wiped out leaving the catwalk and almost taking the set with her, that was priceless.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

it was wonderfully hilarious! i looked at her shoes and thought, those must be 8 inches high! but that model walk, there is just no way you can do that in heels that high! so when i watched her, i thought when is it going to happen! when it did, i watched it with my wife, we both burst out laughing. but you're right, when she trashed herself making her exit, crawling away on her hands and knees, now that was truly beautiful. now here is the kooky part. i just recently ordered a pair of 8 inch heels with high uppers, they lace up below the knee but have a sandal like bottom and open toes. i hope i don't wipe out like that!

That video came from 'America's Next Top Model' show, earlier this year. They had the contestants wear the 8+ inch heels down that runway. The show made reference to model Naomi Campbell stumbling and falling on the runway in similiar 8-inch platforms 10-15 years ago. They also mentioned that the shoes that Campbell wore and the model you mentioned wore was done by the same shoe designer. I don't remember the name of that designer right now.

The only explanation for that poor model falling down is that the shoes are too large for her feet. Models are trainned all their lives to walk gracefully in heels. I have a similar experience, two pair of boots with exactly the same heel height. In one I can walk well. The other one is a bit large, my feet sleeps and is very dificult to walk. Save the snugfit!!!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

The only explanation for that poor model falling down is that the shoes are too large for her feet.

I loved the clip.

Actually I have a thing for falling or almost falling in high heels.

I believe the reason for the fall was the slipperyness of the floor that cought her by surprise. Later when she tried to recover you can clearly see how easily them slide. But in the first problem step it was just the heel that slid and bent from under her and she was momentarily supported only by the platform to which she was unprepared.

The second fall after the scene it seemed more like she collapsed on purpose just to get down from her feet that got very tired on the first slippery fall.

Flavio, I agree with you. The first time I saw the video, my thought was that she didn't have them laced tight enough on her feet. If you go to the website, you'll see other models executing the "model walk" in those shoes.

Here's another one. Go to the youtube website (www.youtube.com) and do a search on "stripper shoes".

Look for the video with Duryan. He tries to walk on a slippery floor on platform shoes. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's looks like that all purpose item- duct tape! Here's another one- go to google video and do a search on "BigBrother Perry" (to shorten the search use the quotes) and you'll see a funny clip! Enjoy!

That Perry clip is real funny. What a stupid thing! I did wear heels at the shower before but toke care to the floor not be too slippery and the heels a bit lower then the highest I can wear..

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.