The cat's out of the bag...

Bootylicious

Well, my heeling has picked of some seriouze speed guys! For quite some time now I wanted to tell my mother about it. It just was so awkward to have to hide my boots the whole time and I just had enough of doing that. But, being the big brave boy that I am I just didn't have the guts to actually tell her. Street heeling: not a real problem anymore. Just this weekend I went on an hour trip with my bike. This means some nice full exposure in my home town and no matter how hard you pull back on the sleeves of your jeans, they keep creeping up as if to show to the world: Look at this guys awesome high heeled boots!

Posted Image

So, I decided to try another strategie. I deliberately lowered my guard concerning the constant boot hiding when I'm not wearing them. For starters, I like to have them standing beside my bed at night, it's so nice to wake up and smell the real polished leather...

So, last week late in the evening I put them next to my bed again and went downstairs. I was just hoping to get caught at last, that just seemed easier then telling her. When she went to bed later my mother apparently had gone into my room to put some clean clothes in my closet. When I came up she said: "What are those boots in your room?" She hadn't turned the light on and the only thing she had seen were the silhouettes of the boots next to my bed. She said: "They startled me, I thought there were two legs standing there!" She laughed about it and I had to laugh too but in a split second I also had to come up with a plausable explanation.

So I said amused: "Ok, I'll explain it tomorrow." and she was satisfied with that.

Now, as you can imagine it took me a bit longer than usual before I fell asleep that night. I was satisfied she found them and had forced me to make my next move. The next morning she didn't say a word about her encounter which wondered me because, as all mothers do I guess, she usually wants to know everything. So, I kept postponing my explanation (again and again) and looked if her attitude was changed somehow. Nothing of the sort, she was her sweet old self again.

So, after 3 days of wrecking my brain how to bring the terrible message to her I finally asked at the dinner table: "Aren't you curious what those boots were doing in my room last week?" "Oh yeah, that's right." she said, "I had already forgotten about them."

I told her they were mine. "They are cowboy boots, aren't they?" she asked. I kinda confirmed. "My younger sisters also have pairs of these but I'm to old for that kind of boots. You're still young, they should look good on you too. I like it when guys wear these kind of boots." she stated. My confidence grew...

She had only seen the silhouettes from upfront but her vision is obviously very sharp. "They have heels too, haven't they?" and she pointed out about 2 inch between her fingers. "Well..., a little bit higher maybe." I understated. We talked a little more about the boots and I explained why, where and how I bought them and promised her I would show them tonight.

I also tried to warn her that they were a little over the edge but I was afraid that didn't real sink in. Later that evening, after taking a shower and dressing up in a western style jeans outfit I went down in my boots. I stood in front of her and asked how she liked them. She only saw the front and was excited about them: "Wow, those are beautiful! Turn so I can see them from the side." I warned her again not to freek out and turned the side of my boots to her. Her eyes widened, her mouth fell open and she was quiet for a moment. "Oh my god, those are high heels! Are you sure these are mens boots? They look more like womens boots with those heels. Don't get me wrong, they are stunning but those heels... Maybe you can have the heels cut off a bit if you want. Did you have a picture of the boots before you ordered them? "

She wondered of course if I knew the boots would be high heeled and still ordered them. I explained there existed no such thing as mens boots these days. At least, not anything decent that I liked. I told her I had been searching the entire Net for a nice pair of Western boots and everything I clicked on that looked good to me fell in the womens section and stopped at EU size 41/42. So, I was condemned to Italian Heels for making something in my size and I had to take the high feminine heels for granted. (And you guys know I was more than happy to do just that...)

I reassured her I wanted to have wider heels that looked more masculine but in my size that would mean those ugly biker-like boots. "No, those are terrible!" she replied. "Yours are really nice. And Italian shoes are the best, it's just that... well, you know, people might think you're from the wrong side." Nice how mums can put that, isn't it.

I bursted out laughing. "Sure they might, but we both know I'm not gay. And besides, gays usually don't like these kind of heeled boots. And I don't care what people think."

"Oh really?"she asked, "wouldn't gays like these boots? Can you walk in those heels? I know I couldn't pull it off." I told her it was no problem at all and I had already tried it extensively and showed her the scuffs on my soles. "Ok, I see," she nodded, "And what about driving? Do you think that'll work?"

"Yep, already tried it. No problemo!" She started to look more and more puzzled now about how far I already was with the heels. I started to feel a bit guilty and told her I would really understand it if she wouldn't want to be seen together with me in my boots. She replied: "I will not feel embarrased by your boots and will walk beside you just as always. I don't care what people think but I'm just wondering if you're OK with the high heels yourself." I told her I was very happy with my heeled boots and wished I had done it 10 years earlier. "Then what kept you from doing that?" she asked. "The boots are really amazing and if they make you happy I'm cool with that."

She then asked me how high they were and I showed her the entire shaft of the boot. She said her sister's boots had embroidery and agreed that looked more girly. She really liked my studded decorations and repeated how great they looked.

So I went to my room to do some work and to let it sink in for my mum. Later when I went downstairs I still had my boots on. "Are you keeping them on?" she asked. I told her they just felt so nice, better than any shoes I've ever had and I just wanted to enjoy them. I asked her if the initial shock was over and she said she just wasn't used to me doing something so wild. She's right BTW, I'm the definition of dull.

I told her life was short and the boots made me a happy man and that satisfied her. She then said: "I bet that leather feels very soft." and she grabbed my foot to feel it and went on: "I'm not saying these aren't nice boots for you, they are truly magnificent but maybe you can wear longer jeans, just as the girls do nowadays. That covers the heels better and nicely reveals the long points. I think for this summer a pair of light colored, long linnen pants with wider sleeves would look very good with these boots."

I couldn't believe my ears! She was already planning how to integrate my boots in the summer wardrobe. What more can I wish for?

I think she's still sceptical about the heels though. I was wearing my narrow 501 and the sleeves barely go over the shaft of my boots and end just above where the heels start. I love this look but I saw her peeking at my feet a few times and I understand her hesitation. It's a lot to accept for her, no matter how much she loves me so I will indulge in buying a few pairs of bootcut pants to make it more acceptable for her too.

I can't wait to go to my local clothing boutique and ask the pretty salesgirl for 'a pair of bootcut summer trousers to go with my favorite dark brown, long pointed, high heeled Western boots'!

I hope you enjoyed my 'coming out' story.

That's a big step forward, hope it keeps going just as well for you with your mum.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Thats ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Congrats!

I remember when I came out to my mom. It was more than five years ago and were eating lunch in a Ruby Tuesday's in a Fort Lauderdale, Florida mall. I was hesitant at first to bring up the subject, but eventually I did. While my mother's reaction wasn't as fashionable constructive as yours, she kept her response simple and to the point, "Why do you have to stop?"

I was floored needless to say, but your story was very interesting and I hope others find inspiration in it as well.

BRAVO :roll:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Great conversation! My jaw is on the ground. I still have no heels yet (besides my 2" cowboy boots) but my mom was amazed when she first saw me in leather pants.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Bootylicious:-) WOW!! What a coming out story and congrats on your Mom for being so level headed about the subject. It sounds like your "In like Flin". Tell us more interesting adventures about you and Mom and your heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great going, Bootylicious! I have yet to come out to my parents. If they find out about my public heeling escapades, I'll deal with it then. Otherwise, I KNOW I will be asking for trouble from my dad. (I am extremely sure he'll think his son is gay)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks for your reactions guys. Shafted: You have yet to come out? YOU? :-) When I re-read my story it sounds unbelievable to me too. I didn't know I have built up so much credit over the years. Then again, if I look at the photos of myself in these boots I can't imagine what's wrong with the look. Ok, it's edgy but so do a lot of other people look, in different ways, with their clothing, piercings, tattoos etc. and a lot of them look much worse than I do. I think I just found the right acceptable balance with these heeled boots because don't let my mum's reaction fool you: she is very conservative in a lot of ways, more than I like her to be. When it comes to fashion we usually have the same taste though. I didn't think that was gonna happen this time but she proved me wrong. If I had gotten home with an earring she wouldn't have liked it though (neither do I). The same goes for stiletto boots, I absolutely LOVE it when a nice woman is wearing them but after trying them myself I have come to the (personal) conclusion they are not appropriate for me and would, understandably, not be accepted. Everything has it's limits. The trick is to stretch these limits so I can still stay within them. A funny thing happened the next day. I had invited a tiler to look at our bathroom for making a quotation for retiling everything. I was wearing my boots and lead him up the stairs so he had a very good close-up view of my heels. When we were standing in the bathroom and I explained him what needed to be done the poor guy had a hard time concentrating on what I said. A couple of times I saw his eyes wondering of the drawing I showed him, onto my long pointed boots. He looked at me a little funny but I just kept a straight face and continued my explanation. Normally I'm the one who feels a little embarrased when I'm out and about but this time I had the roles reversed and that felt good, although I did feel a little sorry for him. Later that evening my hairdresser came by to give me a haircut. She does that in our garage, and although I did my best to get her attention for my boots by clacking around on the tiled floor and stretching my legs out from under the cover, she didn't notice a thing and just kept on chatting to me. So, to use the phrases of the actor Eli Wallach in the movie 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly': "There are 2 kinds of people in the world my friend: The ones who notice your high heeled Western boots, and the ones that don't." Funny stuff, I wonder if I can keep myself together when other friends and relatives see me for the first time in my boots. I'm ready for the confrontation (I think...).

Shafted: You have yet to come out? YOU?

I suppose the main reason is that my dad is very homophobic, and with his poor health and age, I don't wish to make matters worse by upsetting him. My mom could probably deal with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Bootylicious:-) Let us know if you receive any more comments or looks from that tiler after the job is done. He may want to get his pay before any inquiries are made. He doesn't want to lose the job. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 4 weeks later...

Good story - nice Mum! My mother's ok with it, provided I don't wear them when visiting them. She's not so concerned about it, but they do upset dad, and when dad's upset, mom's upset. My girlfriend, on the other hand, simply loves me for who I am, and while she's not thrilled about the heels, amazingly enough she digs kilt-wearers, and so long as I stick to masculine-looking skirts (partcularly if it has a zip flight that points to the right), she has no problem with me wearing them, either.

It never happened in my case. I go to mum's house, take off my boots and put them at the bottom of the stairs and walk around in socks. She's never commented nor asked about them. mind you she knows I'm a transvestite and a footwear design graduate so I guess she assumes that they go hand in hand with that.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 months later...

Well, we've had a long summer over here. Just last week it was still one day over 20 degrees C. I haven't been wearing my boots for months now and you might recognize the feeling that I had the other day when I looked at my boots. I was thinking: "This is ridiculous! Those are women's boots, what kind of a man am I to be wearing these things." All of a sudden they seemed pretty alien to me. I left them as they were.

A few days later my mother told me she had been shopping for boots and according to her apparently every women was doing that. The trend here is still Western (great!) and 'riding boots' style.

So, I visited the sites of El Dantes and Gianmarco Lorenzi to see their fall/winter collection and it's obvious: Boots are hotter than ever. And the style is still just my taste; Western, tall, pointy and high heeled. Especially the Western ones with the really high stacked heels look very exciting. These boots are almost as sexy as their stiletto counterparts but look much more practical for everyday use. It's a good thing for my wallet I'm not a woman...

Of course, looking at all this beautiful female footwear made me jealous and I finally decided to put on my Maela's to see if the magic was still there. Well, there's almost no better feeling then zipping up a pair of tall leather boots and when I stood up the lift of the heels kicked in and made the magic complete. I took a few steps, a bit unaccustomed after a few months but the feeling was still there and I love the power of high heels demanding me to walk upright and with pride! I couldn't wait to go out and hear their powerful clacking again.

Posted Image

As a try-out I wore my boots to my weekly swimming night. As soon as I walked in an older guy immediately looked down amazed at my boots. No wonder, they were polished to a high shine and when you're walking straight up to someone the long points are hard to overlook. I looked at him smiling. When I left my locker-room afterwards I bumped into the pool master and click-clacked away in his plain view. Oh dear, how will he look at me next week... When I had entered I was alone and the lady behind the casher's desk must have looked after me when I went on because when I re-entered the entrance area to leave, she heard my heels and instantly looked a little funny at me. I'm gonna tease her some more next week.

So, to put my reborn bravery really to the test I decided to visit a large DIY store in my neighboring town. I needed a few things so I had a purpose to go which usually makes heeling outside easier. These stores are large open areas with concrete floors which would make a hell of a noise I imagined. I would go in the evening when it is less crowded (chicken...) but that also means my heel clacking would be more obvious and there's the risk of stumbling into someone I know because this is a popular store in the area.

So on sales night I went there, after being terribly nervous all day. On the way over however I was dead calm, felt confident and was looking forward for some serious showing of with my boots.

There were not many customers and I must say I didn't really look around for any reactions. At one point I made the mistake of doing just that and immediately stumbled into something. Not very smart. I spent about 15 mins. in the store and found what I needed. I really enjoyed it, the boots are so comfortable and the sound is awesome, I'm not trying to smother that anymore, it's mandatory for the enjoyment. There were plenty of full length mirrors around so I could judge at first hand how I looked and I was very satisfied with the entire look, and that's what matters. And honestly, this time nobody noticed anything as far as I can tell. A few young female assistants were refilling displays and I walked by them a couple of times but they didn't even look.

When I checked out and left the store I was actually amazed that it can be so uneventful and it's so sweet to enjoy wearing my boots without having to worry much about what others might think. It feels like I progressed to the next level.

I wear them in the house also now when my mum's around. I was still a little hesitant at first but with the temperature dropping rapidly my feet start to get cold and what better remedy than a pair of tall leather boots. And they look so much better than loafers! It's good to be wearing them freely now and it's just a matter of time before a neighbor or relative steps in and finds me sitting with my boots crossed on the couch. I'm ready...

Great story Booty. Sounds like you had fun. It amazing how many people don't really care what you wear on your feet. I've freestyled in crowded Central London and no one really bats an eyelid. But hey it is London after all! I triedd on boots and other "women's" shoes today in my local TK Maxx - no double takes or shocks! Crazy.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hey that was a great story! I wish I would have had the guts to do that many years ago. I have been wearing high heels for decades. I started wearing my mom's heels when I was 12. Felt great and I was hooked for life.

Great thread Booty and lots of awesome feedback. I have over 70 pairs of high heel Boots and my first recollection of putting on a high heel pair of Boots goes back to age 11. For four years from age 11 through 15 the only high heel Boots that I could wear were my sister-in-laws knee high Boots, she had many pairs. We lived far from my brother and his wife but every time they visited or i visited them I was in heaven as I spent countless hours walking around the house in her Boots. At age 15 while on summer vacation with my parents to Las Vegas i was determined to get my own pair of high heel Boots. We were staying downtown, this was 1972, the best place to be to head out and do some shopping. Up till this point my parents had no idea of my fetish for Boots. On the second day in Vegas my parents went for an afternoon nap, we had adjoining rooms, so it was easy to slip out and go shopping. I wasn't 100% sure what i wanted but i did know i wanted sexy Boots with sexy heels. I wore a tight pair of black cour pants, yes it was about 100 degrees that day but heck, it was the fashion? It did not take long to spot a lady's shoe store and in the window they had some very sexy suede knee high Boots. I got up the guts and walked in. No one else was in the store and the only sales person was a young lady about 22/23. She was wearing a black pair of the suede knee Boots over jeans. She asked if she could help me and I said I was looking for a pair of Boots exactly like she was wearing. She smiled and measured my foot, reappearing from the back storage a few seconds later with a box of delicious black suede knee Boots. 'I assume you would like to try them on first", she smiled. She had me put both pairs on and it was absolutely amazing, oh what a feeling!! She asked if she could box the Boots up for me or if I'd like to wear them home. I mumbled that I'd wear them back to the hotel. She rang up the sale and off i went back to the hotel. These beautiful Boots had a 3 inch heel and walking in them was heavenly. I caught glimpses of people and hotel staff watching me as I strode past them all and into the elevator up to my room. I opened the door to my room and as I entered i heard through the adjoining room my mum ask if that was me. I answered yes and before I could stop and remove the Boots there she was in my room looking me up and down. "David, what on earth are you doing in womens Boots", she asked rather sternly? I stammered for an answer and the best i could come up with, "oh are they, i just thought they were nice Boots". Soon she had my dad in the room and I was ordered to return them to the store. I took the Boots off and back to the store I headed. however at the store not only did I decide to keep the Boots I had bought but i bought a second pair, a tan suede pair and this time I snuck them back into my room and into my suitcase. Now looking me, some 34 years later.....a high heel Boot collection of over 70 pairs that i wear out and about, happily married for 28 years to a Lady who loves Boots as much as i do, two great kids (both in their 20's) who know Mum & Dad's kinky fetish for Boots and accept us for who we are not what we wear. For my parents, we never mentioned Boots ever again and they have now both passed, 6 years ago now. david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

iloveboots Great story! I was trying to imagine how people were dressed way back in 1972 as I was reading it..hippie's, polyester, 60's clothing styles went through my minds eye. When I read the part about your parents commanding you to return the boots, I sighed to myself. When I read the part about you not only keeping the boots, but buying another pair, I rejoiced! Great story. :rocker:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

To iloveboots & bootylicious: GREAT stories. I've been wearing Kenneth Cole black ankle boots with a 3+-inch heel every day now with long jeans. Wow! A great feeling indeed! Finally - I don't care what anyone thinks. iloveboots, how did boots first come up with you and the woman you married?

Actually had these Boots right up until it was time to head off to University in 1975. I kept them in a storage box under my bed at home along with five other pairs of knee high high heel Boots I found in my brother's basement boxed up on a visit in 1973. They made their way back in my suitcase as i figured these Boots were no longer needed but they needed an owner/wearer who would appreciate them. On my leaving home for University i did a purge and all seven pairs of knee Boots went into the trash. I sure regretted that move!!! Upon entering university in Canada I was out shopping for some winter Boots and came across a store called "Village Cobbler". They carried very fashionable Ladys Boots. By now I had met my partner to be (we married 4 years later). I had already bought 3 pairs of Boots for cathy, she knew about my fetish from day 1. Well on this cool October day in 1975 I knew i had to have some high heel Boots to replace what i had foolishly thrown away a few months earlier. I found a black leather knee high pair, nice and tight, 4 inch stiletto heel and also a lady's winter black leather knee high Boot, lined with a 3 inch stack heel. I began wearing the Lady's winter Boots to classes everyday under my jeans and never received a negative comment. On some days when the snow was bad i wore them with the jeans tucked in. I remember in December being invited over to the home of a couple near the University who were good friends of my parents just before Christmas. They picked me up from the house where I was renting a room and I wore the black winter Boots over jeans that night. They were a little shocked and commented that my Boots looked like women's Boots, but i assured them they were mens! They commented a few times during the evening each time they saw me in the Boots. the house where I rented a room was owned by a single lady in her 40's and she was always in knee high Boots, she always liked seeing me in my mine and made many comments on how she liked the look. I went out on weekends shopping or to the movies wearing the stiletto heel Boots once in awhile as well. The House Lady saw me leaving one day and offered me a drive to whereever I was going. the whole trip to the mall she chatted about how good my Boots looked on me. After my first year at university i moved on campus into a dorm and my Boots became hidden away in the closet. the only time they came out was when i took them with me to visit Cathy every other weekend and we would go out dancing at clubs in Toronto etc. Lots more to share...but must go for now, david

I met Cathy when we were both 17 in the summer (1974) when i was visiting my brother and his wife. We hit it off right away and we talked about everything. About two weeks after we first met I bought Cathy a gift, yup you guessed, a black leather platform pair of knee Boots...these were very fashionable in 1974, big tall platforms. Cathy gushed when she opened the package and she commented what a unique gift but one she loved as she really loved Boots. She wore them almost daily until i left to go home after summer vacation in late August. we wrote nearly every day and that's where we began to talk about my fetish for Boots and that she was very comfortable with that. During our year apart she received two more gifts of Boots through the mail a black suede pair and a brown leather pair, both with sexy 4 inch stiletto heels. We could not wait to get back together upon my return the next july to head to university which was close by. My choice of schools had a lot to do with where Cathy was!!

Later that fall she saw me in Lady's Boots for the first time when i purchased a couple of pairs of knee high Boots...she loved the look and has loved seeing me in high heel Boots ever since.

david

To iloveboots & bootylicious:

GREAT stories.

I've been wearing Kenneth Cole black ankle boots with a 3+-inch heel every day now with long jeans. Wow! A great feeling indeed!

Finally - I don't care what anyone thinks.

iloveboots, how did boots first come up with you and the woman you married?

Sounds like you're married to the girl of your dreams! I'm best friends with the girl of my dreams. She accepts me for who I am, made her most recent pass at the possibility of us getting together less than 5 hours ago, and has been, and will remain one of the best friends I've had in the last 22 years of my life. Sadly, for me, it's just "not there" for me with her, although if I sprang the question she'd bust a gut telling me yes. Yet another girl, half as interested in me, and probably not supportive of my interest in heels (she doesn't know) commands my interest. Ain't life fickle?

Yup, I must say I did find the girl of my dreams, a soul mate. Cathy and I believe that we all have many lives and Cathy has visions of a previous life that we connected. It was back a few centuries, sometime in the 1700's in England and she was a "lady of the night". She remembers falling head over heels for a well to do man who picked her up in a horse drawn carriage, he was wearing big tall black leather Boots over tight riding pants. That man she believes was me...so, it seems I have been a man who has enjoyed Boots for more than one life! LOL! Just to add to my previous note regarding when cathy and I were first together, following on from the great thread, "Cats out of the Bag".....Cathy's first experience with me in high heel thigh high Boots was very exciting. It was the fall of 1978, I had finished my University degree that May and we were now living together in Toronto. I had spotted a very exciting pair of high heel black leather thigh high Boots in the window of a store called Calderone's in the Eaton Centre in Toronto while we were out shopping. I showed cathy and she agreed they were very very sexy and actually asked for them in her size, size 5. Unfortunately they didn't have them in her size, but mental note registered here with me! Later that week while Cathy was working I headed down to the Eatons Centre wearing my blaclk leather jacket, tight blue jeans and the knee high stiletto heel black Boots I had bought a few years earlier while at University. I went into Calderone's and a salesman was on me within a flash. "Very nice Boots, is there anything I can help you with today", he asked with a grin. I answered that I was in earlier in the week, described the Boots as they were no longer on display. He said those Boots had been very very popular but he had a few pairs in bigger sizes left in the back and went to look for my size, size 11. He reappeared with them in a few minutes and I proceeded to try both on. They were very tall, at least 30 inches in length, soft Italian black leather, and a very comfortable 4 inch stacked wood heel. I walked around the store, every set of eyes turning my way and I bought them immediately. As I was now wearing both Boots i might as well leave in them and the salesman boxed up my knee highs and off i went! It was now almost time for Cathy to finish work and she was not far away from the Eaton's Centre so i walked over to her place of work and waited nearby as she walked out. I walked up behind her and surprised her with a big kiss....she knew i must be in heels as I was much taller than usual and she looked down and squeeled!!! "Oh my God, those beautiful Boots, you bum"! We decided to go to a dinner/dance club on Yonge Street that we went to many times for a fun evening. My first night in my first pair of high heel thigh high Boots was incredible! We danced all evening....lots and lots of great comments from the club staff and other patrons. That same weekend after buying the new thigh Boots we had tickets for a Detroit Lions/Green Bay Packers game down in Detroit. Cathy asked me to wear My new Boots the entire three day trip, which I definitely did. we had a great time both of us in thigh Boots the entire weekend. This was the start of something we now have done for almost 30 years, taking "Boots Only Vacations"....so so much fun! Cheers, david

Hi all. It's nice to see my thread has been read a lot AND you take the time to react. For me writing is a way to cool down after another exciting and successful outing. If it goes bad at some point (unavoidable) I will tell that also. Like right now... Anyway, I'm just trying now to see how much I can enforce my luck. Unfortunately I'm not an outgoing person like Kneehighs (and not so popular with the ladies as he is either) so I will have to wear my boots mostly during everyday occasions. Funny fact: when my mum first saw my boots she said: "Those Western boots are also nice to wear for work." She was already way ahead of me! I told her that might not be such a good idea yet. (I'm ICT Manager, no suit&tie, just casual but still...) I don't have to tell you I fantasized about it alot though. So I've been searching for days now for some more acceptable Western boots and I found dozens of beautiful ones that I would put on to work in a second but... not in my size. It's a shame that most of the heels available in larger sizes are more of the fetish kind and that is not the category I'm in. I guess I'll have to try smaller sizes in a real shoe store one of these days, to see how small I can really go. From what I've read here sofar, trying on heels in a real store is somewhat of the ultimate kick. The other night I went to town to buy a pair of leather gloves for the winter. I didn't have the guts to park in the underground garage in the city center. This means some serious echoing heel clacking, going up a stair and waiting in line for the cash machine when leaving. That seemed still too scary... So I parked outside the center and I had quite a walk first. Not smart, suddenly a man came from a side road walking behind me all the way. Although I felt pretty confident I realized I'm not there yet because I didn't like that at all. I am still very observant for who might notice anything. I went into a leather garments shop and found 2 ladies waiting for customers. They didn't sell gloves and advised some department stores that sold them. I thanked them and left the store. They must have seen my heels when I turned around because they didn't have anything else to do. I came by one of the department stores but my bravery had worn down a bit and I decided not to enter these brightly lit stores. I told you I'm still not there yet. As I walked on I encountered more and more people and stopped a few times for some supposed 'phone checking'. The men are not the ones to look out for, it's the women who are always looking how others are dressed. Suddenly a mother and her daughter came walking right up to me, talking to each other. As they passed me I could just feel the mother freeze in her tracks and turn around. The talking stopped. I knew I was caught and 2 secs. later I heard the girl laugh behind me. Damn! I knew this was inevitable but I honestly can't remember the last time somebody ridiculed my appearance and I felt stupid for a moment. Fortunately with age you also recover faster and after about 5 secs. of feeling stupid I was wondering what their secret would be that nobody's supposed to know. We all have them... I continued all the way back to my car and arrived soaking wet but at least I'd done it! When I came home I looked at my boots and thought about the laughing women if maybe they were right. Well, they have the right too find it strange but it's pretty stupid and disrespectful to laugh out loud at someone in public, no matter what he or she is wearing. Keep your negative opinions to yourself and let me be I would say.

The fun part is turning back and look right at them with a serious face, you swear they got whiplash from turning away form looking at you. :rocker: I have done this several times and if there was any laughing it stops dead :biggrin:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Suddenly a mother and her daughter came walking right up to me, talking to each other. As they passed me I could just feel the mother freeze in her tracks and turn around. The talking stopped. I knew I was caught and 2 secs. later I heard the girl laugh behind me. Damn! I knew this was inevitable but I honestly can't remember the last time somebody ridiculed my appearance and I felt stupid for a moment.

Fortunately with age you also recover faster and after about 5 secs. of feeling stupid I was wondering what their secret would be that nobody's supposed to know. We all have them...

I continued all the way back to my car and arrived soaking wet but at least I'd done it! When I came home I looked at my boots and thought about the laughing women if maybe they were right. Well, they have the right too find it strange but it's pretty stupid and disrespectful to laugh out loud at someone in public, no matter what he or she is wearing. Keep your negative opinions to yourself and let me be I would say.

I think it's down to your own inconfidence that they laughed at you and it became an event. I did some freestyling Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning - I felt pretty confident with my outfits (mirror checks looked good) so who ever saw what I was wearing it didn't matter. I think I can only recall one young woman in Ross-On-Wye on Monday morning, kneeled down on the pavement by a bus stop, that noticed my wedge boots - but that was because I walked passed her and she was in the right position (near the ground) to see I was in heels. I didn't care though. I fact I quite enjoyed seeing her double take. It gives her something to talk about with her friends and family and who knows, she may approve of my fashion taste. It will certainly lessen the shock next time she sees a guy in heels.

Back to my point, you just need to be a bit more confident and comfortable with what you're wearing, and laughing girls won't matter. I know it will take time (I'm still on that journey) but you will get there.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005