Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I went shopping this afternoon wearing a white blouse, denim “above the knee” length skort, black leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Most of the times I have been out the whole adventure has been uneventful. This wasn’t one of those outings. I stopped at Sam’s and wandered around the store. When I was in the checkout line I overhead a lady in line behind me say, “Well, I thought I had seen everything.” When I got to the register with my favorite checkout clerk, I told her, “Today is the day for expanding horizons.” And told her what the lady had said. She replied, “She ain’t seen nothing.” After Sam’s I went to a Goodwill that is just down the street. The first thing that happened was an older black lady commenting, “I love your boots.” I thanked her and went on shopping. Next I hears a quiet wolf whistle. I glanced over at its source and the guy did his best to look innocent. Last I went to my favorite thrift emporium and wandered around looking for something interesting. At the register, I noticed a guy about 25’ away with a camera pointed at me. Not a cell phone but a camera. I turned my back and he went around to the other side of the registers to wait for me to come through. After I had checked out, I noticed he had all his family there to see the guy in boots. After throwing a bit of a scowl his way I left the store and headed home. Some days no one notices at all and other days it seems like the whole world is watching. Oh well it was still a fun outing. :winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had to stop at the city building to pay a fee this morning before work. I went in wearing a black leather jacket, a dark blue turtleneck, a brown suede knee length skirt, suntan hose, and black knee boots with 3” block heels. The outfit is conservative and looked rather nice. There was a lot of street construction work going on outside the city building and there were a lot of city workers coming to work. I wasn’t sure what reaction I would get but there was only one way to find out. I parked across the street, put my money in the parking meter and headed into the building. To end any suspense, nothing happened and no one said a word. When I walked in I passed a few workers that didn’t notice me at all but there was a young man sitting in the lobby that just looked at me in disbelief. I had to walk down a long hall the cashier’s office. The floor is ceramic tile laid over plywood so the whole floor acts like a sounding board. Walking on that floor made so much racket that I changed my gate from heel first to having the ball of my foot hit flat and then lower the heel to the ground. When I came back out, walking as quietly as possible, the guy was still sitting in the lobby but I just walked passed him. As I was going out of the door a guy looked at me, down at the skirt and boots, then back up at me. As he was forming his opinion (this looked like an effort for him), I nodded, said “Morning”, and headed over to my car. (He may still be standing there trying to figure out what happened). This outfit really feels comfortable, both physically and mentally. When I got to work, I changed the skirt for slacks and headed in. I have been wearing these boots to work for several months but a skirt is too much for work (even the women don’t wear them). All in all a fun morning. :winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had to stop at the city building to pay a fee this morning before work. I went in wearing a black leather jacket, a dark blue turtleneck, a brown suede knee length skirt, suntan hose, and black knee boots with 3” block heels. The outfit is conservative and looked rather nice.

My, my! That does sound like a nice outfit. I continue to be greatly impressed with your fine sense of style, and your boldness in wearing what you want where you want. I'm currently doing my very best to follow in your footsteps with my own outings. Meanwhile, I've yet to have some clown follow me around with an honest to gosh camera. I guess he needed photographic proof to verify what he saw with his own eyes. What a doofus!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I did some shopping after work tonight. I was wearing a black turtleneck, black leather jacket, black ankle length leather skirt, black hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I’ve worn this outfit before and, yeah, it’s a lot of black, but I like the look and it was cold enough to be comfortable wearing that much leather. The skirt has a back slit that is closed with snaps. When it is fully closed down to the hem, I have to take very small steps. I kept it fully closed for most of the shopping. A skirt that long with no slit makes getting in and out of the car an interesting exercise. I have to swing both feet in or out together.

I stopped in Sam’s and a guy about my age walked by me and almost hurt his neck as he twisted it around to see who was wearing a leather skirt and boots. I think he was a little disappointed after he got over the confusion. Other than that the shopping was uneventful.

I also stopped at a near by Goodwill just to see if there was anything of interest. I tried on two pair of boots which was fun because I had to take off one of my thigh boots while wearing a long skirt. Neither pair fit well enough to bother with. I also tried on a red leather blazer but it was part of a two piece ensemble and a clerk and I hunted all over the store for the other piece. Even though they couldn’t find the other piece, and a customer wanted to buy the one they had, they wouldn’t change the price so I passed it up. I don’t think I will ever understand that logic. While I was trying the blazer on, one of the male customers threw me a smile and wished me luck finding bargains. My boots and skirt didn’t seem to bother him at all.

All in all a nice outing.

:silly:

JeffB -

Thanks for the kind words, but we have to get this figured out... I thought I was following you. :winkiss:

JeffB -

Thanks for the kind words, but we have to get this figured out... I thought I was following you. :winkiss:

Well, you were out and about in boots and skirts before me, therefore, I'm following YOUR excellent example! By the by, kudos on another excellent outing!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the day off from work so I decided to do my shopping a little early. It’s also in the mid 70sF so warm weather attire is appropriate. I went out wearing a gray T-shirt, a 14” denim mini skirt, black leather crotch boots with 5” stilettos. This skirt really qualifies as a mini skirt and the boots do not go up under the hem. My first stop was a Goodwill where clothing was on a 50% off sale. I turned a couple of heads as I walked across the parking lot but in the store I was just another customer. I looked at the shoes but there was only a pair of size 12 boots of man made material that I had tried on several weeks ago. I was looking for a top to wear instead of the T-shirt I had on but I didn’t find anything I liked in my size. I did overhear a lady saying, “and I thought I had seen everything.” I’m pretty sure she was talking about me. I wandered over to the blazer rack and found a denim coat that is cut narrow at the waist and really looks sharp. As I was looking a middle aged attractive black lady walked by and quietly said, “I love your boots.” “Why, thank you very much.” After a few moments I commented, “Not too many guys can wear them and even fewer will.” (I know and don’t want to hear it from the folks reading this that they can and will wear boots.) “I know but they look great. I really am coveting your boots.” I wandered away and then came back and asked, “Is the skirt too much?” “No not all, it looks great! It has to be a mini or the boots wouldn’t show at the top.” I thanked her and took my jacket and headed to the register. The clerk (young lady) was all smiles and I asked her if the leather skirts had been moved (they had all been on one rack)? “Aren’t they there? Let me ask someone.” She came back and said, “No more leather, they say its too hot for leather.” As I stepped away from the register I said, “No it isn’t” which got a laugh as I headed out. I turned more heads in the parking lot but as a guy in a van drove by I got a friendly nod. Next I headed to Sam’s. I put on the jacket and it looks great with the skirt and boots (thanks HappyFeat). In Sam’s the greeter, who knows me, waved and gave me a big smile. There was a guy stand by guy who clearly disapproved and was throwing daggers at me with his look. As I passed the greeter called out, “Hey, come here a minute” (the guy nearly swallowed his teeth) she then tried to sell me a Sam’s Discover card. The rest of the shopping was uneventful. When I got to the register, the clerk commented that the outfit looked great and that she was jealous every time I came in. I still have some more shopping to do so I’m heading out again. :winkiss:

I’m back from my second round of shopping, worn out, sore feet, but happy. I was wearing the same outfit except I changed the T-shirt for a white blouse. I knew I was going to get ice cream at Sam’s so I went every where else first.

I stopped at the Goodwill in Newport Ky. I turned a couple of heads as I walked around but no one said a word. I wandered around looking at stuff but didn’t see anything of interest so I strolled back out to my car and headed for my favorite thrift emporium. I parked and got out of the car and noticed that pulling the skirt down was becoming automatic. In the Jaunts of JeffB thread, Jeff mentioned “he could not sit in the shorts he just bought”. There is definitely no sitting in this skirt.

In the store I wandered around and succumbed to the temptation I passed up last time I was in the store. The brown suede leather slacks that I passed up for $5 were half price today. I also spotted a pair of black leather knee high boots with a narrow 3” heel that were size 10. They looked like a large size 10 and I suspected they would fit. There was no chance of trying them on even there was a bench provided just for that purpose. Remember, I can’t politely sit in this 14” skirt and I’d have to also take off a crotch high boots. I trusted my eye and bought the size 10 boots for $2. I wandered around the store for a while then checked out. When I got to the car, I tried on the boots and I do have a good eye, they fit perfectly.

I then headed to the St.Vincent shop in downtown Newport. I had to park half a block away and walk to the store. I did get one whistle while I was walking. The clerk running the store knew me and greeted me warmly. I looked around for a minute then asked her, “You know your stock, is there anything that will go with this?” (Last time I asked her that she showed me several dresses and encouraged me to try them on.)

She said “There are a few summer dresses and a couple of skirts.”

I looked around a little longer then headed back to the car.

The last stop was Sam’s in Florence Ky. I strolled in from the parking lot and wandered around the store. A couple of heads turned but for the most part, I was just another customer. One lady out of the blue commented, “They have moved everything around and I cant find a thing.” Why she chose a guy in a skirt and crotch boots to tell that to might keep a psychiatrist busy for a while but I just laughed along with her. I saw another lady puzzling over the brands of coffee and I asked her if the brand she was considering was good.

She said it was but it was already ground and she wanted whole bean. I recommended another brand and she thanked me.

At the checkout, the clerk (female college freshman) didn’t know what to make of me. She was a little flustered so I complemented her on her nails. As soon as she realized what I had said, she gave me a big smile (braces and all) and told me all about the salon where she had had them done.

I walked back to the car, with the ice cream and headed home.

This has been a fun day!

:winkiss:

TBG: Once again, you impress me greatly with your boldness, wearing an outfit as outrageous as what you described. I only hope to be able to follow in your footsteps. Bravo to you, my friend!

This morning I did something I have needed to do for a loooong time. I got out my bicycle and went for a ride. I live on a hill so if I ride from home, depending on which way I go, I either get an easy ride at the beginning and a killer at the end or the other way around. Considering I haven’t been on my bike for at least 6 years, neither prospect sounded appealing so I put the bike rack on the car and headed for a reasonably flat park. I got to the park at about 7:00 AM so only the joggers and dog walkers were there.

I was wearing a gray T-shirt and black leggings which is enough for a ridding outfit but I pulled on the 14” denim shirt and the black knee high boots I got yesterday and started off.

My legs told me right away that it had been a while since I had been biking so I took it easy. I normally ride at about 14 MPH but it is going to be a little while before I can sustain that again. Anyway, the folks I saw all nodded and called a greeting, and a couple of smiles. After about 2 miles I circled back to the car and got off the bike and wobbled over to a picnic table and sat down for a while. A few minutes later I went out again and did another couple of miles and came back to the car. My legs were still very wobbly from the exercise but I still had a little left in me so I took off my knee high boots and pulled on my thigh boots with 5” stilettos to see if I could ride with them. I was concerned that the heel would touch the ground at the bottom of the peddle stroke so I tested that and found I had a good clearance. I thought why not and headed out again and did another mile. Very few folks saw me but those that did gave no reaction.

The black legging and black boots blend very well so there was no contrast to catch anyone’s eye so I can’t blame folks for not noting too much.

Anyway it was always something I have wanted t try and it sure was fun.

JeffB –

Thanks for the kind words but I think outrageous is a little too strong. The outfit really does look good. And as far as following in my footsteps, as they say in the dog walk park, watch where you step.

JeffB –

Thanks for the kind words but I think outrageous is a little too strong. The outfit really does look good. And as far as following in my footsteps, as they say in the dog walk park, watch where you step.

Hmm! Upon further review, perhaps you're right about "outrageous" being too strong a term. In any event, you certainly have been bold in what you've worn on your outings. If not for you, I never would've given thigh boots a try and quickly fall in love with them. Not to worry, I'll be careful where I step. Heh!

I stopped in Sam’s and the near by Goodwill tonight after work. I was wearing a blue knit shirt, blue denim jacket, blue denim 14” mimi skirt, grey hose, and black leather crotch high boots with 5” stilettos. Sam’s was a normal shopping stop. I was a little short on time so I just picked up my items and headed for the register. The register clerk, who knows me well, commented again that she didn’t see how I could walk in those heels. At the Goodwill, as soon as I walked in a middle aged black lady called out from the register line, “Ooo, I like your boots!” “Why, thank you very much.” I don’t know what it is about middle aged black women that gives them such good taste in footware, but that group always seems willing to speak out about their there likes (and I assume dislikes). I shopped a bit and found an item I wanted and got into line behind the lady who had commented about my boots. She gave me a nice smile but she had a cart overflowing with stuff and the other register operator called over to me that she could wait on me. At the other register, the clerk, who had waited on me several times, said, “I was working the last time you came in, and everybody just stopped and looked. A lady was talking to me but she just turned towards you as stared.” “Really, I wonder why.” and we both chuckled. I really had not noticed that affect on the other shoppers. I asked her if this outfit worked together. She said, “Well the denim jacket is a little too dark, but denim is denim, yeah it looks fine.” “My denim jacket is a little dark to but I wear it anyway.” I bid her a good evening and headed home. I’m starting to think that no guy in his right mind would enjoy going around dressed in a mini skirt and thigh boots. However I’m a guy, and I am really enjoying wearing this skirt with my boots so that leads to an obvious conclusion. I really have been wondering about this for some time now. I attached a couple of pics. The boots I’m wearing in the pic are my Tony-U crotch high boots. The difference between these boots and the ones I wore shopping are the Tony’s don’t have a rear lace but do have a full length zipper. They also have a different heel placement that almost forces you to place the heel and sole on the ground at the same time. The Tony’s are no where near as comfortable to walk in as my other boots. I just got back from a short, uneventful, nighttime, neighborhood walk dressed as I am in the pic. :winkiss:

post-928-133522884516_thumb.gif

post-928-133522884518_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the new Star Trek movie this afternoon. I went to the cineplex wearing a long sleeved black top, gray hose, an 18” black leather skirt, and black leather crotch boots with 5” stilettos. There were very few people at the theater; in fact the popcorn girl was also selling tickets. She seem rather cool to the notion that a guy in a skirt and boots was buying a ticket in her theater. I headed into the auditorium where the usher greeted me as I came. While the lights were on and found a good seat and settled in for the show. The other patrons mostly ignored me but when the lights went out I’m sure they forgot all about me (it is a good movie). After the show I walked back out through the lobby where the usher invited me back. The patrons in the lobby really didn’t know what to think but no one did anything but stare. I stopped at a self service gas station that was busy but I don’t think anyone really noticed. On the way home, I stopped in a Goodwill just to look around and for the most part people again ignored me. Yes, I know how over the top this outfit is, but is sure is fun to wear it. :winkiss:

post-928-133522885336_thumb.jpg

TBG: Your outfit didn't look over the top to me. Bravo to you on your outing!

@TBG Thank you for posting your outings. I'm sure many read your adventures. I realy like the short denim mini with the boots. Wearing a tight short skirt with high boots is a wonderfull feeling indeed.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Today was a great boots day!

I went bicycle riding at Lunken again and did another 14 miles. Three days is a row! The temperature was about 63F which is great riding weather.

I wert a long sleeved black top under a grey T-shirt, black leggings, a black short suede skirt, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos (8868s) and a black leather purse. You really had to look hard to notice the skirt but there was no hiding the boots. I had done a couple of short rides earlier in my 5” boots, but this was the first extended ride in 4” heels. It felt great! I got a couple cheery “Hi”s and “Good morning”s and I also got ignored by a couple of folks. About 1/3 of the course is on Wilmer Ave, which is a busy street by Lunken airport, so I’m really out riding on the side of a busy street for more than a mile. I did notice a service truck driver almost loose it as he drove by but most folks paid no attention. It was a great ride.

On the way home, I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium and just wandered through.

This afternoon I went back to the same cineplex I had gone to yesterday, to see Wolverine. I went to the movies wearing lace patterned hose, a black long sleeved top, a gold/tan 15” leather skirt, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos and a black unlined suit jacket. The thigh boots I wore today are shorter than the crotch hi boots I wore yesterday and they leave about 4” of my leg showing when I’m walking, and a lot more when I sit down (this skirt was not designed for sitting). The temperature differences I felt on my legs immediately caught my attention in a very nice way.

I parked at the cineplex and realized there is no polite way to get out of a car with a skirt this short so I made sure there was no one looking my direction before I got out and straightened the skirt and put on my jacket. I walked across the parking lot in full sun so I got a very clear reflection in the doors of how the outfit looked and was very pleased. The boots really stand out and the skirt’s color provides enough contrast with the black top and jacket that it doesn’t get lost.

The theatre was almost empty so I took a good seat and enjoyed the movie.

When the movie was over I walked out through the lobby and realized I was enjoying this outfit too much to go home. I got in the car and headed for the Florence Ky. Mall area.

I stopped in Barnes and Nobel bookstore and looked through the computer books then through the literature section and finally bought a copy of the Thurber Carnival to replace the one I had worn out.

There is a shoe store next to B&N so I wandered through without trying anything (remember sitting in this skirt is a problem).

I headed across the street to Florence Mall, parked and walked in. I did stop at a Payless in the Mall but for the most part I just walked from one end of the mall to the other, then went to the upper level and walked back. I only noticed one group of young people paying any attention to me, other than that no one seemed concerned.

After the Mall I went to a Goodwill in Florence and just wandered through.

The last stop was Sam’s to pick up a few things. By this time I’m so comfortable in this outfit I almost forget what I look like until I see a reflection then I just smile. The girl at the register had never seen me before and was very perky. I asked her what she would change in my outfit and it caught her a little off guard but she said, “I really like your boots.”

What a great way to end an outing.

When I got home and put my purchases away, I realized I was exhausted. I do keep my guard up when I’m out and staying that “on” for a long time takes its toll. But I have spent most of the day in a leather skirt and thigh boots so I’ll pay the piper and crash for a while.

JeffB – The outfit may not be over the top to you but I can guarantee the first question thought about by anyone who saw me was not “Was he wearing heels?” I really would be interested in your definition of “over the top”.

ChantalTV – Thanks for the kind words.

post-928-133522885632_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522885634_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522885637_thumb.jpg

I’m on vacation from work this week and having grand time.

This morning I road 20 miles on the Loveland bike trail I went riding wearing a long sleeved black top, black suede biker shorts, ivory hose and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. With all my messing around with skirts I had forgotten I had those shorts. The style is very loose and baggy which is just what I needed for riding but also why I rarely rear them. Sitting on a bike seat with tight leather pants would tear up the seat of the pants but these shorts are loose enough to work just fine.

The Loveland trail is an abandon railroad right of way so it is flat riding, which is just what I need right now. I planed to go out for an hour then turn around and come back. I figured my legs had about two hours in them. After 45 minutes on the trail I knew, I branched off on a part I had never been on. About 2 miles into this branch, I ran into a major hill and decided not to spend my legs on the hill and the 4” heels on already tiring legs was a major vote against walking up the hill. I turned around and headed back. This branch runs along a major highway (the main trail is in the woods) so lots of folks driving by got to see a rider wearing thigh boots with heels. At the intersection where the trail crossed the road, I did notice truckers going out of their way to give me the right of way. Other than that, the folks I met on the trail wished me a good morning as we passed. I only noticed one dour look.

When I got back to my car, my legs were spent and I was a little chilled. All I wanted to do was get home and crash for a while. I felt bad enough that I passed two Goodwill stores without going in, which is something I rarely do.

After some food, rest, and heat, I headed to the Art Museum. I wore the long sleeved black top, an ankle length leather skirt, a black high waisted leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. It was a lot of black leather, but I think the combination worked. I parked several blocks from the museum so I had a nice walk.

I spent a couple of hours sketching, chatting with the guards, and the other patrons. I didn’t notice anyone even giving me a second glance.

This has been a fun day.

Another fun vacation day! When I was ridding yesterday, I got a lung and two eyes full of pollen (ridding through a forest with a stiff wind blowing) and my body reacted poorly. I stayed in bed until 10:00 and felt rotten. Needless to say I skipped my morning bike ride but I still wanted to go out. I pulled out an outfit I never thought I would wear and liked the look so I went out shopping wearing a black blazer, a pink LEATHER pull on top, a PINK leather skirt, ivory hose, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The pink ans black was a very nice contrast. I went shopping and stopped at a Goodwill. After a few minutes looking around, a middle aged black lady came up and asked if she could take a picture of my boots. I struck a pose that showed off the heel and we had a nice chat about boots and another lady joined in the conversation. I recommended a couple of web sites where she could get boots with a wide shaft. The lady with the cell phone and I bid each other a good day. I was looking for a white blazer to go with the pink outfit and they had one which I tried on. I asked the other lady how it looked and she said it went well especially with the pink. I thanked her but I liked the black blazer better so I passed up the white one. I went to Sam’s and turned a few heads. At the register I got a clerk who knows me well and I asked her if there was too much pink? She said that the out fir really looked nice and well coordinated (her words). I asked her how she would improve it and she suggested accessorizing with jewelry. I went on to my favorite thrift emporium where I found a white blazer that fit a little better and picked it up. At St.Vincents DePaul’s the clerk who knew me liked the outfit and recommended a wide belt. I got home and but my purchases away and decided to go to a movie. I changed the pink leather skirt for a white denim one (haven’t been able to find a leather one) and the pink leather top for a black long sleeved top (the leather top was getting warm) and the black blazer for the new white blazer. Basically black and white. Going to the movies was a non event. I enjoyed the movie, “Taken” and didn’t notice too much of a reaction form other folks in the lobby or theater. Next I stopped in WalMart where I overheard a kid saying to his mom, “He sure looks funny.” I’m sure his Mom was glad for the comment. I got a couple of other funny looks but that is to be expected. One last stop was a Goodwill in Florence Ky. Where I shopped around a bit. This has been one of the best vacations I have ever had. :winkiss:

I went biking again this morning wearing black suede leather biker shorts, black long sleeved top, ivory hose and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I road on a section of the Loveland Bike Trail I had never ridden before.

There were biker and walkers galore and no one seemed to care what I was wearing any more than I cared what they were wearing. I went 5 miles and had a bike problem (striped nut) that was slowly making the bike unridable so I turned around and headed back. I put the bike back on the care and verified that the problem was real (it was) and started for home.

On the way I stopped in a St.Vincedt DePaul and for the first time felt like a bug under a microscope. It was obvious that folks, who thought they had seen everything, hadn’t. I was the object of everyone’s attention and several comments. I looked through the store and left.

I spotted a bike shop and pulled into the parking lot, got out, took the nut off the bike, and walked into the store and asked the owner if he had one like it. He went back into the shot and came out with one and said it was as close as he had. He didn’t charge me and I went back out and tried it on the bike and it fixed the problem. I walked back in and asked him to sell me two more because I had had the failure before and wanted to carry a spare. He said he needed to see it again so I walked back out to my bike, got the nut and went back in. He pulled out two more, I gave him $1, he thanked me, I thanked him and I went back out and repaired my bike.

I headed back to the bike trail and road another 10 miles for a total of 20. By this time my legs are telling me it’s time to stop.

On the way home I stopped in a United Dairy Farmer and got a giant milk shake and inhaled it.

The last stop was a Goodwill and shoes were on sale. I found a pair of brown leather boots with a 3” stacked heel in a generous size 10. As soon as I picked them up I thought they just felt like good boots. I tried them on and they fit tolerably well so I bought them for $5.

Trying on the brown boots was the only time I had taken off my thigh boots all day. What a great day.

Bubba136 –

You commented, “It's to bad you can't go to work dressed like that.”

No it isn’t. I wear boots a t work under my slacks. That’s about as far as I can (or want to) push things at work. A skirt would be totally out of place, even the women don’t wear them.

JeffB – The outfit may not be over the top to you but I can guarantee the first question thought about by anyone who saw me was not “Was he wearing heels?” I really would be interested in your definition of “over the top”.

Well, perhaps my own perceptions of "over the top" has changed since I've expanded my own horizons and no longer see your outfits as exotic, but in the minds of most, a man sporting a really short skirt with thigh boots would be seen as extremely eyecatching, if not jawdropping to some, mainly because it's something most of society just doesn't see every day. We don't push the envelope for the sake of exhibitionalism, we do so because it's what we like to do and it makes us feel good to dress how WE want. I hope that clarified things some.

I did a quick shopping trip at my usual haunts, Sam’s and the nearby Goodwill, wearing a black leather jacket, dark blue turtleneck, white knee length skirt, gray hose and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. Sam’s was a non-event. There were a couple of glances but that was it. I took the coat off to go into the Goodwill because it was warmer than was comfortable. Lots of folks managed to ignore me but no one said a word. Last Saturday I spotted a pink suede leather women’s blazer that will go well with my pink suede leather skirt. The problem was I didn’t have the cash to buy the blazer but I’m going back tonight to see if it is still there and I’ll be wearing the pink suede skirt to be sure it looks Ok. I’ll keep you posted on the results.

I made it to the Milford St. Vincent DePaul’s to buy the leather jacket. I arrived wearing a long sleeved white shirt, a pink suede leather mid thigh skirt, white hose, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. Milford is a small community on the outskirts of Cincinnati that still manages to have local merchants which is a rare thing with all the WallMarts and shopping centers. I don’t think the folks there have ever seen someone wearing a pink suede skirt or someone wearing thigh boots and definitely not a guy wearing that stuff. No one said anything, but no one ignored me. Everyone stared. It was a long drive out to this store so I called ahead to be sure the jacket was still there. The clerk said it was and I told her I was on my way. When I got there, I walked across the parking lot and thought I heard an “O M G” from across the lot. In the store, I went looking for the jacket and couldn’t find it and was about to ask when I spotted it on a hanger behind the counter. I stood at the counter and waited for the clerk (middle aged lady) to finish whatever she was doing. As she walked up she said, “Oh, the pink jacket is yours?” “Yes it is. How did you guess?” “Your pink skirt…that looks nice.” I thanked her and finished the transaction and all the time the other customers were watching me closely. With the temperature in the low 80sF I decided not to wear the jacket home. The color in the pictures is really affected by the room lights. The skirt is a little more magenta than the jacket. ;)

post-928-133522885892_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522885893_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522885895_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522885895_thumb.jpg

I stopped at a Goodwill on the way home and they had skirts on sale for 99¢ so I bought three. The first is bright white knee length, the second is an off white mid thigh skort that is made of a stretchy fabric, and the third is a very full and frilly ankle length white skirt with open weave embroidered bands that run around the skirt. As much as I love wearing leather skirts, summer temperatures can make them uncomfortable especially the longer ones. The clerks don’t even bat an eye when I buy stuff like this any more.

JeffB-

I think the appropriate description is for me to say “I’m in the pink.”

I stopped at a Goodwill on the way home and they had skirts on sale for 99¢ so I bought three. The first is bright white knee length, the second is an off white mid thigh skort that is made of a stretchy fabric, and the third is a very full and frilly ankle length white skirt with open weave embroidered bands that run around the skirt. As much as I love wearing leather skirts, summer temperatures can make them uncomfortable especially the longer ones. The clerks don’t even bat an eye when I buy stuff like this any more.

Interesting! I'll have to check out my local thrift shop and see what I can find!

Interesting video TBG. Maybe its because i see the image of a guy in thighboots all the time in the mirror, or maybe its becasue we are so open on the subject that we dont consider it as weird anymore, but i do have to say that your outfit in this video works realy realy well. Looking at how well that outfit works, and knowing the feeling of wearing such an outfit, you can get sometimes angry with society not allowing you to look like that, without being judged on instantaniously. Thank you for posting.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Just posted another video:

Thighbootguy makes a quick supper

JeffB - This one shows my version of a mini skirt (14" denim).

After shooting the video I walked outside in the skirt and boots and almost caused an accident. Two guys driving at 30 mph almost stopped and the folks behind them really had to hit the brakes.

;)

Just posted another video:

Thighbootguy makes a quick supper

JeffB - This one shows my version of a mini skirt (14" denim).

After shooting the video I walked outside in the skirt and boots and almost caused an accident. Two guys driving at 30 mph almost stopped and the folks behind them really had to hit the brakes.

;)

HA! Can't say I'm surprised! Don't think I'm ready for something THAT short! Double HA!