Does anbody know this movie?

since-i-can-rem

If it comes to the US this Spring, wouldn’t it be great if Shafted could get a booking at his theatre? The mind boggles at the evening. Shafted in his boots, I’m bet he could even get the manager to wear a pair. Then how about “Rocky Horror Picture Show” as a double feature? His town in Maine would never bee the same.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes, it is based on a true story, and the company was also featured on the BBC "Trouble at the Top" programme too. That was several years ago. There are still a lot of internet news archives with a lot more information out there.

If it comes to the US this Spring, wouldn’t it be great if Shafted could get a booking at his theatre? The mind boggles at the evening. Shafted in his boots, I’m bet he could even get the manager to wear a pair. Then how about “Rocky Horror Picture Show” as a double feature? His town in Maine would never bee the same.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Nigel:-)

Even though the seller lied about the film on e-bay, you seem to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Cudos!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yep, the seller has not left any feed back for us, even though we paid instantly, so I worried then, but in turn he wont get any either, thats the way it works.

There are some quite good lines in the film, none of them classic unless, like us you are into heels and boots.

The boss not being able to walk in them was weird, it added to the storyline I guess, but it is a bit like having a cook that does not like eating. When the love interest said he looked sexy in them, I thought there is hope for all the thigh boot wearers out there!

Dont expect to get anything meaningful out of the film though, it is just really good fun. and a great watch.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

• 2 weeks later...

It was fun to watch, but not really ground breaking for us. I bought my copy on eBay -- if you're in the US and don't own a region-free DVD player (if you do, then you know it) read the description carefully. Most of the copies for sale are region 2 (Europe) and won't play on a US player. *

One seller has ones that are region 0 (all regions), it's apparently a Chinese version as the sub-titles (switchable) are Chinese.

However, it is PAL encoded -- I needed a new player anyways and I found a PAL/NTSC player for $29 at a local discount store. (PAL will usually play on your computer)

*region codes are an attempt by Hollywood to control distribution of discs. It is not illegal to own a unit that can play any region and there are many sites with instructions for shutting off region checking on your particular DVD player. On some it can be done from the remote control, on others you have to download new firmware. But, be aware you can render your unit inoperable fooling around with the firmware.