Should I tell her?

chris100575

As some of you might know, I'm in the process of buying my own house. It now looks as though my cousin might be moving in with me for an indefinite period until she sorts herself out somewhere permanent. The question is, should I tell her about my heels? I'm in two minds here. I don't want to freak her out, but by the same token I don't want to be in a position of having to hide them in my own house. The other consideration is that owing to the unorthodox layout, she'll have to go through my bedroom to get to the bath / shower. We've already agreed that this won't necessarily be a problem, as she can shower in the mornings after I'm up so I won't be in there, but it would make it harder to keep my heels from sight. My gut feeling is that she'd probably be OK, her sister probably being gay doesn't phase her and I think my preference for shoes is probably minor in comparison. The thing is I'm more like a big brother to her, and don't want to spoil that. Any suggestions? Chris

Chris, Your going to have to judge for yourself since you know her best. However if it helps, I've known my wife (and therefore sister-in-law) for 20 years now. Since my sister-in-law is single and very close to my wife (she stays with us alot of weekends), she is very much like a sister to me too (she, like my wife isn't technology savy, so I handle all her computer stuff as well). Anyway, I told her a while ago and she is even more ok with it than my wife. Matter of fact, I always show her all the heels I get (sometimes before I even get them to ask her opinion) and have even helped her look for and buy heels online as well. Of course I have only ever shown her block heels and wedges so not sure how she would handle stilleto heels. But as far as the block/wedge heels goes, she agrees that men should be able to wear them and sees absolutely nothing wrong with them. I've even shown her some of the inserts I've done for my shoes and made her a few as well. Hope that helps. Good luck, Scotty

Thanks for the responses guys. I am leaning more towards telling her, working on the assumption that if she's OK with it, all well and good. If not, at least she knows before she's living under my roof. It's probably a while off yet, but I've been worrying about it already. Chris

Chris, My recommendation would be to start off with something less feminine and more maculine like block heels. If she seems ok with that, you can slowly start revealing more feminine heels. If she freaks out over the block heels (which I highly doubt) you can just either say you were curious or they help your back or play it off somehow like that. Again, good luck! Scotty

You really need to think about this because while she may be cool with it (and you don't know this ahead of time), she may tell people who are either not cool with it and will try to embarrass you, or who are and will try to promote you to others you'd rather not know. Assume that anyone you tell will tell others. I was in a situation not completely dissimilar in that I was staying with a relative (younger) while working in another city. I had a choice of telling or not, and I chose not to. However, one night while she was away, or was supposed to be away, she came back. Not so bad since I was in my room, but the next morning I had the door open and I think she may have seen some things based on a comment or two later. No bad repercussions (yet), but .... It was also a fond wish that she'd be good with it and I could wear my stuff whenever I felt like it. Now that I'm home again, I do what I want - well, after the kids go to bed anyway.

She's family. This should be fairly easy. I'd just tell her to not be alarmed when she sees a heel lying around that doesn't fit her. If they WOULD fit her, then that's all the better. Here's to the best...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I would tell her. It really shouldn't be any problem. It would be better than her finding out on her own anyway.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Chris, this is a hard one. but can be done. sadly, don't know what to say that would make it easier, but sometimes the truth is much easier and filled with less surprises. If you hide it, it may come across as something you're ashamed of and think is bad and that you don't value your relationship with her highly enough to tell her. it's a weird mix.. i think. so, just calmly and normally bring it to her attention... like one person said.. just tell her not to be alarmed if she runs into shoes she knows aren't hers and that fit you. you're into heels but not in a weird way. then, go on her reactions. if you're as close as you say, she'll sort out her feelings about it. you know her better than us, so you'll know how she'll take it better than a 50/50 guess. good luck. it is after all your house too! RPM

At the end of the day - it's YOUR house - and what you do within the privacey of your own four walls is your business - and no-one else's. However - it would be a good idea to have a quiet word with your cousin - out of sheer courtesy. I can't see a problem though. She's family - and female - and you two seem pretty close judging by the way you are helping her out. In situations like these - we quite often find our own fears blowing the percieved outcome out of all proportion. The question you should really ask yourself is - " AM I comfortable wearing heels with others in the house?" My b/f was the same. His answer was - yes - I am comfortable. Which made it even easier for me to accept ( not that there was a problem in the first place).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks for all the help, I think I'm going to have to have a word with her before she moves in. The main consideration I think is that I don't want her finding a pair of heels in my size and making her own conclusions which might not be correct. As for the comfort factor, whether or not I wear them in front of her will probably depend on her reaction when I tell her. Other than posting the odd pic on here, wearing tights is something that's strictly private. In front of anyone else it'd be boots under jeans. Pussyinboots, you're probably right about my fears blowing it out of proportion. I did tell one of my male friends one night when we were both drunk, and his reaction was "so what?". BTW, I think I'm in love with the lady in your avatar! :D Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all Well, after agonising about it I told her about my heels. She'd helped me move in and we were sat having a brew, when I told her that there was something she needed to know before she moved in. When I told her that I liked to wear high heels her exact reaction was "Is that it? You had me worried there for a bit!" We talked about it, and the upshot is that she's OK with me wearing them and quite enjoys having someone else she can enthuse about shoes with. As our feet are almost the same size, she's even suggested that we could borrow each other's heels when she moves in! I've worn my spiky New Rock boots around her a few times now, and despite me being nervous the first time, she's OK with it. Phew! Chris

Chris, That's great to hear, I'm glad it's worked out ok for you. And you were so worried! :D And to top it all, she's a similar size? You couldn't be luckier, that's a great opportunity! Maybe you can get her to do some shoe modelling for pictures for the site? Bob.

Hi all

Well, after agonising about it I told her about my heels. She'd helped me move in and we were sat having a brew, when I told her that there was something she needed to know before she moved in. When I told her that I liked to wear high heels her exact reaction was "Is that it? You had me worried there for a bit!"

We talked about it, and the upshot is that she's OK with me wearing them and quite enjoys having someone else she can enthuse about shoes with. As our feet are almost the same size, she's even suggested that we could borrow each other's heels when she moves in!

I've worn my spiky New Rock boots around her a few times now, and despite me being nervous the first time, she's OK with it. Phew!

Chris

Awesome! That'll make life so much easier - and better.

Well done.

chris100575

Debbie's 6 inch Oxfords

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

Well, after agonising about it I told her about my heels. She'd helped me move in and we were sat having a brew, when I told her that there was something she needed to know before she moved in. When I told her that I liked to wear high heels her exact reaction was "Is that it? You had me worried there for a bit!"

We talked about it, and the upshot is that she's OK with me wearing them and quite enjoys having someone else she can enthuse about shoes with. As our feet are almost the same size, she's even suggested that we could borrow each other's heels when she moves in!

I've worn my spiky New Rock boots around her a few times now, and despite me being nervous the first time, she's OK with it. Phew!

Chris

I won't say "I told you so".......but (call it woman's intuition)..........."I told you so :D:cry: !!!!!!"

NICE RESULT honey :o !!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Her feet are slightly smaller than mine, but I managed to get into a pair of her stiletto boots the other night and they're a snug fit on her, so I don't think there's much it. Apparently she has around 30 pairs of shoes and boots, and most of them have heels. I'm looking forward to having a look through her collection and trying some of them out. I wouldn't ask her about modelling them though, might sound a bit weird coming from me what with being family. Pussy: This is one instance where "I told you so" is no bad thing! Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it. Chris

I'm very happy with how it's worked out. Having spent several years hiding my heels in my own house with my wife, it's nice to just be able to wear whatever I want whenever. Getting to borrow my cousin's will just be a bonus! Chris

Glad to see that the pressure is off. You needn't have worried so much, although I understand why you did. Now, the both of you can have loads of fun together with your shoes and boots. Congrats to you both. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Interestingly, since I have told my sister-in-law about wearing heels a few years ago, she and I have become almost shoe shopping buddies, looking online etc for heels. I show her what I buy and I've helped her find shoes, both online and in the store (see the Great Day Shopping thread). I've even shared some of my insert ideas with her and she has tried several herself:) Too bad she is my wife's size and not my size though;)