SQ's shoerack

ShockQueen

I've made some improvements to this collection since this was first took, but I just got my PhotoBucket account, so I wanted to show off a little bit.

So without further adieu.....here is my shoe rack:

Posted Image

I'll work on putting up a better one that has my boots as well as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Most impressive, SQ! Was that rack store bought or did you build it yourself? Inquiring mids wanna know! I should go that route myself, heaven knows it would certainly take up less space than what I'm doing now, keeping all my shoes in the boxes they came in! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the kind words all! It's appreciated :-) Vector: Most of my collection consists of anime (subbed, dubbed, straight Japanese, and from Japan TV w/commercials). Even though some of it I can't understand, I still love watching it. JeffB: That rack I got from a store I worked at for a little while, but unfortunately in one of my few moves, I lost the rack. I'm working on a better one though! Now to get to work on some wearing pics to post! SQ

Thanks for the kind words all! It's appreciated :-)

Vector: Most of my collection consists of anime (subbed, dubbed, straight Japanese, and from Japan TV w/commercials). Even though some of it I can't understand, I still love watching it.

JeffB: That rack I got from a store I worked at for a little while, but unfortunately in one of my few moves, I lost the rack. I'm working on a better one though!

Now to get to work on some wearing pics to post!

SQ

Ah ha! I thought I noticed an Evangelion poster! Walt Disney was right! It IS a small world after all because I'm an anime fan too! But all my stuff's on DVD's, takes up less space, and Lord knows I've got a lot of the stuff! Neat rack there, SQ!

:D

I've made some improvements to this collection since this was first took, but I just got my PhotoBucket account, so I wanted to show off a little bit.

So without further adieu.....here is my shoe rack:

Posted Image

I'll work on putting up a better one that has my boots as well as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

SQ

But where are your boots? Nothing?

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Ah ha! I thought I noticed an Evangelion poster! Walt Disney was right! It IS a small world after all because I'm an anime fan too! But all my stuff's on DVD's, takes up less space, and Lord knows I've got a lot of the stuff! Neat rack there, SQ!

Imagine that, so am I.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Kinda off-topic, but I am working on converting my video collection to DVD. Since a vast majority of the tapes were from LD's in Japan, there is no problem in the copying, so this way, I can keep the amount of stuff in my collection, but just not use up so much space. I'm gonna be working on getting some pics of my current collection as soon as possible.....still have some unpacked boxes in my room to clear out, and then I can set my "stage" to display the full collection. :-) Not to worry, as I do have a few pairs of boots around, including some 8868's. Shafted/JeffB: You guys are spot on there! I got the poster from an anime fan friend of mine here in town, and I do have all 26 eps on tape from my friend Mochi in Japanese (no dub *sigh*). I'm working on saving up enough to get the box set which has the 26 eps plus "Death & Rebirth" and "The End of Evangelion" (they say the last ones are a real trip to watch, and have some pretty ominous overtones in them - but most good anime does). More to come! Onward! SQ

Shafted/JeffB: You guys are spot on there! I got the poster from an anime fan friend of mine here in town, and I do have all 26 eps on tape from my friend Mochi in Japanese (no dub *sigh*). I'm working on saving up enough to get the box set which has the 26 eps plus "Death & Rebirth" and "The End of Evangelion" (they say the last ones are a real trip to watch, and have some pretty ominous overtones in them - but most good anime does).

More to come! Onward!

SQ

From the off-topic department: Yeah, I'll have to buy "Death & Rebirth" and "End of Evangelion" since the end of the TV series pissed me off royally because of how weird it was. Admittedly, I'm not much into mecha, the only series I have in that genre are Evangelion and Gundam Wing. My anime passions are shojo (Marmalade Boy), magical girls (Sailor Moon), fantasy (Fushigi Yugi), girls with guns (Dirty Pair) and pretty much anything from CLAMP (too many to mention). I'll PM you with a list of what's in my collection, perhaps a pic too!

P.S.

It'd be neat to see pics of your boots!

Danielle: I wear size 14 or 15 depending on the manufacturer since some run a bit smaller than the rest. JeffB: You're into Dirty Pair too? I've been a fan of their exploits for some time. I have the 3 movies, 5 tapes of OVA's from Japan, and LD, and a hardcover limited ed. tradeback (Yes, I ADORE Kei & Yuri....just not the way they're drawn in DP: Flash - ick). SQ

Danielle: I wear size 14 or 15 depending on the manufacturer since some run a bit smaller than the rest.

JeffB: You're into Dirty Pair too? I've been a fan of their exploits for some time. I have the 3 movies, 5 tapes of OVA's from Japan, and LD, and a hardcover limited ed. tradeback (Yes, I ADORE Kei & Yuri....just not the way they're drawn in DP: Flash - ick).

SQ

My women's size is 13 wide, but I can easily manage 14 medium which is what I find online and in auctions. I guess 13 is the highest women's shoes go in wide widths.

SQ: I just bought the ODP movies on DVD and the animation still holds up well, despite being 15 years old. Dirty Pair was one of the very first anime I ever invested in and is still a favorite. I agree that Dirty Pair Flash sucked like a truckful of Hoovers.

I agree that Dirty Pair Flash sucked like a truckful of Hoovers.

Now I remember why they say never drink soda while reading some message boards. You end up needing a squeegee and Windex afterwards! Thanks! I needed that. :rofl:

In another vein....anyone notice that Priss of the Knight Sabers (Bubblegum Crisis)....her armor has built-in ballet boots? I guess that's why their hardsuits have thruster packs.....to get around easier! :D

Now I remember why they say never drink soda while reading some message boards. You end up needing a squeegee and Windex afterwards! Thanks! I needed that. :rofl:

No problem! I aim to please!

In another vein....anyone notice that Priss of the Knight Sabers (Bubblegum Crisis)....her armor has built-in ballet boots? I guess that's why their hardsuits have thruster packs.....to get around easier! :D

The original version or Tokyo: 2040? I think all the Knight Sabers wear the same sort of footwear. Pretty cool nonetheless!

:wink:

Danielle..... Those straps actually were kinda holographic/prismatic, but very thin flimsy material. It had two straps across the foot, but I trimmed one off since it was getting crinkled way too easily. They went by the wayside when I went through to "thin out" the over-abused ones.

They would have been cute had the straps been made out of something that was actually workable, but these were so thin, and crinkled WAY too easily. They were made by Sunset Strip, and some of their sandals are awesome (like my 8" platform spike ones), but these were not the best things in the world. I think my favorite sandals in that pic are the super-high black ones on top (the 8"-ers) and the red, white, and blue ones 2nd row down. :-)

yeah I noticed those red white and blue ones. they'd make for a VERY fun ensemble for Independence Day, the Puerto Rican Pride parade up in NY, and pretty much anywhere else that red, white, blue, and a star come together.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

They would have been cute had the straps been made out of something that was actually workable, but these were so thin, and crinkled WAY too easily. They were made by Sunset Strip, and some of their sandals are awesome (like my 8" platform spike ones), but these were not the best things in the world. I think my favorite sandals in that pic are the super-high black ones on top (the 8"-ers) and the red, white, and blue ones 2nd row down. :-)

Eight inchers??? Yow! Too much for me! I'm getting vertigo just thinking about those things!

As for Bubblegum Crisis, I'm kinda partial to Tokyo: 2040 but the original is pretty damn cool too!

:wink:

Eight inchers??? Yow! Too much for me! I'm getting vertigo just thinking about those things!

When I was working in my last call center job (a much more liberal environment, I assure you), I wore those 8"-ers to work a few times. Didn't have to duck through many doors, fortunately :-)

Those were the days........