Observations at the Mall

JeffB

On Saturday, I was at the mall, garbed in a light navy jacket over a black polo shirt, my long jeans and Payless "Maya" ankle boots which I've discussed before. Just like on the previous occasions there, no one paid me a lick of attention, but hey, that's no big deal to me anymore. However, I spent a fair amount of time casually observing what the women were wearing, and I'd say that a good eighty to ninety percent of them were dressed like I was: long jeans (Stonewash, classic denim, black) and boots (low heels, high heels, broad heels, skinny heels, black, brown, tan, even red) of all kinds. I found it refreshing that with the changing of the season, those horrid Chinese slippers and flip-flops have been put put away in favor of a look I particularly enjoy. That made my trip to the mall all the more enjoyable! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

A temperate climate is sure a godsend where those awful flip-flops are concerned. As far as the way the women are dressing at the mall you were at, isn't it amusing that look, looks good on men as well as women?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

As far as the way the women are dressing at the mall you were at, isn't it amusing that look, looks good on men as well as women?

I would agree! Especially when it comes to tight jeans with sleek, unbaggy styling, topped off with a cunning pair of black heeled boots. Women were sporting that look everywhere. Made for lots of pleasant ogling! Not a lot of men were quite as stylish, and, as far as I know, I was the only guy there in heels! HA!

;)

be careful though.

the flip-flops and chinese slippers are gone... soon to be replaced by Uggs.

Oh God, No ;) Don't remind me. Those things are more of a turn off than flipflops.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh God, No ;) Don't remind me. Those things are more of a turn off than flipflops.

Well, I wasn't going to mention this, but I did see a few pairs of those things. Ugly as hell!

:x

The only excuse I can think of for anyone to wear Uggs is if they live in an igloo.

JeffB:-)

Shafted:-)

Would you believe that Mickey has a liking for the hairy, white, Ugg boots? I talked her out of them darn fast.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, thank goodness for that! Friends don't let friends commit a serious fashion faux pas!

;)

chinese slippers... are bad enough ;)

but ugg boots!.. Posted Image

Good thing you managed to steer Mickey in the right direction Dawn...but as for the rest of you...

y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for even thinking about such things. Posted Image

jim

Ggrrrrrrrr..!

UGG BOOTS....Posted Image

Hhhmmmmmm....... ;)

I have the answer !! Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

jim Posted Image

Nah, why blame the sheep. I blame those tasteless idiots that think they are some sort of fashion statment.

New observations from Friday and Saturday at two different malls. Lots of girls and women wearing long jeans and heels on Friday which I liked, but I also saw a few pairs of the dreaded Ugg boots, pink ones too. URGH! The weather on Saturday was unseasonably warm for November with temps in the upper 60's, so the even more dreaded flip-flops made a comeback. Double URGH! I guess those horrid things won't go away until there's snow on the ground! :x

Maybe we need to ask them if they live in an igloo, if not why are you wearing those?

Just got back from shopping in target. I saw SEVERAL women there in long jeans and those ugly chinese slippers.

There was one asian women though in 3" cowboy boots. That was about the highest heel I saw on anyone there.

Scotty

Well, this is just my opinion, but I seriously doubt you'll see much in the way of footwear fashion in places like Target.

;)

Well, this is just my opinion, but I seriously doubt you'll see much in the way of footwear fashion in places like Target.

;)

Well, excuse me. Sorry if my posts and where I went shopping 'bored' you. Not everyone got out to the mall recently. Had been sick all week and it was my first trip out to pick up some meds. I will keep my 'boring' shopping sprees to myself next time.

Scotty

I don't think JeffB was putting anyone down for shopping at Target. As a mass merchant Target takes a cautious appoach to fashion trends. Nonetheless, I have found some deals in shoes there. I also shop their web site frequently. Recently bought a nice pair of heels from there. They were listed on the site in advance of the arrival of the shipment. I had to wait a month for the shoes to arrive. Within a few weeks, the shoe was completely sold out. No longer listed on the web site and not in the stores. Seems like if you want to catch a good deal at Target you have to shop frequently. They appear to buy in small lots to test the waters. Maybe the "Dinah" heels I bought will come back after they can order more? Bluetango

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

You got that right, Micha. But Mickey would vehimently disagree with us all as she has a pair and says they are nice and warm. When she has them on with jeans, it looks like the feet of the Abominable Snowman from the waist down sticking out from under her jeans. They are long white fur from Victoria's Secret and she thinks they are cute and very feminine. (He whispers---don't tell her, but I still think they are UG-GL-L-L-Y!!! SH-H-H-H-H)!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I don't think JeffB was putting anyone down for shopping at Target. As a mass merchant Target takes a cautious appoach to fashion trends.

Nonetheless, I have found some deals in shoes there. I also shop their web site frequently. Recently bought a nice pair of heels from there. They were listed on the site in advance of the arrival of the shipment. I had to wait a month for the shoes to arrive. Within a few weeks, the shoe was completely sold out. No longer listed on the web site and not in the stores.

Seems like if you want to catch a good deal at Target you have to shop frequently. They appear to buy in small lots to test the waters. Maybe the "Dinah" heels I bought will come back after they can order more?

Bluetango

On the contrary Bluetango. I mentioned I happened to be shopping in Target, I wasn't shopping for shoes there. Matter of fact, they don't carry my size, 11. The comment was I wasn't going to see women wearing nice heels in Target. I wasn't commenting on seeing nice heels there, I was mentioning women wearing ugly chinese slippers with jeans in November. It just so happened I was in Target. As I said, it was my first time out this week because I have been sick with the flu.

Again, sorry I don't get out to "stylish" places and wear "boring" shoes. I guess not all of us can be "interesting".

Scotty

You got that right, Micha. But Mickey would vehimently disagree with us all as she has a pair and says they are nice and warm. When she has them on with jeans, it looks like the feet of the Abominable Snowman from the waist down sticking out from under her jeans. They are long white fur from Victoria's Secret and she thinks they are cute and very feminine. (He whispers---don't tell her, but I still think they are UG-GL-L-L-Y!!! SH-H-H-H-H)!!!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Dawn, you should better have written that I'm an intolerant idiot ;) Does Mickey never read here?

I accept even UGG's and headkerchiefs of turkish girls. I don't like both but how can I claim tolerance for me if I'm incapable to show tolerance myself?

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!