Observations at the Mall

JeffB

Micha:-) I would never refer or imply that anyone here is an intolerant idiot. That's not my style. If you go for that style of boot, you have my deepest blessing. If it appears that I have slighted you in some way, it was not intentional on my part. Please accept my humble apology. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I still like UGGs, but in the right environment. Sounds like Target is a target of opportunity ;) for introducing a little high heeled fashion among the customers. That ought to open a few eyes.

More observations from today's outing. There was a pleasant multitude of women in long, often snug jeans and heeled boots, predominantly in black, though I did see a couple of brown pairs here and there. Also saw a pair in black suede, and they looked pretty cool. On the flipside, I saw more than a few pairs of Ugg (as in "UGH!") boots, including a pair in light purple. In a word, YUCK!! Even worse, the temperature today was no better than 45 and yet, damned if I didn't see some emptyheaded girl wearing flip-flops!! Oy vey! Clearly, she didn't take her common sense pills before leaving her house this morning! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

or maybe she's one of those types who'll kick snow in her flip-flops. you have people that are truly faithful to them... don't know why, but hey!

I think that's probably an easy one: laziness. Can't be bothered to put their feet into anything they have to think about. Just easier to slide them on leave the house.

Oh well. The scary part is there is a market for Uggs and flip flops. I don't understand why but that's not the first thing nor the last thing I won't understand :-)

I think that's probably an easy one: laziness. Can't be bothered to put their feet into anything they have to think about. Just easier to slide them on leave the house.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that was the reason. Me? I just can't see wearing those dopey things when it's really cold out. Though I'm sure some hopeless ditz will do just that!

Just got back from church. Wore my wedge boots. I saw a few women in nice heels, most were either in 2" or lower though with alot in tennis shoes. One woman came in wearing ragged jeans with flip flops.

I did see one lady there with VERY nice wedge pumps. Almost like these except they were all black.

Posted Image

Scotty

I did see one lady there with VERY nice wedge pumps. Almost like these except they were all black.

Posted Image

Scotty

Most interesting. You don't see much in the way of wedges these days. I guess that style is too 70's to be of interest.

Jeff,

Was thinking of you. I think they would look great on you if you could find them in your size. Give you something different to wear.

Scotty

I'll admit it is an interesting style. Definite retro chic to say the very least. And yeah, it would certainly be different!

:D

Just got back from church. Wore my wedge boots. I saw a few women in nice heels, most were either in 2" or lower though with alot in tennis shoes. One woman came in wearing ragged jeans with flip flops.

Posted Image

Scotty

Those are cute. I like those! :D

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Sscotty727:-) Good luck in finding a pair of wedge pumps in your size. Let us know when you do. Heel-D:-) A very nice looking pair of Mary-Jane wedge pumps. I like them in black. Have you street-heeled in them yet? Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday was less than an enjoyable day spent observing women and their footwear at the mall. It was practically all Ugg all of the time. Must've seen three dozen pairs during my outing, including a pair in what I call "Laker purple" in that they were the same shade as the road uniforms of the L.A. Lakers. UGH! Also saw them in black, tan, white, brown and petal pink. The bloody things were all over the place! Double UGH! And, on top of that, there's still emptyheaded girls roaming around in flip-flops, and it was no better than 35 that day! Unbelievable! :x

Saturday was less than an enjoyable day spent observing women and their footwear at the mall. It was practically all Ugg all of the time. Must've seen three dozen pairs during my outing, including a pair in what I call "Laker purple" in that they were the same shade as the road uniforms of the L.A. Lakers. UGH! Also saw them in black, tan, white, brown and petal pink. The bloody things were all over the place! Double UGH! And, on top of that, there's still emptyheaded girls roaming around in flip-flops, and it was no better than 35 that day! Unbelievable!

:x

The other day it was 24°F here and I still saw girls wearing flipflops.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB:-) Shafted:-) I can understand exactly where you two are coming from. I made a remark to Mickey the other day after still seeing flipflops and open-toed sandals dispite the fact it has been very cold with low wind chills here where we live. These girls have got to be "nuts", either that or they don't care what happens to their extremities. Cheers--- Dawn HH

The news tonight said it was snowing in D.C., so you will probably see even more Uggs around.

Well, thanks plenty for cheering me up, dude! Think I'll go back to bed.

:D

Working a gazillion hours due to the holiday shopping I haven't had the chance to see what has been going on here, so please excuse the tardiness of this post. Going back to the ugliest fashion of them all ... ugg boots! I got a company memo to put them in the front of the store and high light them. I did as requested and sold none of them. I have sold out twice now the skecher leather boot with the 4 inch heel. As Jeff said its nice to see. Heel-D I love those wedge heels where did you get them.

One of the benefits of working for a very large company is alot of women here wear heels during the workday. I normally bring my lunch, but I should start making an excuse to go to the cafeteria during lunch because when I do go down there, I am graced with alot of very nice heels and boots. Scotty

Thanks for the comments on my MJs. Great aren't they. :D

Heel-D I love those wedge heels where did you get them.

They're from New Look in the UK. They're made from "Other Materials". They're comfortable to walk in but as New Look shoes are generously sized they are a little big for me thus my heel slips out of the back of the shoe. I need to wear insoles and pads for my heels. The pads you can just about make out in the picture are rubbish and I need to look for another set of pads and better insoles as I really want to wear these out a bit. A size down would probably be too small for me.

BTW - I have street heeled in them but I couldn't stop my heel from slipping so the adventure didn't last long unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be able to sort this out.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005