You are always on my mind...

DeSalto

Do you guys remember any pair of heels that are long gone, or are just part of your past, but still today you have vivid memories of them and miss them too? I can remember a pair or red patent leather strappy sandals, 5" stilettos, that belonged to an older cousin of mine. She had worn them to my grandparents party to celebrate their 50 years of marriage. Soon after that party, I was spending vacations with my grandparents, and she lived with them, but that part of the year she was on traveling, so I stayed in her bedroom. She owned a small but interesting collection of heels - For my luck, she and I wore the same shoe size. I can remember locking the bedroom door at night, just after my grandparents went to sleep, and trying all of their heels. I had my preference, of course: that pair of red ankle strap sandals. The vacations ended together with my heeling on those delicious pair of sandals. Soon after that vacations, my cousin returned to their parents home and all that remained from that sandals were my memories wearing them... By the way, the avatar pic are not fom those sandals, they are just one pair of my collection. DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Yes indeed. About twelve or thirteen years ago I bought a pair of black leather knee high boots with four inch stiletto heels. They were a slightly wider calf fitting than usual, so fitted very nicely. I loved those boots, but ended up giving them to my then girlfriend. I've regretted it ever since, especially as I've struggled to find another pair that will zip up over my calf. Chris

Funny you mentioned that subject. I was just thinking the other day about the first pair of heels I actually bought in a shoe store a long time ago. They were having a sidewalk sale and there was a pair of size 10 red leather stiletto pumps (not patent, kidskin) with the instep on the inside of the shoe "cut out" (I have no idea what the real description might be but you get the idea). They were made in Spain and the guy working there gave me an odd look, said to be sure about the size because there were no exchanges or refunds. I just wanted to get them home. After years of wearing occasionally around the house and expanding my collection they somehow ended up in my wifes closet and she eventually threw them out. The last time I remember wearing them was a Valentines Day and she bought me white stockings from VS and a red garter belt. What a lucky guy. I did just get a pair of XOXO Pumps from Overstock.com that are pink leather and they may take the place of those old red ones. I couldn't post a link but its product #149303 if you do a search of that website. Only $15.99 and highly recommended. If you're between sizes go a half size smaller as I think mine might be a tad big when broken in but I'm loving 'em. Wineanddine

ah yes... it was ages ago but i remember my sister's white platforms finding their way to just inside my bedroom, right by the door... how? well i never did ask but they left a lasting impression on me. they had thick chunky heels and platform, thick white ankle straps and vamp and fit my then size 5 feet perfectly! she wore size 7. i remember wearing those when the house was empty and thinking they looked really great on my feet. i was just a young kid at the time, before my teen years.

I just can't forget the first time I weared a pair of sandals in my feet size.

They were bought in Brazil at www.s-shop.com.br (yes they ship internationally) because they have large sizes.

I was home alone and take some time walking over the house and I couldn't believe that those sandals were fitting so well!!! O what a feeling!

Heels for all!

Flavio.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I very fondly remember that (almost) perfect pair of Oxford's I found on sale in 1993. When saw them on the shelf I fell immediately in love with them. Being a warm summer day I had no socks on so I went into a drugstore to buy a pair of nylon socks so I had some for fitting these shoes. They fit so perfect I kept them on after paying and continued my shopping. On the evening I had blisters on my footsoles so the following days I wore the other (flat) shows again until they healed up. I bought some inserts and then the Oxford's were really perferct. I wore them for about five years, the first of them all the time but after about the third repair they started to fall apart. I still have them somewhere, but the inside sole is completely worn out and the lashes are half ripped out and the material at the seams is so stressed that the shoes won't hold my feet anymore if I put them on. They're black leather, with half round toes, a height of 7-8cm and a really comfy heel which while not being stilettoed or thin is still slender.

My favorite pair of pumps were turquoise patents with a pointed toe box and a 4" heel with a metal tip on them. God were they noisy, but at the time there were a lot of woman's heels with metal tips. Those tips wore like iron and I never had to replace them. Those heels fit so well and looked so good on my feet that I wore them frequently until they finally fell off of my feet, but still had the original metal heel tips on them. I had a turquoise dress, a turquoise skirt, a pair of turquoise stirrup pants, and a white long sleeved blouse with turquoise piping around it that I wore with those shoes and the colors of the various pieces perfectly matched the color of those shoes. Those were some outfits and shoes that I will never forget. I really looked good in them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 weeks later...

<-------- those already gave this story in the Good Responses From Women thread - in short, gave them to a friend of mine, she left for college a month later, didn't have room to pack em, her folks were gonna send em, Katrina hit, shoes gone, house gone.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

The only pair are white leather pumps that I (wrongly!) threw into the dumpster after Halloween, 1987. They were the best fitting pair of 4" heels I ever had! I wore them incessantly during the two weeks after Halloween, a period of time which I first began to question my interested in heel wear.

I had a pair of 9&Co lace up brown Oxfords with a 4" chunky heel that I regret giving to Goodwill. If I remember correctly thru the years, the sales lady offered me a pair of Peds so I could try them on when I went to purchase them. Unfortunately I didn't take her up on her offer. Then I went thru a period of feeling guilty about my desire to wear heels and gave them away. Maybe some day I will luck out and find them on Ebay

There is one other pair of shoes I miss.

Posted Image

I miss those wedges so much! I remember my first time going out in women's shoes was in those. I only got 2 reactions total, and it was just a couple of girls looking down after hearing the nice "slap-slap" sound they made. They made a really nice sound... they were at my house back home, which wasn't too badly damaged, so maybe there's a chance that they're still there. But I do miss em...

Danielle, Are you planning on going back down at any time to see what can be salvaged?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yeah, I'm going back for Christmas, per plans of my family. Everyone's gonna come down and if I remember correctly, we're supposed to have supper at a longtime family friend's house that was unaffected. At some point I'm going to branch out on my own to see what's home and what I can potentially save. I wanted to go back while I was in Georgia and had my car (I sold it for startup money out here, a move I'm vastly proud of now), but I couldn't make it back because they re-opened the city a bit too late for me to plan it all out.

thanks, Shafted. Over time I've found that the outpouring of support has kept the wheels turning here. Of course, HUGE exception goes to the university system (which isn't providing ANY MORE tuition assistance past the fall term, regardless of where you were and what you were doing immediately following storm evacuations). Everywhere I've gone so far has told me the same thing... "We aren't giving out anymore aid." I think it's foolish, but it has nothing to do with my love for high heels, so I'll end that tangent here.