Happened today

flavio

7 A.M. What a beautiful day out there! The sun is shynning, birds are singing and people walks wondering about theyr own lifes. I take sometime to get out of the window and prepare myself a good brazillian coffee to get everything completely started. After shaving and brushing teeth I start to think about todays outfit. Open the wardrobe and choose a nice baby blue shirt. But it's a bit cold outside and a light soft leather jacket is ok for this spring morning then I can take it off later if necessary. Black plissed pants will be ok with the hole set. I'm looking beautiful, classy and not too much sexy at all. And them comes the best part and I look to my shoe holder in the wall. I need a high heel with some confort for the routine day walking and choose the ankle boots with pencil 4 inch heels and pointy toe boxes. I love pointed toed shoes as they trully don't hurt my feet in the up part of the fingers. Wearing the boots finishing this outfit is great specially when zipping them up. What a feeling! The first steps at the morning are aways interesting as the feet are getting corretly in to the snugfit of these wonderfully well custom made boots. A look at the mirror shows that my pants covers the boot correctly, displaying just a part of the ankle so the heels appears and it's wonderful. 7:45 When getting out of my building I could feel the fresh air breeze in the face and the warm sun encourages to have a great day! People in the neighbourhood wishes good mornings to each other. Walking in the pavement and the clicking sound of the boots introduces new feelings against the sounds of the nature and the city as well. Girls and boys displaying pants, skirts, shoes, tatoos, rings, etc... as they want to be! Every tribe in it's own concept. What a wonderful world it is... And the day continues... everybody respect each other choice... no rights where taken... no race distiguishing... (...) "Good morning, it's 7 o'clock..." says my clock radio and I wake up for another boring work day with a lot of fools. I take the first shirt with the same pants as yesterday. Put a pair of black ruber soles "male" shoes again. Give a kiss in my wife and run to don't be late to prepare the coffee in the office. Dreams are nice and makes us feel good however it would be better if they come true.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Dreams can only come true if you stop procrastinating and make them come true. Just put on your high-heels and wear them all day. It is not illegal. JeffB and Boot Boy have done this successfully. Just make up your mind that tomorrow you will put on you heels and go about your normal business.

7 A.M.

What a beautiful day out there! The sun is shynning, birds are singing and people walks wondering about theyr own lifes. I take sometime to get out of the window and prepare myself a good brazillian coffee to get everything completely started.

After shaving and brushing teeth I start to think about todays outfit. Open the wardrobe and choose a nice baby blue shirt. But it's a bit cold outside and a light soft leather jacket is ok for this spring morning then I can take it off later if necessary. Black plissed pants will be ok with the hole set. I'm looking beautiful, classy and not too much sexy at all.

And them comes the best part and I look to my shoe holder in the wall. I need a high heel with some confort for the routine day walking and choose the ankle boots with pencil 4 inch heels and pointy toe boxes. I love pointed toed shoes as they trully don't hurt my feet in the up part of the fingers.

Wearing the boots finishing this outfit is great specially when zipping them up. What a feeling! The first steps at the morning are aways interesting as the feet are getting corretly in to the snugfit of these wonderfully well custom made boots. A look at the mirror shows that my pants covers the boot correctly, displaying just a part of the ankle so the heels appears and it's wonderful.

7:45

When getting out of my building I could feel the fresh air breeze in the face and the warm sun encourages to have a great day! People in the neighbourhood wishes good mornings to each other. Walking in the pavement and the clicking sound of the boots introduces new feelings against the sounds of the nature and the city as well. Girls and boys displaying pants, skirts, shoes, tatoos, rings, etc... as they want to be! Every tribe in it's own concept. What a wonderful world it is...

And the day continues...

everybody respect each other choice...

no rights where taken...

no race distiguishing...

(...)

"Good morning, it's 7 o'clock..." says my clock radio and I wake up for another boring work day with a lot of fools.

I take the first shirt with the same pants as yesterday. Put a pair of black ruber soles "male" shoes again. Give a kiss in my wife and run to don't be late to prepare the coffee in the office.

Dreams are nice and makes us feel good however it would be better if they come true.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Not so easy Jamie001, I wish I was thinking as you said.

Maybe you should check the topic http://hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=5162 and you'll see why not everybody does what JeffB and BootBoy do. They are lucky I agree. But that is not for everyone to avoid problems in the job, life and carrer.

Heels for all!

Flavio.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I would agree with flavio that not everyone here can do what I've done and do on a daily basis. Hell, I'll readily admit I've been damn lucky to get away with wearing heels at the place where I work, not only have I been accepted, co-workers actually expect to see me in heels, some have even said I'd actually look weird in men's shoes, that's how acclimated people have become to me and the shoes I choose to wear. But that's just my situation, there's no guarantee everyone will enjoy this sort of freedom. But that doesn't mean you can't wear heels away from work or the home, that way, you can still enjoy the same sort of thrill, even if but for a short period of time. Dreams are nice, but rarely get you anywhere. Positive action you take does.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The only way anyone can find out if wearing heels at work is acceptable is to just do it. Your employer will let you know if it's unacceptable. It's that simple. That's what I did.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted:-) It all depends on the type of work you do and the circumstances that you do it under. Wearing heels where I work is not possible under any circumstances. You would be fired on the spot if you did. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Why would you be fired on the spot? Do women wear high heels at your workplace? If so, then it is sexual discrimination for them to fire you for wearing heels.

Why are you so sure that they would fire you?

Shafted:-)

It all depends on the type of work you do and the circumstances that you do it under. Wearing heels where I work is not possible under any circumstances. You would be fired on the spot if you did.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Oiler completely crossdressed as a woman and acted like a woman. Wearing heels as a man is different. It is the same as wearing earrings which are also considered feminine.

Not so easy Jamie001, I wish I was thinking as you said.

Maybe you should check the topic http://hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=5162 and you'll see why not everybody does what JeffB and BootBoy do. They are lucky I agree. But that is not for everyone to avoid problems in the job, life and carrer.

Heels for all!

Flavio.

Dawn, I see what you mean. In my case wearing heels is not against company policy, but is discouraged, therefor you cannot legally be fired for it. So one does not know until one trys.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't blame you one bit, Dawn. I guess I'm fortunate that I work for a company that at least is forward enough to let me know if heels are a problem.

Whether or not someone can legally be fired for wearing certain choices of fashion depends on two factors. First, the law itself, which varies from city to city, county to county, state to state, and country to country. Second, the contractual obligations entered on the part of the employee and employer. When uniforms are specified in the job application, it gives the company a lot of power with respect to determining one's manner of dress, and a great many jobs require uniforms. Few people have jobs where they can dress pretty much as they please. Even those who're self-employed have to consider how their bottom line will change if they begin dressing in a manner that's not acceptable to most of their clientelle.

Shafted:-)

It all depends on the type of work you do and the circumstances that you do it under. Wearing heels where I work is not possible under any circumstances. You would be fired on the spot if you did.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hey Dawn! That would be an interesting issue for sure, to see guy in heels get fired for wearing heels at work. Such behavior might be legally classified as a Gender Identity issue and in the cities of New Hope, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and York as well as Erie County--where discrimination based on both sexual orientation and gender identity is legally prohibited.

In Dobre v. National Railroad Passenger Corp., 850 F. Supp. 284 (E.D. Pa 1993) a Penn federal district court specifically refused to consider discrimination based on transexual status and sexual orientation as prohibited activity pursuant to Pennsylvania Human Relations Act 43 Pa. Stat 955. Considering that explicit gender expression prohibition statutes are relatively few, sometimes we have to turn to the broader arguments posed within transgendered court cases to uncover persuasive argumentation that we could ever use.

Though if someone's negative reaction snowballed to include hate crimes for a man in heels, Title 18 of The Penn. Consolidated Statutes (Hate Crimes Statute) provides penalties for crimes based on gender and gender identity.

§ 2710. Ethnic intimidation.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits the offense of ethnic

intimidation if, with malicious intention toward the [actual or

perceived] race, color, religion[,] or national origin[,

ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation,

gender or gender identity of another individual or group of

individuals, he commits an offense under any other provision of

this article or under Chapter 33

Oiler completely crossdressed as a woman and acted like a woman. Wearing heels as a man is different. It is the same as wearing earrings which are also considered feminine.

Don't forget that Oiler always crossdressed while off company time, never on company time. And when he was on company time, he always adhered to company dress codes. Like sexual orientation harassment, Congress did not specifically include sexual harassment as a cognizable Title VII Civil Rights act of 1964 claim. And so, somehow the law through which Oiler sought relief was not enforced--even though the term "sex," at least as used in Title VII, can connote "gender," and therefore "gender expression/identity"(the legal terms that men in heels classify under). Oiler didn't appeal either.

I would agree with flavio that not everyone here can do what I've done and do on a daily basis. Hell, I'll readily admit I've been damn lucky to get away with wearing heels at the place where I work, not only have I been accepted, co-workers actually expect to see me in heels, some have even said I'd actually look weird in men's shoes, that's how acclimated people have become to me and the shoes I choose to wear. But that's just my situation, there's no guarantee everyone will enjoy this sort of freedom. But that doesn't mean you can't wear heels away from work or the home, that way, you can still enjoy the same sort of thrill, even if but for a short period of time. Dreams are nice, but rarely get you anywhere. Positive action you take does.

Kudos to your personal accomplishments as well as Philadelphia's Fair Practices Ordinance. While it may not provide a private right of action, at least you could enforce any problems through the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations. wherein discrimination based on gender identity -- which is the broader umbrella under which a man in heels could be covered -- is illegal.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.