If you were going to design and make your own footwear...

DesertHeeler

A boot which fits perfectly on the instep and the vamp with a little room round the toes. Around the ankle bone with zip, about 4.5 inch heel and an arch that matched mine. Black Leather that was soft but didn't stretch with soft kidskin lining and padding all along the sole. Such a boot would be heaven to wear. I have several that match in some departments, but no one that fits every criterion.

OK...time for me to flex my overactive imagination. We'll start with a pair of knee-high boots with straps across the front with buckles, 4.5" sculpted chunk heel with 1.5" base in the front, but inside the base and the heel, you have hydraulic pistons, and there is a sensor that is attuned to your brainwaves. This will come in handy if you see people giving you a bad time, or if someone is coming up to you in a threatening way. Then you just stomp on the ground, and the resulting force of the concussion wave that emanates from your boots striking the ground knocks him flat on his bum! Imagine what would happen if you actually JUMPED up and down! Force 10 shockwave in the city!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-05-08 22:51, Firefox wrote:

A boot which fits perfectly on the instep and the vamp with a little room round the toes. Around the ankle bone with zip, about 4.5 inch heel and an arch that matched mine. Black Leather that was soft but didn't stretch with soft kidskin lining and padding all along the sole. Such a boot would be heaven to wear. I have several that match in some departments, but no one that fits every criterion.

Make it with narrow chunky heels and a 3/4" platform, in dark red or kelly green suede (with suede covering the heels and platforms), just under the knee in height, cut to fit my calves exactly without the disgusting stretch panels or grooves.

Hi-Heels and Back-Zipper Pants Forever...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-08 23:12 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I would certainly have a sexy stiletto, but imagine if the heel were a shock absorbing piston inside. And the sole should be layered to allow enegry to be dispersed while walking. Much like a trainer, but thinner layers. I think a vamp strap would be nice, and certainly a sling back would be delightful. I think the bottom of the shoe should have some grip to it, like a tread. If the shoe can disperse the enegry to protect the foot and hold the ground better, then it would be perfect for all day walking. Of course, leather is needed, and a pointier toe that is a bit long for toe room, but not so long that it gets in the way. And a slight up curve to the toe, for more of a roll when walking.

Well, I'll keep things simple here: A leather pump (bet you're surprised, eh?) with a four inch, steel reinforced blade heel in 13 double wide with a slightly boxed toe. And I'll want it in other colors like navy, brown, gray and black patent!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Remember Cinderella and her glass shoes ? Instead of glass, probably something that is plastic like material would be ideal. The entire shoe would be clear, even the heel and the sole. The design be in the form of pumps. 5" stileto heels.

Cheers,

Nata

Stiletto ankle-boot with the long pointed toe as found on fashionable women's shoes/boots. 5" heel, preferably in black w/inside zip with ring pull. A studded boot-strap and wrap around ties at the ankle would complete the look, to be worn with wide-leg trousers.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

I'd like a pair of ankle boots with removable heels/soles to suite my mood for the day. The boot would have to have a shank adjust knob (like the tension adjustments found on modern ski boots) for different heel heights. Changing heels/soles would have to be easy to accomplish. (within 5 minutes or less) I'm thinking that these boots could be called "Mr. Potato Head's Boots" :smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 1 month later...

Arno, BTW, the sticky stuff doesn't hold for any reasonable length of time, and ends up looking like sh**. I've tried it--you have to be handy with a free-arm sewing machine, or take it to a GOOD shoe repair shop to make it look good and be functional.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Well I'm lucky and actually had the opportunity to make my (then) dream boots. These are pull-on thigh boots coming up to mid thigh with beige soles and a bubble toe-box and 4" cuban style riding heel in similar style to highwaymen's boots. However, things have moved on and now I want a pair of tightly fitting pull-on knee boots that actually come up to the knee and not the upper calf like most "knee" boots. They would be in burgandy, red or black (though a pair in navy would be welcome too) and they would have 5" concave stiletto heels, though given current fashion I would settle for a cigarette or pillar heel.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Various tall, soft boots with a western styled foot. Either zip up or pull on. Perfect example of what I want is the Torito Barbados Quersia boot from Sendra. Like this one:

http://www.sendra-store.de/index.html?sendra_damen_4.htm

Or the Frye Elizabeth Criss Cross boot like this one with the criss crossed straps.

http://www.shopscarpe.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=7200&pfid=SCP00707

All I'm really looking for is more taller boots for men, some zippered and some pull on, and maybe with a buckle or something at the ankle. Nothing special. But they're hard to find.

Which leads me to the question: if I convinced a few manufacturers to make them more available, would you be "on board" to buy them? They're not cheap, but the only way that manufacturers will make them is if we buy them.

If I were making a pair for myself, they would be boots with a distressed "leopard" print leather, suede like.. 16" tall but narrow shaft, with cowboy heels just a tad over 4" high... They'd be something very similar to A pair of Old Gringo "Garza" boots, just a slightly higher heel...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

For me, it would be a black patent lace-up knee high boot with a five inch stiletto heel. The laces will go through eyelets rather than around hooks. The eyelets will be close together, resulting in a fine maze of laces. And no zipper on the inside, because in my opinion that ruins the whole idea of the lacing. Like Dr. Shoe: knee high is meant to be knee high, not mid-calf. The front side should be a little higher than the back side. The back side will be as high as it allows for easy bending of the leg. The fit should be tight throughout the shaft of the boot. Very importantly that means that is has to be a snug fit around the ankle. And, very importantly, the nose would be round. No pointed nose for me! Actually, the boot would have a 50's vintage style. All in all...not exactly the revolutionary kind of design.

The product line I prefer to make for myself is the style of footwear you can see in my avatar. There would be a range of stilt heights from flats to the maximum comfort zone of my heel height. The stilts lower than 2.5" would be tapered so that there is adequate support to whole heel (not just the back of the foot or part of the heel). The stilts higher than 2.5" would be stilettos appropriately designed so that the same support constructively and visually for the heel will be achieved as the lower stilts have been designed. Platforms will have to stay under a half inch thick and hiddened. The only sewn seams will be those necessary for the basic construction of the footwear. The toe box, whether it is pointed, almonded, or rounded will be shaped by molding the material rather than cutting the material and then sewing it into the shape needed. There would be a range of colors, materials, and textures for the uppers and stilt coverings.

I would design high heeled pumps with five inch stiletto heels, but they would be size 12's and they would be all dffernt colors in suade. I love suade high heels, but can't find them in size 12's.