novelty /unusual heels

taliheels

i really like the novelty /unusual heels featuring platforms with flashing lights or goldfish in the platform- possibly an ultimate fantasy

http://www.funkyboutique.com/imfunshoes.html

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:3YX_G09Ajn8J:www.frankelcostume.com/pages/costume_accessories/footwear/high_heels/+goldfish+high+heels&hl=en&client=firefox-a

anyone else like these or own some?

First, the prices at Frankel's costume are way too high, and the size range too small. But, for the shoes--- I have a pair of light-up clear platform slides. They are neat, but you really can't see them yourself. Mine don't seem to have an easy way to change the batteries, presuming it's possible. I haven't worn them but a time or two. They certainly would draw attention at night :wink: The fish and duckies - this site says they are liquid filled, but other sites say they are just cutouts in the clear shoe unit. Not having seen them in person, which is correct? The PL model numbers are the same in both cases. Has anyone actually seen them?

Liquid filled would be easy enough to do, blue dyed water on the bottom, some kind of clear oil on the top and fish that sink in the oil and float on the water. On the other hand, cutouts in solid plastic would be easier.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

With the light-up platforms, I've heard that you can carefully peel the padding at the back, and the battery cover is below that. Once you change it, use some adhesive to glue it back down and you're set once again to blink and click your way again!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

At the risk of sounding stuffy, but I'm a strict traditionalist when it comes to shoes. Give me a plain, unadorned pump anyday! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm with Jeff. I don't really like platforms -- in any shape or form, either. My favorite heel style are pumps, also. So now, why does that sound "stuffy"? Just because Jeff isn't being politically correct and gushing over someone elses taste isn't stuffy. It's being honest and the whole world can use more of that.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

novelty shoes like that are gimmicks they should stick to using on kids shoes, but if u like them that is kool. later nhoj62