Parents reactions ( true stories )...

joenj

My parents are divorced. I have recently moved. Dad saw my 2" foam-platform sandals, and made a remark about them ( my women's Blue Surf , size 10 ) . I said they were comfortable. He chuckled once, and shook his head, and said, "OK". I have some women's size 9 shorts ( short-shorts) too; I wear with XL T-shirts and my Blue Surf sandals. Mmmmm. Nice. ( He is 68 yrs. old. I am 42. ) .

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

My parents don't know, but in a small town I doubt it will stay that way. After all people talk. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Obviously, I'm not too worried abouit it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Canadianbeaver17:-) Obviously your Mom is at ease with you wearing heels and she takes note of your choices, hence she borrows your shoes to spice up her wardrobe. That's great and you evidently have got an open road with a Mom like that. It sounds like all restrictions are off and you are sitting in the cat-bird seat. Cudos! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My mom's slowly tolerating it. Still makes the odd, very un-necessary comment here and there about it, but she does that across the board so I'm pretty used to it.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I started when I was like 14. Mom busted me a few times and threw away a bunch of my shoes yelled at me etc... etc... etc.... My dad really really didn't like it at first and called me all kinds of names when he busted me. Well my mom ended up passing away a few years back and I had stoped then I decided to start ordering shoes of the net so my dad wouldn't bother asking whats with all the packages I just came right out and told him I was going to start wearing pumps and I thought he was going to call me a fag, punk, and a bunch of other stuff like he did at one point, but to my surprise he was like are you sure? I was like I think so, and he just told me to talk it over with my doctor. My doctor seem to think it was the coolest thing and told me to assure my dad that thier was nothing really wrong with my behavior. (Other then the whole I'm sad as hell shit.)

It's all good. ~Arron.

Well my mom ended up passing away a few years back and I had stoped then I decided to start ordering shoes of the net so my dad wouldn't bother asking whats with all the packages I just came right out and told him I was going to start wearing pumps

Interesting, same for me. After loosing my last parent, i started to do things i always wanted, but never had the guts to do. Maybe the 'you live only once' feeling contributes when your parents die.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

There is no question that my parents didn't know that I loved to wear "girls" shoes. I have been wearing/playing with my mothers shoes as far back as I can remember. As far back to when I was 3 years old, or even before, I used to put on a pair of her heels and "clomp" around the house for hours. While I don't remember my mother actually encouraging this play, I also don't remember her doing anything to discourage it. I used to wear my older sister's shoes, as well as my mother's shoes, openly around the house up until I was around 7 when my mother explained that I was really becoming to old to do that any longer. While I stopped wearing them openly around her, I didn't stop wearing them when alone. I remember one particular pair of especially beautiful slingback pumps she had that were my favorites. I used to go into her closet and take them into my room and wear them while I was doing my school homework or reading. One day, she came to the door while I was wearing them to call me to come and eat supper. I put her heels in my closet and went downstairs to eat. I didn't have an opportunity to return the shoes to her closet before bed time so I had to keep them with me until I could find the right moment to put them back. However, after a couple of days, with no "negative feedback" from my mother, I decided that I would just "appropriate" them for my own use. Things went well for a couple of weeks. And then one day I came home from school and found that my mother had gone out for the afternoon and "my" heels weren't in my closet. I discovered she had taken them from my closet to wear that afternoon. Imagining all kinds of dire repercussions from her having to retrieve her shoes from my closet, I awaited her return with much trepridation. I was in my room (not really trying to hide -- just staying out of the line of fire) when she returned. She came up to see if I was home and ask me to gok to the grocery store to get some things she needed for supper. I looked at the way she was dressed in a nice afternoon frock and my wearing my slingback pumps. (She really was a beautiful woman.) I went to the store, picked up the things on the list and walked home. When I got home, she had changed her clothes and was in the kitchen preparing supper. After I put away the grocries I went back upstairs to resume my staying out of sight and I found that she had put "my" heels back into the closet where I had been keeping them. She never did mentioned that she had gotten them from my closet. After this happened couple of more times, I realized that the shoes were mine, she was just "borrowing" them and wasn't going to say anything about my taking them. It wasn't very long after this that my feet grew too big and I could no longer wear her shoes. To overcome this, I had to buy my own heels (which I am sure she also knew about), which is another story.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wonderful story Bubba! That was really great of your mother, to let you indulge in heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yeah. I still don't wear them around the house too much though. That was part of the "Deal" with my dad accepting it.

Asdf174:-)

Looks like you are in the clear with both your Dad and your Doctor.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

It's all good. ~Arron.

Interesting, same for me. After loosing my last parent, i started to do things i always wanted, but never had the guts to do. Maybe the 'you live only once' feeling contributes when your parents die.

Yeah maybe. I don't know why It just felt easier dealing with the topic with my father then it was with my mother.

It's all good. ~Arron.

My folks found out early on, like when I was around 9. At the time, they were concerned, but got over it, especially since I didn't keep wearing them then, out of shame. They found out a couple years ago, though, that I'd worn heels off and on, and again they seemed a bit concerned, but they got over it again, and know that I still wear heels out, and sometimes with skirts around the home. But I'm more of an LL Beaner with respect to style, than someone who buys from Macys. I'll take a long, dark jeans skirt and rustic heeled clogs any day, particularly if I'm out for a walk through the woods.

Good for you Dr1819. Nothing like knowing what you like and pressing forward, balls to the wall, walking through the woods where no one can see you. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba - I found your words concerning your mother and her heels to be wonderfully touching. I believe my mother is as open as yours. She really hasn't been very phased by things in recent years. Dad's another story, but he copes pretty well. As long as all of us are honest with one another, things progress pretty much as they should. Take care...

I started when I was like 14. Mom busted me a few times and threw away a bunch of my shoes yelled at me etc... etc... etc.... My dad really really didn't like it at first and called me all kinds of names when he busted me. Well my mom ended up passing away a few years back and I had stoped then I decided to start ordering shoes of the net so my dad wouldn't bother asking whats with all the packages I just came right out and told him I was going to start wearing pumps and I thought he was going to call me a fag, punk, and a bunch of other stuff like he did at one point, but to my surprise he was like are you sure? I was like I think so, and he just told me to talk it over with my doctor. My doctor seem to think it was the coolest thing and told me to assure my dad that thier was nothing really wrong with my behavior. (Other then the whole I'm sad as hell shit.)

Be glad that you have met a rationally thinking and even helpful doctor! You don't really need any doctor but some psychologists need obviously a psychotherapy :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a very good hh experience two weeks ago when I revealed my secret to my mom.I told her the truth straight from age 8.She was pleasantly supprised ,to her it was so cool.When she saw me walking in 4 inch slides she said U do that better than the girls.So heeling to mom a definate green light.I even told her my favorite was 4 inch pumps.She knows I'm female from the ackles down.I also am a single father so I asked her about a bad influance on my son.She said no way ,but be conservitive to not wear my pumps to a ball game or pta meeting because children can be mean.So I went to shoe dept and bought a pair of 3 inch wedges to warm people around me to my wearing heels so far not one negitive comment.But two more positive ones my roommate liked my new shoes also and tryed them on and told me these are comfortable,but he still can't see how I wear my pumps He said I must have big balls.Then again at the local dragstrip I was asked by a guy also watching the race, are those comfortable so he too tryed them on and said the samething.I have hh at the mall lows wallmart and even got a hair cot wearing my wedges.Thanks to the forum for helping me build my new found confindince.Now getting dads OK is in my crosshairs.

When I told Mum about my X-dressing she was more disappointed than upset but now accepts it as part of my character and even points out interesting articles and TV programs that might be of interest. I have since stopped X-dressing so much and just wear the heels and she seems happy with that as the lesser of two evils. I don't see her so so I guess what she doesn't see doesn't hurt her.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I had a very good hh experience two weeks ago when I revealed my secret to my mom.I told her the truth straight from age 8.She was pleasantly supprised ,to her it was so cool.When she saw me walking in 4 inch slides she said U do that better than the girls.So heeling to mom a definate green light.I even told her my favorite was 4 inch pumps.She knows I'm female from the ackles down.I also am a single father so I asked her about a bad influance on my son.She said no way ,but be conservitive to not wear my pumps to a ball game or pta meeting because children can be mean.So I went to shoe dept and bought a pair of 3 inch wedges to warm people around me to my wearing heels so far not one negitive comment.But two more positive ones my roommate liked my new shoes also and tryed them on and told me these are comfortable,but he still can't see how I wear my pumps He said I must have big balls.Then again at the local dragstrip I was asked by a guy also watching the race, are those comfortable so he too tryed them on and said the samething.I have hh at the mall lows wallmart and even got a hair cot wearing my wedges.Thanks to the forum for helping me build my new found confindince.Now getting dads OK is in my crosshairs.

That's great to hear! I'm sure it's very encouraging to many. What an awesome mom!

My family (parents, brother and sisters) have all seen my 3 1/2" cowboy boots, and other than my sister mentioning that they were taller than her favorite boots, there have been no adverse comments. But I'm sure if I arrived in a pair of pumps, there may be comments then. They also give me a bit of teasing when I wear my traditional kilt or when I wear my Utilikilt, but it's more from a freindly bit of sibling rivalry than criticism. But I can tell that my brother is still not sure about my kilt wearing, even though I have been doing it for over 15 years. But I'm glad to hear others actually get their family to accept the high heels. I just am not sure I could ever get past my lovely wife with anything more than just my boots... tightlevisandhhboots

I found it surfing the net, but they only cam in sizes up to Womens size 10.... :wink: It's been so long since I posted it, I can't remember where I got it... I thought the avatars were links to other sites... If it is, maybe a moderator could help me figure out where I linked it from...

Thanks again, Tightlevisandhhboots

PS I like them alot tooo :oops:

Just got to find them in my size... :lol:

NEWS FLASH.....

I figured it oout, the boots are listed at Sheplers under Womens Fashion Boots. Largest size is a Size 10 USTightlevisandhhboots