quality of Pleaser "Xtreme" 8.5" plats?

TXT-1

Hi guys I am planning my first pair of heels since 2002 - a pair of Pleaser Xtreme-773, 777, or 781 8.5" plats

Xtreme-773

Posted Image

Xtreme-777

Posted Image

Xtreme-781

Posted Image

I have heard Pleaser's "Xtreme" range is made in china - which doesn't really bother me - the quality of the product is what interests me - I don't want to pay good money and have 'em fall apart...

later,

TXT-1

I like the 777 or the 776 s because I own a pair of the Ellies 821 Juette 8"' plat sandals and I like to see my polished toes peaking out the front. This is only my opinion. A word of warning they are higher than you think, It took me awile to get used to mine.

77r90dL lf

I like all the 3 styles - Unfortunately, I can only have one style! :P ) I like the 773's the most, then the 781's, last but not least, the 777's. have you had any problems with the straps splitting/tearing out along the buckle holes?, My Tony Shoes "101" 6" plats have on the right shoe - the left isn't far behind! but then again: they are thinner!... later, TXT-1

Ok guys, I have decided I will get a pair of the "Xtreme-773" - while The "Xtreme-777" and the Xtreme-781 look "mean" I like the look of the 773's so much more!

I am waiting patiently until the 11th july (10 more days) and I will E-mail Pretty Woman & William (the fancy dress shop where I got my former avatars from) and Shoecraft http://www.shoecraft.com.au **WARNING REDICULOUSLY HIGH SHOE PRICES**

I'm hoping that I can get the 773's from PW&W fot about $240-$260 AU

my "former avatars cost $160.50 AU...

(gulp) otherwise it's ~$300 australian! :P from Shoecraft...

later,

TXT-1

i like your choice. they look like some very sexy shoes. i was going to order a pair from the states that have the higher uppers, it was an open sandal design but they laced up to mid calf with a very open front. i thought about it though and wondered where would i ever wear a pair of 8 inch heels!!! too bad they only come in black or red. and yes, too bad they cost so much. i have several pairs of pleaser shoes and all of them are fine looking and good quality. when you get them let me know what its like to walk in them.

I have heard Pleaser's "Xtreme" range is made in china - which doesn't really bother me - the quality of the product is what interests me - I don't want to pay good money and have 'em fall apart...

later,

TXT-1

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

the eight inch heels that i want to buy are called: xtreme 1035. they are advertised on the forplay shoes website under the boots section. unfortuantely they only come in black but the good news is they cost just 70 dollars US. imagine those shoes with the high uppers in white!!! i'd go crazy with those. i know i would not get out very often wearing 8 inch heels but it would almost drive me crazy not having them here at the house. for the longest time i looked at the shoes labelled xtreme 705, i looked at those for at least two years pondering and finally ordered them up. now they are in my collection and i have had a lot of fun with them, especially in the past month and half now that it is sandal wearing weather. i suspect i could get away with wearing those xtreme 1035's to some crazy late night event. i bet get on with it and place my order.

those shoes, by themselves, aren't bad. It's the ugly plats attached to the bottoms that make them look SOOOOOOOOOO Ugly!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have decided that those 773's are too DAMN expensive: and that I need to get out of the house more - therefore I must bid you all farewell - it's been nice time - but the shoe interest needs some serious pruning - I may even get rid of my "former avatars" as they are no longer as good as they were (read worn out) - no replacement though - footwear wise - but the closest thing will be to use my golf clubs, drive My Datsun 120Y farm hack, Tamiya TXT-1 and Juggernaut 2 more!

Godspeed (coming from an athiest :P ) everybody and to use my favorite Quote - "Don't do any thing I wouldn't do!"

Goodbye.....

TXT-1 (his final "Run" at HHplace.org)

Keep in touch TXT-1. I'd hate too see yet another member fall off the face of the earth.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

TXT-1:-) I hate to see you go as I have thoroughly enjoyed our conversations back and forth with each other. Do drop in from time to time to see what we are up to. The best to you! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Posted Image

Whew! I'm coming down with a serious case of vertigo from just looking at those platforms! Not my style, but hey, to each their own! More power to you, TXT-1!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have no personal experience with Pleaser's platforms, but from the photos they appear to be similar to the Ellie's shoes that have one-piece molded bottoms. The quality of Ellie's platforms is good, except that I don't really like those tacky-looking plastic bottoms. I bought Katherine a pair that have leather uppers a couple of years ago. Those look reasonably good and she will wear them outside if I nag her enough. But I would be willing to spend more for built-up soles and heels if Ellie's had them.

Michael

Ellies and Pleasers seem to both come out of the same factory in China. In fact model names/numbers appear to be common among both labels. Example: the 8868 thighboot is available from both Pleaser and Ellie.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.