Meeting New Friends While Wearing Heels

mlroseplant

I went to a housewarming party this evening. The new (to them) house was occupied by long time friends of mine. They are a Croatian/Vietnamese couple with two young children.

As usual, my Vietnamese wife and I were overdressed for the occasion. My wife wore a dress and mid-heeled mules, and I wore a button-down casual shirt, boot-cut, close-fitting casual tan pants, and thong sandals with 4 1/4 inch stiletto heels. Everyone else was dressed much more casually than we were, save a couple of Vietnamese women, who were wearing skirts.

There were three languages spoken at this party, and tonight I was attuned to the Vietnamese conversation. I could not understand the full conversation, but I could hear they were talking about my shoes with my wife. I answered, in English, "What? It has taken you this long to notice my shoes?" My wife hugged me and gave me a quick peck on the lips, and after that, people seemed to take me at face value. One Vietnamese man even asked advice about an electrical problem he was having at work (I'm an electrician by trade). We exchanged phone numbers, and I told him I would come by and look at the problem next week.

Overall, a comfortable situation, and my wife didn't even seem embarrassed. Not a big deal, but I thought I would share.

Nice story.  It's fun to get out in heels, especially with a supportive wife.  We both are very lucky….  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"