I Am Back, And Boy Am I Out Of Practice

mlroseplant

I have returned from my annual visit to Hanoi, Vietnam. The family is fine, they were of course thrilled to see us, and sad to say goodbye at the end of three weeks.

As I have mentioned before, I do not wear high heels in Vietnam, at my wife's request. I do push the envelope slightly in other ways, but that's for another post. For the past three weeks I have worn my "men's" dress shoes, trainers, and thin-strapped leather flip-flops which are actually women's sandals, but my wife didn't say anything, nor did anyone else. What I'm getting at is that I've worn flat shoes for three weeks.

This time around, I didn't miss the heels as much as I have in past years. I even wondered if I had lost my passion to wear them. I waited about 24 hours after returning home to put on some heels.

The good news is that I'm still pretty much a heely guy. Can't really see me wearing flats unless I have to. The bad news is that three weeks away from heels has taken its toll on my ability to wear heels. We went to the mall today to purchase a new tablet. It was a situation where I could have worn my highest, steepest heels a month ago without even thinking about it. Today, I wore moderate heels, and I was feeling it by the time I got back to the car. Guess I need to use this time to get back intto shape!

Welcome back, Mlroseplant! Glad you had a good trip. "You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the passion for heels out of the boy." That's a very popular saying, of course! I'm sure you've heard it! LOL

You gave your ankle and foot muscles WAY too much vacation time and they got "fat, dumb, and happy." So now it's time to get back in shape. And you will, with a little effort and some "time in grade" so to speak. Good luck on getting back into your groove!

Steve

The pioneers take the arrows….  Get out there in your heels !!  Go to a nice noodle place and have a bowl of Pho Ga.  I am sure you will succeed…  ha ha   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"