Thinking About Selling My Porsche

I have had my 930 for about 2 yrs now and I am just getting it running perfectly. The value of these cars is really going thru the roof. Mine is an 86 930 with 58k miles on it. No wrecks original paint and exceptional condition. I have just under $40k in it and could get around $80k for it.

Because of this I can't enjoy driving it. First it's putting miles on the car. Second is if someone hits it. Even though it could be fixed now the value is going to drop due to being wrecked.i am far from rich so the loss in $$$ has more of an impact on me. You know if I had PAID $80k for the car it would not be as big a deal because there is no money to be made at this time. It would be like buying a new car from a dealer. You might as well drive it because as soon as you drive it off the lot you lose 20% of what you paid for it.

The problem is what to get to replace it. I have an 88 BMW 325is I am think about putting a v8 in. I am considering another 280z. Maybe a Porsche 914 with a 6 or an 8 cylinder. I saw a Porsche 914 with a corvette engine for $25k. Great looking car. Basically something I could have less than $30k in and I will already be losing money. Porsches are really getting expensive so something I might like is still too much money.

The other option is to list it for around $100k and just sit on it.

post-2198-0-95080000-1425651159_thumb.jp

You are treating the car like as an investment not as a toy. Choose what you want it to be. If you want to have fun driving it, suck it up and pay the piper. If you still treat it as an investment, put in a garage and under a dust cover.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I have wanted one since I was a kid. Thing is it did not start out as an investment although I new it would at least be worth what I had in it.

The last porsche I had I had for 10yrs. I sold it for $500 more than I paid for it with a bad tyranny and a motor that needed to be rebuilt.

Yeah, you are going to have to figure out for yourself if you are going to enjoy that childhood dream or continue treating it like an investment.

I mean if it was me, I am not that much into classic cars, mainly because I am not too much into having to constantly work on it (or paying someone to work on it).  I much prefer to buy a nice newer car, enjoy it, and not having to worry about it breaking down... or in your case, taking extra special care of it and being afraid to have it damaged, or stolen, or putting miles on it, etc. 

But that is just me.  I know many people love the classic cars, and that car you have is really pretty.  There were Porsche's on my childhood dream list, too.   :)

Oh it can be done - - - - But why??

Just a guess, power to weight ratio.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh it can be done - - - - But why??

Wow, I gotta google this!

Okay, I found a few but you have to extend the aft end of the car pretty significantly.  It kind of looks like a funny El Camino.  My late bus had pretty much the same engine as the 914.  I knew people who stuffed V6 into their busses and had to extend the aft of the bus ever so slightly and mount a butt ugly radiator on the front.

That being said, man I bet that 914 can move.

As to the OP and simply in my opinion I say keep and enjoy the Porsche.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

As it happens, my bus was late today, and by coincidence it was due at 09.14.  Spooky.  Like you I prefer to sit at the back of the bus, but I think your judgement on the chap at the front is harsh.

I'd agree, keep the porch.  There are no ongoing expenses and it adds value to the house

I forgot I started thus thread and when I saw the title I thought " oh look me too".

I built a 914 with a 6 cyl in it back in the 90s. That one was pretty quick and absolutely the funnest car I have ever driven. Not to mention an easy car to drive.

The v8 fits in a 914 much easier than putting one in my BMW 325.

Here is the one I am looking at. Offered a trade but no reply.

I would have to upgrade the transmission as I am sure the v8 has or will Tear up the stock one. Also need to upgrade the brakes.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/853879-1976-porsche-914-renegade-hybrid-ls1-motor-conversion-gt-flares-914-6-a.html