Has Anyone Bought Shoes From This Website ?

onhertoes

Sorry, I can't see anything without becoming a member. Therefore I won't be viewing the site nor buying anything.

When we go into a shop, they don't ask us for our name and address before they allow us through the door do they?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sorry, I can't see anything without becoming a member. Therefore I won't be viewing the site nor buying anything.

When we go into a shop, they don't ask us for our name and address before they allow us through the door do they?

Indeed! What moron came up with this? 

Maybe if they had something I really wanted I might become a member, but since I can't browse their site how on Earth would I be able to know? So until then I will quote Eric Cartman 'Screw you guys, I'm going home!'

Sorry for the way you feel about that site. I put in my info and i have to say they get some great shoes and deals on there. I have not had any spam or anything except when they email me to let me know they have new items like shoes. They saee out very fast most of the time.

Sorry for the way you feel about that site. I put in my info and i have to say they get some great shoes and deals on there. I have not had any spam or anything except when they email me to let me know they have new items like shoes. They saee out very fast most of the time.

That might perfectly be true. But the fact remains I can't browse their site without signing up first and since personal privacy is being assaulted on all sides, especially online, I'm not going to fork another piece of my personal privacy over so yet another company can exploit them, without even knowing if its worth it. And A: they WILL exploit them, otherwise they wouldn't be asking for them (like selling them to other data mining companies instead of sending you personal spam). That's why EVERY company wants them in the first place, and B: it might very well be that they have great shoes on offer, but what constitutes great shoes is very much a subjective thing. And one man's treasure is all too often one man's piece of garbage. And the reverse. Which brings me back to the starting point, it's hard to judge if there is treasure or garbage inside without being able to browse that site first.

So until then, thanks, but no thanks.

Hey, Chor, there's an easy way - go to gmail or yahoo and sign up for a new email address to use for logging on to that web site. It's free and then you can see if you want to stick around on that web site or leave it forever. You can dump the new email address or keep it for a spare for such occasions in the future. Your privacy remains intact AND you find out what's on that mystery web site.

Steve

Hey, Chor, there's an easy way - go to gmail or yahoo and sign up for a new email address to use for logging on to that web site. It's free and then you can see if you want to stick around on that web site or leave it forever. You can dump the new email address or keep it for a spare for such occasions in the future. Your privacy remains intact AND you find out what's on that mystery web site.

Steve

True. And I have an email account just for that. Also, all my supermarket discount cards are made out to names like Louis B Bare or I.C. Weener. Thing is though, I have do my groceries to eat, I don´t really have to become a member of that site. If they want to be snotty in letting browse their site in the first place then I can take my business elsewhere. Considering that there is a 99.9% chance that they won´t have the kind of fetishy heels that I like, why bother when it's probably the same platforms and low heeled stuff I can get everywhere else? 

I didn't have to sign up to see the shoes/boots for sale. I just clicked the link and I could view the website.

Same here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I had to sign up first.

Steve

yep, I just tried again to make sure I wasn't imagining things earlier.  But I concur with Steve, I can't see anything beyond the home page without signing up first.  Ahh well.   *shrug*

You might be able to view the site as your presently cookied/datafiled through another site with their advertisers.

If your signed into shoemint, you can also see stylemint and some other sites. They have an association of sorts.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

This is very bizarre and damage their business, you can browse through our online store for free and even when buying you can checkout as a guest rather than making an account, as you say on the high street shops are free to go into.