Heel Dents

onemikestomp

Hi,

I lately went to a friend that like heels too. I wear metal heels only because i like the sound and the look.

At my friend s place i was wearing louboutin Metaliboots mainly.

I love their thin heel. My mate s floor is mainly wood, i noticed my heels (pure metal tips) were leaving dents, i could feel it. I asked my friend if it was a probelm but he loved mylook so much that he sais its no problem... Well then i just forgot about it and walked around all afternoon.

When i left i was amazed at the amount of small holes in his floor. These heels are so unforgiving. I must admit i love the damaging power of these awesome heel boots.

Do u guys also like leaving dents with your powerful heels?

Posted Image

Took a pic of the dents:

post-6667-0-64185600-1375899896_thumb.jp

Consider yourself lucky you don't get slapped with the repair bill. You would be looking at a major repair bill indeed.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Consider yourself lucky you don't get slapped with the repair bill.

You would be looking at a major repair bill indeed.

Having the floor re-leveled ( dents are quite deep and would require quite a bit of time ), resurfaced and urethane finished..

My old crew would have charged 1500$ per 10x10 foot ( 100 square foot ) area as a baseline!

From the looks of the wood, its an older build and the floor hasnt been maintained. The board has probably gone soft and has warps.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

We've had this same discussion in our house. I wear my metal tip heels in our house upon the penalty of "death" from cruel and unusual punishment inflicted by my wife for any damage to our wooden floors that we recently had refinished at great expense.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

One of the steps outside my front door is made from insulation block and I love it when my metal tips sink in them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Your friend might be able to steam the dents out, maybe not all the way, but enough that they would be almost unnoticeable. I steamed our hardwood floors after moving a piano in and the wood sprang back up except for one particular large gouge. My floors may be well over a 100 years and I'm not replacing them, so it stays as part of the character.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you have got it all wrong. So either the boots go or the floor goes. I'd vote that the boots remain and the floor just isn't up to dealing with proper boots.

Bin the floor and keep wearing the boots. Or you could always wear flip flops - how exciting, not!

We could start a suitable floor forum but I reckon it'd not be so popular

• 3 weeks later...

I too love the feel and sound of heels sinking into things, one of the reasons I enjoy about wearing heels, but as has been pointed out where you do that requires discretion. However, it is a thrill having your heels watched by an admirer  as you walk, which adds greatly to the pleasure