Space Aged Design..

ilikekicks

Very interesting!! And different! Along with very $$$ expensive. Would love to give something like these a try but too small for my big feet and way out of my price range! :)

One size bigger and they could have sold one more...

Are you kidding? The clothing would have to be just as outrageous to look right.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

@Shafted:

Something like this ?

Posted Image

(Gareth Pugh, 2011 fall/winter runway collection)

This is how the first draft of the pattern of the jacket looks like... (reverse engineered based on pics from the net)

Posted Image

... and this is how my second version of the jacket looks like (self made after I got a more flexible material than the leather/neoprene combination that I had used for the first one):

Posted Image

I also made the chiffon pants... the boots would fit such an outfit, don't you think? ;-)

Honestly though... I just wanted to know whether I would be able to sew something like that. Since I did sew it last year, I haven't worn it once - I just don't know where this would be wearable except for gothic parties (that I haven't visited so far), fashion shows (would like to visit... no invitation) or ... I don't know...

The 'United Nude' website does have some rather interesting shoe designs, along with a lot of ugly shoes as well. You do have to scroll pretty far down to see some of the better ones (the ones posted above are there as well).

I really have to give it to them on some of their clever designs. If I had lots of money to burn, I might be interested in trying a few of their items, just for the fun of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

All Whether you like the shoes or not, I suggest it's worth looking up Zaha Hadid, the Stirling Prize winning Architect that designed the concept of the shoes; suggest you look up Evelyn Grace Academy or the Glasgow Transport Museum, a truely wonderful architect of our generation. R