Women Love It When Guys Compliment Them On Their Outfits

Curt

My friend and I were at a restaurant in downtown toronto. Tortilla flats, for all the heel fans in thge GTA area. When you walk in, the washroom is straight through to the back, past the bar. Just so you know, my friend and look like rockstars when we hang out. He looks like axl rose or Brett michaels with long crazy hair and my hair is a quite a bit shorter and with a sheryl Crow/Nancy Wilson inspired flare jeans, knee high stacked heels, and a form-fitted leather coat. So we looked pretty cool. Better than cool. He noticed a woman walk in with kneehigh stiletto boots, stockings, skirt just above the knee, flowing coat and wavy hair that went halfway down her back. I didn't see her, but my friend saw her. He said: check out this girl when she comes back from the washroom and watch me lay a heavy compliment on her. I said, cool, cool! She was walking up the stairs and said: hey Ash, check this out! I was in love! All you guys know how I love high heel shoes, but kneehigh boots with some teetering high heels is bigger than a religion to me. She walked by with her boyfriend, and my friend said: were really diggiing your amazing fashion, your heels are more sexy than my friends! She was cool and calmly said thanks, but probably felt really amazing. He said to the boyfriend: you don't mind do you? He said: I trust her, maybe you three can go shopping together sometime! Isn't that awesome. So it works both ways. I love it when a woman goes nuts over my heels. I've come to a conclusion: if a woman is crazy over heels, then it doesn't matter who is wearing them. Anyone else have good stories like that? Or women heelers on the site complimenting guys in public.

I was just about to compliment a gal that came in wearing blue fairly skinny jeans and a killer pair of black patent pumps. Her outfit was very similar to what I wore that morning. I was waiting for my food to be ready to bring back to work. I figured that as she came out of the line to wait for her order that I would compliment her. My food came up however and I didn't get the chance to say anything. I was kind of nervous so it could have been Divine Intervention that my food came up. Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Compliments are an easy way to break the ice with almost any woman. "Love the Valentino's" or "Nice Pigalle's!" or "Love the pattern mixing!". Simple ice breakers that can instantly lead to more conversation.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Boys, compliment the woman, not her shoes or outfit. For example, 'You look lovely in that dress' or 'You look so elegant in those shoes'.Don't tell me it's a lovely dress. I know that, that's why I bought it.

I was going to say Megan the title of this thread is three words too long at the end.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Quite right. Always: "You look great in that dress", not: "That dress looks great on you". Remember that however wonderful the dress it's the woman who really looks great.

Quite right. Always: "You look great in that dress", not: "That dress looks great on you". Remember that however wonderful the dress it's the woman who really looks great.

Actually, I rather like the second one too, with its implication that I make the dress look good. But could we try stunning, fabulous, beautiful, instead of great? A bit of thought goes a long way.

You look wonderful/marvellous/gorgeous/pretty/stunning/fabulous/superb (delete as appropriate) in/wearing that/those dress/skirt/boots/shoes/hat/necklace (again, delete as appropriate) From the Universal Compliment Generator (UCG). Patents Pending. As against the Ikea Komplement generator which is a large factory somewhere.

My experience in starting conversations with thousands of women all over the world over the years is that it's not the first thing you say that counts, it's the second and third thing you say that matters most. (provided your intent is to talk). In this case, HOW you compliment her is not as important as the conversation that follows. So the difference between "you look great in that dress" and "those are amazing Valentino's" as a conversation starter is miniscule if the intent is to carry on additional further conversation past the point of first auditory impression. If your intent is just to make the person feel good though and immediately move on from there (like you would say "your shoe is untied"), then attention to detail in HOW the compliment is verbalized is more important.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.