Happy Heeling In The New Year!

mlroseplant

I went to a friend's house for a New Year's Eve party last night. I warned the host in advance that I intended to wear heels, and he told me nobody would care. They are a mixed European/Asian family, so I wasn't sure how they would take it, especially the Vietnamese wife. Nothing was really said, because of course, given where we were visiting, you leave your shoes at the door, but at one point, the husband wanted me to show my shoes to the wife. Before I went and fetched them, I said to the wife, "I bet my heels are higher than yours." She said, "Uh, I don't think so." One look at my shoes, and she flicked her head to one side quickly, and said, "Yup, yours beat mine." When midnight rolled around, I was able to walk out of there, but my wife had to drive home. Happy New Year, everybody!

We celebrated New Years Eve with 6 other couples; we've been doing this since the 1980s - all friends of ours from a company we used to work for - and have kept in touch every year because we all still live in the community. It was snowing last night, so I wore a pair of Clark's black knee boots with a side zip and 3" tapered (thin but not stiletto) heels, with my jeans tucked in. When we got to the house where the party was being hosted, we were the first ones there, took off our boots at the door, and put on indoor shoes (heeled clogs). Nobody said anything about my shoes, of course, and when it came time to put on the boots and leave, everyone saw everyone else getting ready to go, but nobody said anything about my heels. People just accept it, if they notice it at all. But I still never cease to be amazed! Happy New Year to all of you! Steve

mlroseplant, Glad you enjoyed your evening at the house of friend. I am also really glad you chose a designated driver and considered the safety of others after a night of imbibing. You were accepted for who you were at the party and will safely live to see another which is great way to start 2013. So just how high were your heels??? HappyinHeels

So just how high were your heels???

4.75 inches. Nine West. Patent leather oxfords. I've already uploaded the photo to two other threads, but what the heck, you asked, and I don't think I'll get in trouble for uploading the same picture to three threads, these are my favorite shoes right now.

It's not like I've seen all the wife's heels, but none of the ones I have seen exceed 4 inches, and most are shorter. Admittedly, her feet are smaller than mine, but not THAT much smaller, as I'm a 9 or 9.5 US women's. My own wife wore 3.0 inchers that night.

post-19325-0-20789400-1357272066_thumb.j

Man I'd love to have smaller feet! These 13's limit my shoe availabilty! New Years Eve I wore my Redwing work boots. Warmer in the barn that way.

Redwings the only way to go for me. I've got US men size 7.5 or 8B. No one else makes my size (or more correctly, my width). On the other hand, it's easy for me to buy "women's" shoes.

I too wore heels to a New Year's Eve party at our friends house. I wore my Payless black loafer pump/slip-on's with a 3 1/2" big block heel with a 3/4" platform. I also wore leather dress pants, with a purple silky shirt and a dress leather vest. I got several compliments on my look too. We were seated around a basement bar and a friend of mine's wife rubbed her foot on my leg and whispered in my ear, " I love your leather". My wife was seated next to me on the other side and she was also wearing her tight leather jeans with a silver glittery top and her Aerosoles 3" heeled booties. Had a great time at the party! Happy New Year to all. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I too wore heels to a New Year's Eve party at our friends house. I wore my Payless black loafer pump/slip-on's with a 3 1/2" big block heel with a 3/4" platform. I also wore leather dress pants, with a purple silky shirt and a dress leather vest. I got several compliments on my look too. We were seated around a basement bar and a friend of mine's wife rubbed her foot on my leg and whispered in my ear, " I love your leather". My wife was seated next to me on the other side and she was also wearing her tight leather jeans with a silver glittery top and her Aerosoles 3" heeled booties. Had a great time at the party!

Happy New Year to all.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice to know that she is perfectly capable of competing bluejay.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.