Finally, Somebody Noticed!

mlroseplant

And I also didn't mean to imply that. You are right however. The public is ready for us, but now the ball is in our court. Those personal demons you spoke of still haunt many here. I get the feeling that somehow some feel they are not worthy of this. Many are still trying to reconcile their feelings with their mates. Some successfully but not all. Great progress has been made. The bulk of the general public has not only tolerated us, but expect us to be ourselves almost to the level of disappointment when were not.. There will always be a-holes, but don't fret on that matter Women have to deal with it as well. I think women are the most wondrous of God's creations. Just remember that as guys, we are on our way to the same heel wearing level as women, and we are likely to wind up sitting in the same boat with them whether we want to or not. High heels just may be the catalyst that helps us begin to understand at least one aspect of women, Although I've been told by a woman that women don't understand women, so we may still have a long way to go.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Getting a bit philosophical are we shafted? I jest but it truly is a unique time. Not just for us mind you but a lot of different groups of people that have been ridiculed for the way they live their lives. However I don't wish to stray too off topic so I'll end here.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I went to a local sports bar for some wings and a beer. I was wearing a pair of black dress slacks, black shirt, a #48 jimmy johnson coat and a pair of 4" roxains boots that I bought from payless. I sat at the bar and when sitting the pants pulled up so that the heels were noticeable. When I got up to leave the couple behind me sitting in a booth almost broke ther neck to look. They were about my age 50 ish and im sure that this was the first time that thay saw a male in South Dakota with heels. On my way out I did glance over and they watched me as I left. I did chuckle to my self and thought that I should go over and say yes they are heels and yes I am straight. It did make for a intersting night

I careless like that in my wedges and a mother/daughter saw me. They took Some glances and did some whispering. But you know, its times like that That help build coniden ce. Like you, I wanted to lft my foot and let them get a good Look as they left

Whether it's mlroseplant in Iowa or HighHeelLover86 in South Carolina at this point in time, and any others out there trying to find their place in the world of self-expression, I say this is the simple equation that appears to work; CONFIDENCE DISPLAYED+ DIGNITY RECEIVED = HAPPINESS ACHIEVED! Look around you in this forum to members from JeffB to roniheels to kneehighs to Thighbootguy and Shafted to name a few that are so confident that their past experiences become your learning tool setting the stage for tomorrow's personal triumph over fear. It is an interesting time to be alive and there's more information than ever on which to build knowledge but knowledge is only effective if it is used wisely. The world really is ready for us. Like one of my favorite movie quotes from Miracle: "This time is YOUR time...now go out there and take it!" That's what we have before us is a great opportunity. HappyinHeels

Well said, Happyinheels! Just today I was coming out of a restaurant where I had lunch with some friends. I was in women's bootcut denim jeans over black tights, blue heavy jacket, navy stocking cap, and black shoulder bag. I was wearing the BOC tan suede western-style clogs with 3.5 inch underslung dark brown heels shown in the photo. Outside, on the street was a college-age woman with a clipboard, taking a survey. It was cold and very windy and my jacket and gloves weren't going to keep me warm for very long, so I declined her invitation. Her: Do have a minute to participate in a survey? Me: No thanks, I don't have time. Her: That's ok. Have a nice day. Her (after I walked by - the heels were noisy): Hey, nice shoes! Me (turning back to her): Thanks! That was the first time anyone noticed AND commented in a long time. Made my day. I wish she were inside instead of out in the bitter cold wind! I would have been glad to stop and take the survey. Steve

post-4071-0-96644300-1361397144_thumb.jp

Well I got told off by one of the men at work yesterday evening.

"why aren't you wearing your boots" he said in a quite stern manner implying almost that he expected me to wear my heels every day. I told him not to worry I would be wearing them regularly just had a change to shoes on this particular day.

Just goes to show that once people get used to the idea they don't only accept us in heels but they actually expect it.

This is my experience as well.

+1

• 1 month later...

I had a pretty decent notice experience today. I went to my regular coffee house this morning wearing my black suede wedge heels by Brash that are in my avatar. They were clearly visable as my pants only cover the very top of the shoes. As I was walking in another fellow who came in through another door and I converged upon the order spot at the same time. He offered first place to me as he was stepping around behind me into line I saw him do a double take at my shoes. Within thirty seconds he said to me, "Nice wedges." I said, "thank you very much." He was a fairly alternative - possibly Harley Davidson looking fellow with a number of earrings and a motorcycle shirt on. He then asked me if I was preparing for a show or something like that suggesting that I might perhaps do the drag show thing. I confirmed with him that he was referring to the shoes and I said, "No, this is just what I like to wear." He said, "Wow, that's cool." and then he went on to tell me that after growing up in a harshly judgemental family that he has done his best to find himself with spending with people who make an effort to be accepting of other's differences. I think he was trying to communicate that he thought my shoes were interesting and that hey, I was cool with him. I introduced myself and then we continued to have conversation on other topics while we waited for our beverages to be made. It was interesting because once the initial assumptions and curiousities were handled it was really neat to be in line having a normal conversation while standing there in my heels. Also, not just standing there in my heels but standing there talking to somebody who clearly knew I was in heels and basically thought it was cool and moved on to normal conversation. I have had a couple conversations at the coffee house, standing there in heels, with people who just go on without further issue. It feels so casual and it is good fun. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Larry, great story! Thanks for sharing. Life can be full of wonderful surprises, and often people you'd never expect can come forward with fascinating things to discuss. You handled it perfectly! Steve

That's a great story Larry. I was wearing those same wedges yesterday as well. Not sure anyone noticed other than here at work of course. One goofy thing about those wedges is uneven ground - you have to get used to a shoe that does not flex if you step on something in the middle of the sole. Like walking on my crushed asphault driveway was a bit tricky at first when stones were making my feet todder.

Mike

That's a great story Larry. I was wearing those same wedges yesterday as well. Not sure anyone noticed other than here at work of course. One goofy thing about those wedges is uneven ground - you have to get used to a shoe that does not flex if you step on something in the middle of the sole. Like walking on my crushed asphault driveway was a bit tricky at first when stones were making my feet todder.

You're right about these shoes. I was walking in to the coffee house in front of a few people (it was a busy morning) when I stepped on some loose asphalt. I did one of those funny shoe tips. I recovered basically gracefully and kept going.

It think Eddie Izard said some thing like it's okay for a gal to falter in her heels but a guy who is so bold as to wear heels you simply cannot fumble.

:-)

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!