Do The Locomotion With Me

mlroseplant

I have wanted to discuss this topic with someone for a long time, but until I joined hhplace, I really didn't think I could find an interested audience.

Here is the subject: What elements make the most attractive walk in heels? I know the answer to this question is a little different for every person. I personally find an athletic walk very attractive. There is much advice out there in internetland to take shorter strides when wearing heels, but that really bugs me. My goal (and also how I like to see women walk) is to take long strides when wearing heels, as if one was walking in bare feet or flats.

I have studied this quite a bit, trying to figure out why I like some walks better than others, and the one thing I have come up with is this: Imagine the feet as having four points of contact with the ground, heel and forefoot of both left and right feet. To me, the sexiest walk has no more than three of the points in contact with the ground at any given time. Let me explain further.

When taking a step forward, the leading foot steps forward, with the heel about to touch the ground. At the same time, the forefoot of the trailing foot is pushing, propelling the person further down the road, so to speak. When the heel of the leading foot lands, it is basically doing nothing to further forward movement. It is the trailing foot that is doing all the propulsion at this instant. Now, here is the point which is key: Before the leading forefoot lands, the trailing heel lifts off the ground. At this instant, there are only two points of contact with the ground: The forefoot of the trailing foot, and the heel of the leading foot. A fraction of a second later, there are again three point of contact with the ground again, as the forefoot of the leading foot contacts the ground, just before the trailing foot is lifted to take the next step. The most extreme example of this can be viewed here, where there is a substaintial period of time where there is only one point of contact with the ground between strides. This is easy to see because of the angle of the shadows. Pity the video is so short.

won't even talk about the run, which is pretty impressive. The walk before the run is the one I try to emulate. Her walk is not really very feminine, but I find it so attractive. "You got to swing your hips now" ---- not necessarily.

Another walk I rather like is here:

She has a rather bouncy walk, and I think she walks really funny in flats, but I forgive her because she's Asian. I have a thing for Asians. Well, I'm married to one.

Last example I give is something which should be sexy, but is not. And the reason is because all four points of contact happen just for an instant simultaneously. Makes for a clumpy walk, in my opinion.

OK, I'm a liar. I'll give one more example of something that drives me crazy. This crossover walk business. How ridiculous. It even looks ridiculous on the runway. Nobody walks like that in real life, and certainly not for miles, like I walk. Here is a scene from the movie "Boondock Saints 2." Wow, it's a really sexy scene, but honestly, who would be doing this crosswalk bullsh** to approach one's profesional adversaries? Ultimate scene totally ruined.

Now, I don't mean to say that one needs to walk athletically all the time. For example, when one is in the supermarket and is looking for something, it's OK to have the four points of contact on the ground. I'm talking about walking at a good clip, when going somewhere.

I look forward to different points of view about this subject. Let's make a chain, now. It's easier to learn than your ABC's.

The way a person walks is somewhat like their fingerprint. It is part of their definition of who they are. Have you ever noticed a walk where people use their feet to spring forward with each step. It puts a bit more bounce in their walking action. Some people can make it look like a natural stride, while others appear obnoxious. There are many factors that have to be considered into ones walkingprint. To mention a few: body weight and health, the makeup or construction of the foot and ankles, their center of gravity, the design and styling of the footwear, the fit, the height of the heels relative to the platforms (if any), how secure does the person feel wearing the footwear, and etc.

With experience and flexibility the stride will lengthen depending on the heel height and even then that will lengthen with higher heels to a point where there is no is no further stretch. Does one bounce or bob in their walk, yes but it varies, for something completely different - Monty Python - John Cleese - "Ministry for Silly Walks". The longer the stride the deeper the head will drop. Watch dancers (ballroom) how they lead off. All pronounced or extenuated movement. Settling into a pace and stride that is comfortable that is natural helps many of us stay "hidden" because we look normal, make it awkward and the world sees the clown. Al

My walk is like #2. Very bouncy and a long stride. Then again, I wear platform pumps and boots that lessen the angle oif the heel. The most important thing to remember: no matter how high your shoes are, they have to fit properly and be comfortable!

If you think about it, a spring or bounce in your step is a sign of strong arches allowing one to spring from the toe.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

You shorten your stride in heels for safety more than any other reason.

True! Quite true! I know I take short steps for that very reason, and the fact I'm never in a hurry as I like to savor each and every minute of an outing when I'm in heels.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My stride also depends a little on the shoes too. I have been wearing something with a platform for most of my coffee outings. Yeaterday I wore 4.5 inch heels with no platform. I was almost back to my car by the time I got my stride right. My stride in heels somewhat quick but smooth with a slight bounce. I have seen women with this stride and I think it looks good and exudes confidence.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!