Anyone Get Injured Wearing Heels

Curt

I injured myself twice. I was drunk and stumbled down a flight of stairs. My pumps get scuffed at the toe. So depressed. I twisted my knee out of joint. I hit some uneven sidewalk wearing platform high heels. But I'm okay. Anyone done worse than that?

I slipped and fell on my ass on a rain slicked sidewalk in Rome with friends. I was laughing hysterically. Not the least bit injured.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Contrary to the common warning, I've never twisted an ankle wearing narrow heels, only flats. The wobbliness apparently puts my body on alert and guards against unguarded moments. I did get hurt once wearing a pair of new platform wedge clogs. The soles were new, flat, and slippery and I skied down a short flight of carpeted stairs. I cracked a bone in my foot from the twisted landing. I broke an arm in a fall, I was wearing sneakers and watching a nice pair of heels across the street instead of watching for the curb...

Back in the 70's clogs were cool (2"+ish heel) misjudged the traffic and half ran the last ten steps, clog rotated, I tripped (stayed upright) and broke one of my metatarsals. Continued, collected my papers and hobbled back. Got 100 yards and the pain kicked in and I virtually passed out. The trip the night before was wow man. The second was Ow man! Broke it again 11 years ago. Slipped off a curb two days ago in flats. Had a heel slides but got away with it, phew. Al

• 2 weeks later...

I had chicken pox when I was 20. I was still living at home and I only wore my heels when alone. At that time I had a super tall (5+ inches) pair of double ankle strap black suade Jante pumps. I didnt care that I was as sick as a dog, mom left the home so I wearing my pumps. I got dizzy and twisted my ankle so bad that I had a hard time walking for several days.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!