Cowboy Boots Usa

Tierney

I own a few pairs; they are good quality boots for the price. There is more info if you do a search. Edited by hoverfly

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I have had positive experiences as well...I have two pairs of cowboy boots with 5" heels from this seller. The quality seems very good for the price, although the prices seemed to be climbing on his boots. Their sizes might run a little big, so be sure to get some exact measurements before ordering. This seller has been very accomodating and courteous to me during both purchases. The shipping time is a little slow, but worth the wait...I'm sure the seller could expedite the shipping for a few more dollars...Don

pebblesf is absolutely right. miguel surely is not the finest bootmaker in the world. but you get "custom"-boots for acceptable prices. expedited shipping is no problem. one thing I complain about his boots is the shape of the higher heels. 4" and up to me often looks not like fine craftmanship. the angle is not right and the edging looks not exact. there are a lot of pix in the www which will show this to you.

I got a pair, mens size 9 with 5 inch heels.... They are more like size 11+... Wasn't worth the hasle to ship them back to exchange.. The quality was good, and i'm tempted to try them again..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

If you ordered a "men's size nine" and you got a size 11, what makes you think you'll get the correct size if you try again?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If you ordered a "men's size nine" and you got a size 11, what makes you think you'll get the correct size if you try again?

I think they run large and that you need to order your Mexican size, not your U.S. size in which it's also runs one size large. So you would need an Mexican 9/9.5.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Somehow I do not see any reference to any company name so does one go to Ebay and just search boots.

Look at the title, Mike.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I recently ordered a pair and he asked me to take a full set of measurements. I bought a pair from him several years ago without taking measurements and they were too big, didn't fit very well at all. I measured like four times to be certain so hopefully these will be right. I will pick them up at my other home when I go there in two weeks, they've already arrived.

I think they run large and that you need to order your Mexican size, not your U.S. size in which it's also runs one size large. So you would need an Mexican 9/9.5.

9.5 from mexico??? if you have a US 9.5, wich is aprox. EU 43 you need to order a size 28.5 (if he does half sizes). forget sizingcharts you can find in the www. a mexican bootmaker (and i know some of them) always uses the traditional old mexican standards.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went down to the other home and picked the package up. Sure enough, they are a little big in the foot area but not bad enough to not wear them. I sent a full set of careful measurements. I guess he would rather err on the large size than they be too small. They turned out beautiful, 22" shafts and 4" straight heels (not backslung). The heels are quite similar and same height as my clogs', they don't really look that high but the tape measure doesn't lie. Perhaps I will give his 5" a try next time. I really like this style.

• 4 months later...

I have now purchased 3 pairs of boots from Miguel Jones. They have all been one-off custom boots. The first was one of his first taller heel boots. They are a J-toe Cowboy boot with a 3.5 inch heel. I have completely worn them out, and am contemplating sending to him or another boot shop for a re-sole and re-heel. Sizing on that pair was spot on, if not a tad tight. The second pair was a custom color/pattern/stitching and heel. Black patent vamp, burgandy cherry toe and pull straps, scalloped trim between toe and vamp, red leather piping and lacing trim, and red stitching on the shaft made of black leather to contrast the black patent vamp and heel cap. Heel was 4.5 inches, and very western and nicly complementing the boots. This pair was more of an 11 than a 10.5, so I put a set of insoles inside, and wear thicker socks, and they are just fine! The latest creation, are rather plain, but are now my daily work wear.

Posted Image

These are a combination Engineer boot sole, harness boot shaft and harness, J-toe, and semi-western 3 inch heel that tapers to just smaller than 2 inch by 2 inch heel. All made of Oiled Black Leather, and made to the measurements of my foot this time vice a "size". THey also have a side zipper for easy on and off. The fit is like a glove! Very Very Nice. Because they were a custom boot, it took quite a while to make, and they also took a fair bit to ship due to getting caught up in customs for over a week. But I am very Very happy with them!!

TightLevisandHHBoots

• 3 months later...

I have also bought a pair of boots from him. He also has his own internet store:

www.custom-boots.net

The site is quite simple, no fancy web store, but it does what it should do. I always got quick respons from Miguel Jones when I sent him a question by email.

I bought a pair of roper boots, and also fell into the "mexican size pitfall". But miguel corrected them when I sent them back.

If I had to come up if any critics, it would be that I find it strange that when you buy a pair of boots you supply all foot and leg measurements but the boots are made to a size number anyway.

I made traces of my feet on paper and sent them to Miguel for the correction and this worked fine.

All put together, I found that Miguel is a reliable partner to to business with.