A New Experience Today...

Black_Boots

As almost usual now, I was going to work with heels on my scooter, but I was also wearing a women's boot cut jeans with my new MJ. Arriving close to my work, I stopped in a quiet place, a bicycle way on the side of the road, to change my trouser and put my "regular" shoes on. I was still sitting on my scooter when a police car came in front of me, and the asked me what I was doing here... As I was still wearing my MJ's, with the police in front of me, I had nothing else to do then stand in front of the police men... They asked for my ID and one of them came at my side. He wrote down my name, etc, he asked me if I was known by the Police... I said I didn't think so... and he asked me to open the seat of my scoot, which I did... He could see my regular shoes in, and my work trouser... When he was leaving, he asked me one more time the purpose of my presence on the bicycle way, I replied again I had something to do with my mobile phone and I did not want to be on the road... Then the police men told me: Taking pictures of your shoes? Which I replied to: You are absolutely right! Then I said to myself: Well this is done! One step forward! I did not felt to ashamed, in fact, but the surprise was big for me... I kept on laughing for a while, imagining what they were thinking... But I think they see frequetely things much worse then a regular guy wearing women's shoes! Bye!! Matt

post-13927-0-67689000-1342192123_thumb.j

As I said in another thread: confidence comes from experience. Sounds like your confidence level got a major boost. As many of us have been posting, folks (including the police) don't care what you have on your feet. Thanks for sharing the experience. Enjoy your heels. TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Black_Boots, It does sound like you handled the situation well. My only problem with your story is under what premise, one an officer could articulate in a court room, did the officer search under the scooter seat? Asking for ID was legitimate since you were operating a motor vehicle on a public road but what "probable cause" did he have to look under the seat? I am a law enforcement officer who also has a background in constitutional issues and I never enjoy seeing "easy targets". I congratulate you on a situation deftly handled.HappyinHeels

• 3 weeks later...

Black_Boots, It does sound like you handled the situation well. My only problem with your story is under what premise, one an officer could articulate in a court room, did the officer search under the scooter seat? Asking for ID was legitimate since you were operating a motor vehicle on a public road but what "probable cause" did he have to look under the seat? I am a law enforcement officer who also has a background in constitutional issues and I never enjoy seeing "easy targets". I congratulate you on a situation deftly handled.HappyinHeels

I just thought I would point out that Black_Boots isn't in the USA, so the laws are a little different.

CStuff, I suspected as much but probable cause and the rule of law are pretty similiar in western Europe, USA, Canada, NZ, and Australia. There are also countries in South America and Asia I'd include in this list. Laws regarding legal and illegal search and seizure are hallmarks of democracies. So, which country does he call home? HappyinHeels

Actually, even in the UK the police can search a vehicle they have already stopped for another reason (such as speeding or broken tail light) if they have just cause to believe that an offence had taken place.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Actually, even in the UK the police can search a vehicle they have already stopped for another reason (such as speeding or broken tail light) if they have just cause to believe that an offence had taken place.

Indeed, wasn't a recent UK terrorist attack foiled when police searched a car they had stopped for a minor infraction?

Great story! One day I went to see the nurse at my doctors surgery and went she asked to weigh and measure me,mshe seemed surprised that I was wearing women's 4inch heels under my really long business trousers. I then found out that I'd shrunk an inch since last time :(