First Time To Work

niknhose

niknhose, Have read, with great interest, your accounts of barriers conquered while expressing your personality via your shoes. Your experience has largely been the sum total of your confidence and determination to see it through and this is what people are noticing. The shoes are the medium through which your confidence is communicated and the results have been positive as they have been for the vast majority of our members. You have now given several employees something to look forward to that they didn't have before. Indeed, some of our members have damn near been scolded for NOT wearing heels as their footwear have become an expected part of the background. It reminds me of a scene from a M*A*S*H episode where Klinger enters the tent where Col. Blake is playing cards and Col. Blake says, "Klinger, it's 4:00 in the afternoon and you're still running around in a housecoat, go put on a dress!" Klinger was never a great sight in a dress but he was an expected part of the background. The most important thing for you to remember always is that NOBODY has greater control over how much love, excitement, and outright fun you will have in YOUR life than...YOU!! You have seized control of your life and are now enjoying it as the person you always were. That's a very good thing indeed. HappyinHeels

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spoken, Happyinheels! Nikki, good work. I have found that women often make a fuss when I wear something they like. My favorite fans are the team of gals at the local salon my wife and I frequent. They often go ga-ga over my heels, and it's a great feeling to be the center of attention in a positive way like that. Steve

Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk with abouut my heels. I expected the secretary To say something. We have even talked about her shoes and I am always surprised she Says nothing about mine. In fact, the guys I work closely with here don't even say anything. I had to laugh one day. They were giving me a hard time about my metal wallet. Calling it gay. Not unusual for this bunch. I'm standing there in my 4 inch wedges and I wanted to laugh And say, "with these shoes the best you can do is my wallet?" To anyone wearing heels to work I say, be conservative. Don't go in with open toed Hi heeled pumps and polish. Its still a work place and a lot of people don't understand Or may not accept it.....yet. also, do it with confidence. Glad another one has joined the work force. Too bad we can't get a doctors precrip for heels.

I'm sure there is a pervy orthopedic doc who would not mind doing a study to prove long term heel wearing effects on a subject who normally does not wear heels too often (ahem, most guys, even us into heels), when they switch to wearing heels for most activities. Might be a good one for a college age person to work with others in a 4 year (college time) experiment to see what the effects on leg muscles, etc, etc, etc.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hey, JeffB,

"www.flatsplace.org" doesn't seem to be an existing domain. You could start a forum there. LOL

Just kiddin' ya. :spin2:

Steve

No harm in wearing flats - I've got 3 pairs (from the "ladies" department of course...

But the scrpit is to wear HEELS, like for a tendon problem. I think it would be fun to have someone like debbi at work to talk heels every Now and then.

I don't have a co-worker to talk about heels with, but I do have a friend's wife that loves to talk about heels with me. She often asks for my comments on her shoes and we have had some great conversations about heels and other fashion trends. More that once she has commented to me that, I know more about fashion and heels than most women she knows. I always respond that I make it a point to keep up with fashion trends, especially with heels, both shoes and boots. I also have great conversations with the women at the Kay's Jewelery store, that I often go to. They love to show me the heels they are wearing and love to see the heels , I am wearing. We have really had some great discussions about heels and they are totally in sync with a man that wears heels out in public! Happy Heeling, bluejay