Sold , traded or worn out..

ilikekicks

I've had some reflective moments as of late. In another thread I spoke openly about my disgust for the present selection of what the ' mainstream ' is. Knowing such NOW, makes me cringe when I think about what I have done in the past. I Inherited a metric-sht-ton of shoes and boots from a past lover. She had to go, the clothes stayed. In the year following I sold a LOT of the items on Ebay or gave them away to friends and relatives. Along comes a new liking for me.. heels.. and Im thinking ' Man.. I should have never sold those (insert brand/type/whatever here) ! ' There were about 20 pairs of vintage WildPair shoes, all in pristine condition. They were selling for 100-150$ a pair and the pricetags on the boxes were like 20-50$! I should have realized I had a gold mine that I should have kept. There were all kinds of thigh high boots. There were ' fetish ' type boots ( I believe they are known as Chap-boots? ) with belts. If you had the chance to get back a pair of shoes, which would they be? Even if its a pair you worn out and couldnt have replaced.. Lets just for the sake of conversation a genie pops out of you at a shoe store and says ' if you have owned it in the past and want a pair again.. what would it be? '

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I'd like another pair (same style) of Two Lips stiletto ankle boots. Man those were comfortable. The heel block cracked and split on one so I retired them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Believe it or not the best most comfortable 5" pumps I ever had were a pair of mid blue heels from Ellie. They had hard light beige ribbed out soles that I wore smooth to the hard black plastic. They still sell the style but they are no longer near as good with a softer all black out sole. I wish I never parted with these. I wore them so much that the pointed vamp became rounded to fit my toes. Never completely wore through the bottoms but did go through 4 or 5 pairs of heel taps. Man I wish I bought 3 - 4 pair of these, even the cheap shoes are not as good as they used to be.

ilikekicks, Don't worry about the "mainstream" but just YOUR stream and what works for you. As far as regretting selling something that later turns out to be valuable it happens to everyone. If you have the money then you don't have the space for your ideas or you have the space but not the money but rarely both in the early part of your working years. I do know that if you can sell shoes with their original boxes and packing materials that seems to really up their value. HappyinHeels

I bought a cool pair of boots last year in size 45, which was a bit too big for me, with not enough arch support, yet I wore them in numerous occasions. I never was able to fit them with paddling inserts or additionnal sole. I spent as much in modifications as I had when I bought them. I even had the noisy hollow heel filled with absorbing paper to reduce the noise (which worked by the way). Meanwhile I regurlarly checked the sellers site, but they never were available in size 44. Finally I sold them to make room. 3 weeks later the seller discontinued the product. Too bad.

Wow, I've had so many that I kept for a while and then passed on to Goodwill or other re-sellers. But I do recall a shop that I used to visit in the late 80s, early 90's. I had discovered that they carried shoes in sizes up to 12, which is what I really needed after trying to shove me feet into 10s and the occassional 11 that I could find. This was the first store that I had ever tried on heel in-store. I had called the shop and asked the owner if he had a problem with that, and he said heck no, they had several guys coming in to buy heels. While their shoes did fit me, they tended to have a rather conservative selection when it came to heels in larger sizes. There were not a lot of shoe brands that could be found in 11 and 12 back then. I did find and purchase a few pair there that I liked. But at one point they bought out the stock from another store that was going out of business. Boy, do I wish I had known that the other store carried size 12s. I would have been there when they were still in business helping to keep them in business...lol. Anyway, the store put out racks with the stock they had purchased, and I found at least six pairs that I really wanted. I could only afford one pair at the time, and opted for a pair of Proxy brand black patent heels with a bow on the toe that had very small gold beads, almost like small rivets, along the edge of the bow, with a heel of close to 4". Being in style at that time, the shoes showed a good deal of toe cleavage, which I very much enjoy. I sure wish I had hung on to that pair. They fit well and looked great. I also managed to eventually buy a second pair, also Proxy brand, that had cross-straps over the instep that fed through tiny loops on the vamp. These were even a lower cut across the top of the toes, but that pair, for some reason, pressed on my toes in a few spots and never quite felt right. They were, however, the first pair I owned that my wife also had the exact same pair (which I had purchased for her...lol.) Anyway, I still pine for those two pairs, and I'd pay dearly to re-live the experience of walking into that shop that day and seeing all of the styles I liked....in my size. And more than welcome to try them on!