Dearly S*utty

ChipsHH

Don't wear them. The ones in your thumbnail I mean.

Even a girl wouldn't wear shoes like that to an interview unless she had applied for a job as a hooker.

Sorry, Dr. Shoe. I just had to. But the thumbnail below shows the shoes Doc is talking about. As a little comparison, I've posted 2 pairs of shoes that he...not necessarily attempts to connect to. Rather, it's to get some point across; the point, of course, I've yet to comprehend in the proper words as of yet.

But it bugged me because...Okay, they have some HUGE platforms, and the heel probably doesn't do them any justice. But I don't believe they're really meant for "a job as a hooker" at all. Before I went onto the Bakers website, I really thought these would be fair shoes to wear to an interview to, as stated in that thread, let them know I was willing to spend the money in order to receive the money (or if it was a different message, please correct me on that). Aside for just the interview, I really saw the shoes as shoes to wear only on special occasions, and a visit to the gas station or a grocery store trip wasn't special enough, in my opinion. Heck, a wedding would be the best, as I see it.

Again, I could be wrong. I could be ranting; and the shoes could be... *gulp* slutty. Any thoughts on this?

post-5877-133522957939_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522957943_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522957945_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

Platforms over an inch are mostly ' common ' at the Adult Ballet or in red-light districts. Fetish areas and ' attention gaining ' are also common entities where such are found. Of the shoe pic you posted.. I wouldnt wear any of them to anything formal or an ' interview '. They just dont ' fit in '.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

It's too vague a question. It all depends so much on the wearer, the occasion and what they are worn with. In my opinion I find almost all the Pleaser plastic platforms, and their derivatives, look a little 'cheap and nasty'. In the 90s Chanel made some Pleaseresque shoes. They had the classic Chanel black toe cap on a white shoe. With the right, demure outfit they looked sexy and classy, but with the wrong outfit on the wrong person they would have not been flagged as Chanel in a million years. Compare the 2 attached images. Kerry Katona and Amy Childs look awful, Daphne Guinness has some semblance of class.

post-9545-133522957968_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522957975_thumb.jpg

The left can't be more than an inch, either. To which case, what are they Then? If anyone remembers a mention of a 'Taylor' girl wearing tip platforms during a concert she did, now That...That's pretty distasteful, only if we're still talking "well-dressed". Of course, what I hope to accomplish with my own styles is what Daphne does every day. Even with a 1+ inch platform.

Formally "HHDude"

I'm sorry but Benno's pictures do nothing to change my opinion in the slightest. IMO any kind of platform is inappropriate for an interview in a shoe store. OK, they might sell them but the girls who buy them are buying them for a night out.

My advice is to sit in the store and watch what the classy women are wearing.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm sorry but Benno's pictures do nothing to change my opinion in the slightest. IMO any kind of platform is inappropriate for an interview in a shoe store. OK, they might sell them but the girls who buy them are buying them for a night out.

My advice is to sit in the store and watch what the classy women are wearing.

Both high plats and low plats..... and flat sandals. At my store, at least.

Formally "HHDude"

OK, they might sell them but the girls who buy them are buying them for a night out.

Perhaps, but or it`s specifics of the city where I live, or is changing fashion, anyway the vast majority of high heels on the streets are platforms, even in the morning.

Sorry, Dr. Shoe. I just had to. But the thumbnail below shows the shoes Doc is talking about. As a little comparison, I've posted 2 pairs of shoes that he...not necessarily attempts to connect to. Rather, it's to get some point across; the point, of course, I've yet to comprehend in the proper words as of yet.

But it bugged me because...Okay, they have some HUGE platforms, and the heel probably doesn't do them any justice. But I don't believe they're really meant for "a job as a hooker" at all. Before I went onto the Bakers website, I really thought these would be fair shoes to wear to an interview to, as stated in that thread, let them know I was willing to spend the money in order to receive the money (or if it was a different message, please correct me on that). Aside for just the interview, I really saw the shoes as shoes to wear only on special occasions, and a visit to the gas station or a grocery store trip wasn't special enough, in my opinion. Heck, a wedding would be the best, as I see it.

Again, I could be wrong. I could be ranting; and the shoes could be... *gulp* slutty. Any thoughts on this?

I like all three of those.

Compare the 2 attached images. Kerry Katona and Amy Childs look awful, Daphne Guinness has some semblance of class.

I actually think Kerry Katona, aside from the facial expression, looks quite nice. Obviously not as classy as the girl next to her, but she doesn't look half as bad as that other thing you posted!

I wasn't saying wear huge platforms to a job interview. What I was trying to say is that if you have the outfit you can wear big platforms. For the record I think Daphne Guinness is fairly well dressed, but I think the money has gone to her head, and she needs to take a step backwards and have a good look in the mirror (which might be awkward in those heel less shoes she seems to live in) : )

Both high plats and low plats..... and flat sandals. At my store, at least.

And they all look classy do they?

Look, I don't really care what you wear to your interview, you asked for advice and that's what was freely given. If you want to get the job then you need to tone it down a bit, if you don't want the job and the only reason for going to the interview is to show off then do what you like!

I can sit in a shoe shop in Reading or, better still, the Nine West concession at Debenhams and there you will also see high plats, low plats, flats and everything coming in to shop. You will also see ladies in pencil skirts and nice classy pumps who are obviously professionals coming in in their lunch hour. Which do you think would be most likely to get a job, anywhere?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

And they all look classy do they?

Look, I don't really care what you wear to your interview, you asked for advice and that's what was freely given. If you want to get the job then you need to tone it down a bit, if you don't want the job and the only reason for going to the interview is to show off then do what you like!

I can sit in a shoe shop in Reading or, better still, the Nine West concession at Debenhams and there you will also see high plats, low plats, flats and everything coming in to shop. You will also see ladies in pencil skirts and nice classy pumps who are obviously professionals coming in in their lunch hour. Which do you think would be most likely to get a job, anywhere?

Yes, listen to Dr. Shoe and just use good judgment. This is very good advice and, especially in these very tough competitive times, the wrong decision can be costly.

The shoes you posted look good and can be worn outside the club, but I won't wear them to an interview even if I was brave enough to wear some for one. I would wear 3 inch at max, closed toe. You know the rather plain looking one our eyes sometimes pass over as boring and plain. It would say you like to wear heels without outgoing overboard. Then if you get the job you can slowly build up to those shoes.