She did it! 5" stilettos

WobbleFan

Hi All,

As I mentioned here and here, my wife was about to wear here gorgeous 5 inch stiletto pumps out for the first time. Well, yesterday she did!

At least, she tried to... :) She put them on as we were to go out for a nice dinner. As it was quite warm yesterday, she had some trouble getting them on her feet. After she sat on the couch for a while, we were to leave. As soon as she got up, she was in trouble. She seemed unable to handle the height and the narrow heels.

She was tiptoeing with her back arched and her bottom sticking out. She teetered through the living room with tiny, uncertain steps, her knees a little bent, trying to find a way to walk in her wonderful shoes. But unfortunately, by the time she'd reached our front door, a distance of about 15 meters, she'd had two severe wobbles and needed to steady herself with a hand to the wall while standing.

Her feet were cramping and although she was frustrated with it, she couldn't go out with these shoes. We were both quite disappointed, but she had to slip into here 4,5" pumps with a slightly broader heel or she would never have made it to the restaurant.

Again, I'm really surprised that the half inch increase makes such a difference.

The good thing about is that she's now determined to master these shoes. She said she needs to break them in as the leather is quite stiff. So she promised to start wearing them in the house both to break them in and to practice. Again, her attitude towards heels has changed positively.

She did wear them in the bedroom last night...

WobleFan

5" at size 41? They're virtually flats!

OK, I'll get my coat...

EU 41 is US womens size 10 - - - Hmmmmmm - - - Just my size.

If Mrs Wobblefan ever decided to sell those wonderful pumps, I'd be more than happy to help liquidate them for her. Not always a fan of pointy toe, but those are just so 'classic' that it would be a wonderful shoe to add to my selection.

In the mean time, hopefully she gets the feel for them, and gets to strut her stuff comfortably in the near future.

Yes practice will help her, MrsF was a bit wobbly at first but she now doesn't even register the fact she has 5" heels on. There is only one down side and that as I walk next to her I don't get to see them as much as others as she effortlessly strolls along. By the way Dr I got what you meant, probably a UK sense of humour thing.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Thanks all for your kind answers. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it. She hasn't been wearing heels much lately as we've spent a lot of the summer camping. The first time she put on the 4'5" heels, she had some trouble as well. The major take-away from this is her attitude towards the shoes. Somehow, I don't have to be ultra-cautious on the subject. She literally said we finally seem to agree on this... :)

You are fortunate that she accepts them and am willing to continue to try. I got my wife to try some 4.5 inches many years ago. Even though they were not stiletto pumps, she looked fantastic and received many compliments from family and friends and handled them very well. She quickly moved them to the back of the closet and they disappeared much to my despair. She never again wore such beautiful shoes again as she never became comfortable in wearing them - or maybe accepting the compliments given.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

That too bad, really. All I can say is that these shoes have been laying in the closet for several years now. My cautious stimulation has brought her level up from flats to 4,5" comfortably. But it's taken a lot of time. Somehow, my wife flicked a switch some time ago and decided she liked the attention. Mind you, in 4,5" heels, she's as tall is I am: 1,93 meters. Even over here in Holland, she sticks out. But she seems to enjoy that.