Nostalgia time - if you remember the late 70's

barney15c

When i was in my last year in secondary school and used to get the bus home a lot of the 6th form girls (they had a relaxed dress code) used to wear this type of oxford shoe, almost identical to the style in the picture with maybe a colour variation (black and even grey). They used to wear them with light brown tights or socks (bleugh!) a good 20 of them every day wore these at the bus stop. Does anyone else remember them being a bit of a trend, this would have been either 1979 or 1980 and in the UK (so our continental members wouldnt remember this). I am very tempted to get a pair of these from payless as i loved the style!

post-207-133522950824_thumb.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

what a beautiful shoe.

Very thin sole and cheap looking.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Do Payless ship to the UK?

Andi

Unfortunately not... 2 options:

1. See if one our kind US based forum members will buy and ship on your behalf.

2. Buy them of one of the US Ebay sellers (of which there are a few and that ship overseas) that buy up all the large sized payless shoes to resell.

I've done both, very sucessfully! :irked:

I have bought from this seller many times, with no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160636345708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I can honestly say that girls never did wear those styles in any local school where I am from here in the states. You might have seen a chunky platform shoe common with the pop music culture of the time (Big hair metal bands like Kiss and Twisted sister) but otherwise, you didn't see much in heels of any kind. Seems a lot of the girls in the rural/midwestern smaller cities would rather wear sneakers. Now as for the shoe you mentioned from Payless - - I was thinking I could probably get away with a pair of those and jeans and not even get noticed. Guess I'm gonna see if they have those locally.

Very thin sole and cheap looking.

I did not estimate it *cheap-looking* (sometimes one only recognizes that if knowing the brand or seller :irked: ) - but I would not care anyway if it is a shoe I like, and beeing CHEAP itself is not exactly a reason NOT to buy a shoe LOL.

Unfortunately not... 2 options:

1. See if one our kind US based forum members will buy and ship on your behalf.

2. Buy them of one of the US Ebay sellers (of which there are a few and that ship overseas) that buy up all the large sized payless shoes to resell.

I've done both, very sucessfully! :irked:

I have bought from this seller many times, with no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160636345708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Good ideas. I am willing to help HHPlace members do this, too. That seller is very honest, very reliable, and outstanding to work with. I have actually met her several times in person. She knows what guys want. She sells other clothing on ebay as well. PM me if you want help buying from places that won't ship to the UK. There are also freight forwarders that can help you establish a US address and when the goods arrive they ship them to you. Fees vary.

Steve