Skirts!

quidam

Been keeping in touch with the seller of the 2 skirts. Have now got one skirt and the other skirt should be with me in the next 2 days. But in the mean time. I'm going to post this with me wearing a leather mini skirt. I think I look good in it.

I agree. You do look good in that ensemble! The leather skirt is sharp, and I love the pumps. What brand are those shoes?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Today's outfit (sorry for cutting off my head, but I don't want my picture to reappear somewhere on the net):

Posted Image

Cropped jacket: Marc O'Polo

Turtleneck sweater: Darling Harbour

Kilt: Burberry

Boots: Marc by Marc Jacobs

When I look at the picture, I guess I will have to clean the tiles of my balcony and paint the wall again once the winter is over...

I agree. You do look good in that ensemble! The leather skirt is sharp, and I love the pumps. What brand are those shoes?

Those heels are from Barratts. Now have both skirts and both fit well. I don't need the belts Will do a photo shot when I have the time. I do have loads of photos in my gallery on here with me wearing skirts

Those heels are from Barratts. Now have both skirts and both fit well. I don't need the belts Will do a photo shot when I have the time. I do have loads of photos in my gallery on here with me wearing skirts

That's pretty darn cool! It's so much fun to wear skirts, especially with heels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, with Spring appearing to have finally sprung in my neck of the woods, that means it's time to break out my short skirts and skorts to wear as warmer weather arrives. And I can't wait! :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Having made the commitment to wear only skirts on my jaunts through spring and summer, I find myself becoming more and more comfortable in them with each new outing, and it's great fun too. Given how hot and sticky it's been over the last few weeks, wearing a skirt, especially short skirts is a delight since they keep me cool while out and about, what's more, I don't make a big deal out what I wear, it's just an article of clothing, nothing more, nothing less. Another realization that's come to the fore is that since I've evolved from being just a heel wearer to a full blown freestyler, the shoes have become secondary to the clothes, just like with women, the clothes come first, followed by the shoes (and the obligatory handbag) as an accessory, a compliment to my outfits, to that end, I've been wearing flats and low heels more often, most notably in casual setting as women don't wear heels everywhere, so I've followed their example. Now, that doesn't mean I'll lower myself to wearing flip-flops, no way in hell, but I feel good in flats, in some ways, I prefer them to heels. Of course, this doesn't mean I've given up and heels, I'll still wear them from time to time, but they're no longer the be-all and end-all for me. In the meantime, my "Summer of Skirts" continues as I can't think of one good reason to bother with jeans.

Hey jeffb! Kudos to you that you can feel comfortable in flats. I would like to, but I'm completely high heeled and flats hurt my legs. I would like to wear skirts this fall with tall boots, nice formal ones, not the goth ones you guys see me in all the time. But its great that you're able to go out and dress the way you like. A lot of guys can't do that. But after a while doing it, its like second nature. Btw, I like your denim mini-skirts. Keep breaking down boundaries for others here.

Having made the commitment to wear only skirts on my jaunts through spring and summer, I find myself becoming more and more comfortable in them with each new outing, and it's great fun too. Given how hot and sticky it's been over the last few weeks, wearing a skirt, especially short skirts is a delight since they keep me cool while out and about, what's more, I don't make a big deal out what I wear, it's just an article of clothing, nothing more, nothing less.

Another realization that's come to the fore is that since I've evolved from being just a heel wearer to a full blown freestyler, the shoes have become secondary to the clothes, just like with women, the clothes come first, followed by the shoes (and the obligatory handbag) as an accessory, a compliment to my outfits, to that end, I've been wearing flats and low heels more often, most notably in casual setting as women don't wear heels everywhere, so I've followed their example. Now, that doesn't mean I'll lower myself to wearing flip-flops, no way in hell, but I feel good in flats, in some ways, I prefer them to heels.

Of course, this doesn't mean I've given up and heels, I'll still wear them from time to time, but they're no longer the be-all and end-all for me. In the meantime, my "Summer of Skirts" continues as I can't think of one good reason to bother with jeans.

Good for you JeffB. wear what your are comfortable with. I don't always wear heels, as I do wear flats. I have quite a collection of colors of Georgio Bruttini flats, which are basically men's, but are very feminine looking. I also like to wear my block heel sandals from, Naturalizer and Born too . All have heels of 2-1/2" or less.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Hey jeffb! Kudos to you that you can feel comfortable in flats. I would like to, but I'm completely high heeled and flats hurt my legs. I would like to wear skirts this fall with tall boots, nice formal ones, not the goth ones you guys see me in all the time. But its great that you're able to go out and dress the way you like. A lot of guys can't do that. But after a while doing it, its like second nature. Btw, I like your denim mini-skirts. Keep breaking down boundaries for others here.

Thanks! The denim miniskirts are certainly fun to wear, especially since I love how they show off my legs, and considering how hot and humid it's been around here of late, I'm probably going to lean on them more and more as I feel comfortable in them, and keep me cooler than pants, jeans or shorts. As for formal skirts like you mentioned to wear with tall boots, I'm sure they'll be in stores by fall, keep an eye on offerings from Sears and JCPenney.

Good for you JeffB. wear what your are comfortable with. I don't always wear heels, as I do wear flats. I have quite a collection of colors of Georgio Bruttini flats, which are basically men's, but are very feminine looking. I also like to wear my block heel sandals from, Naturalizer and Born too . All have heels of 2-1/2" or less.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I'm of the opinion that the right pair of flats can look just as nice as heels. As I've mentioned previously, I've observed women and what they wear in public, particularly in their leisure time, and, more often than not, they leave the heels at home and opt for flats at this time of the year, so I'm doing what they're doing.

• 2 months later...

Well, I successfully kept my promise to wear only skirts on my outings this summer, in fact, it's now been five months since I last wore jeans on a jaunt, and, as I've said in my own thread, I can't think of a good reason to stop as it's been a lot of fun. I suppose that THE one reason I love wearing skirts is because I look damn good in them, especially pencil skirts which I've gravitated to of late because of the sleeker profile they afford. Also, I feel a particular boldness when I wear a miniskirt because I get to show off my legs, and at the risk of letting my ego get the best of me, I think I have great legs and look better in a mini than some women, and when I add a pair of heels, look out! So, yeah, I do enjoy flaunting my assets. With fall and winter on the way, transitioning to longer skirts that I can pair with knee boots shouldn't be much of a problem (aside: I'd kill for a nice pair of riding boots, but they're hard to find in my size). So, my skirting odyssey continues....

I think ill try the skirts now that I got the crazy long hair. Probably with stockings because I don't like bare legs. Hey, Jeffb is paving the way for fashion freedom.

Well, good for you, my friend. Be sure to tell us how it turns out. I think you'll come to enjoy skirts just as much as I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I found myself contemplating something highly interesting today. As everyone here knows, I've developed quite the passion for wearing short skirts because I love showing off my long legs, but that begs the following question: how short a hemline can someone in his mid 50's wear and still look appropriate for my years? Most men who face the traditional midlife crisis buy expensive muscle cars, me? I wear miniskirts, and I love how I look in them. But am I acting my age when I wear a mini?

Some would say that any skirt wouldn't look appropriate for somone in his mid 50's, but I think that if your legs are in good shape and so long as nobody can see your knickers then that's fine regardless of age.

• Thanks 1

If you like it, wear it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm making it official: I'm going all in on skirts and will wear them exclusively on my outings for the rest of the year. I've gotten so used to wearing them over the last six months, through spring, summer and now fall, I honestly can't bring myself to wear jeans which, in my mind, now looks kind of....odd. Even when winter blows in, I'll have my long skirts which I'll pair with my knee boots, or maybe short skirts with tights and thigh boots. Now, I'm planning on a trip in the oversized sweater/leggings/knee boots combo sometime down the road, but that will be the closest I'll come to wearing a bifurcated article of clothing for the remainder of 2013. As for what happens and what I'll wear when 2014 rolls around? I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

JeffB,

Sounds like a great time you'll be having  wearing your skirts. Keep your posts and pics coming. We all enjoy them very much!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks! I'll certainly do my best! I've got three dozen skirts in my closet, everything from a 15 inch mini to a 40 inch maxi and I love wearing them. I never expected or anticipated how good I look in a skirt and how much fun they are to wear, plain and simple, I'm hooked on skirts and can't get enough.  :biggrin:

Its great you wear what you like. It just makes life more enjoyable. The leggings, long sweater, kneehigh boots thing is my favorite look. Ii would like to see you in a few outfits like that.

Its great you wear what you like. It just makes life more enjoyable. The leggings, long sweater, kneehigh boots thing is my favorite look. Ii would like to see you in a few outfits like that.

I'll see what I can do to accommodate you!  :happy:

Hey jeff, how would a skirt look over leggings? I've always wanted to try it, but wasn't sure if I could pull it off.

Well, I did give that combo a try last winter, pairing my 17 inch dark denim miniskirt with black leggings and knee boots and it looked pretty good. If memory serves, I think I groused a bit about my skirt not being short enough. Heh! I'm sure you could make that combo work for you.

A word of warning concerning the combo. Be aware it could be embarrassing if the skirt clings to the leggings.

A slip may be useful.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A word of warning concerning the combo. Be aware it could be embarrassing if the skirt clings to the leggings. A slip may be useful.

I would agree. I wore denim and had no trouble, but a knit skirt might well be problematical. Experiment before you go out. Better to embarrass yourself in private than in public.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had these 2 skirts for a while now. Just got round to taking a photo of them. Second skirt goes well with the shoes.

Delightful, both of them. Is the first skirt leather? At this time of year, both would go well with boots.