favorite food

This year, for Thanksgiving, I've had the best turkey ever, I think. My brother-in-law and I cooked one in brine and another deep fried. I don't really care for oven cooked turkey, but trying it a different way made the meat super tender. The brine one came out a bit salty but tender. The deep fried, obviously delicious and juicy. I'm sure not the healthiest but it was great. Pumkin pie is great too, especially the way the family made it, and the Irish Creme infused whipped cream made it a bit more interesting.

Plain crisps and chocolate turkish delight, yes together, I love it. If I had to pick two things to eat for the rest of my life it would be eggs and ginger beer.

life is not a rehearsal

My favorites change from time to time, but I'll never turn down an opportunity to enjoy a well done 16 ounze New York or Porterhouse thick steak smothered in a sauteed onion and mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes with brown gravy or baked potatoes with creamy butter/sour cream/chopped chives, french style green beens in a buttery sauce, a large serving spoonful of a cottege cheese and crushed pineapple mixture, 5 or 6 slices of beets, a side order of a leaf salad/tomates/shredded carrots/bacon or ham bits/broccoli and cauliflower pods/sesame seeds with ranch dressing, an adequately tall glass of a pureed banana/strawberry mixture in orange juice to drink, and large dinner bread rolls with a spread of garlic butter for each. Later, after the digestive process have made room for a dessert: a generous slice of cheese cake topped with a cherry pie filling or a hot apple or peach pie topped with french vanila ice cream. This meal looks like more than I can eat at even five settings, but I would enjoy the left-overs.

The usual Thanksgiving dinner discussion took place starting three weeks ago. Long story short, everyone agreed that the whole turkey, potato, cranberry sauce, greenbean thing was a crashing bore. Sooo, for the first time in this family, nine people gathered at my place for, ta dah!, greek and pepperoni pizza with a large, simple salad, and ice cream sundaes (each made by the individual diner), with chocolate chip cookies on the side. It was a huge success! Unlike previous years, leftovers were negligible.

The usual Thanksgiving dinner discussion took place starting three weeks ago. Long story short, everyone agreed that the whole turkey, potato, cranberry sauce, greenbean thing was a crashing bore. Sooo, for the first time in this family, nine people gathered at my place for, ta dah!, greek and pepperoni pizza with a large, simple salad, and ice cream sundaes (each made by the individual diner), with chocolate chip cookies on the side. It was a huge success! Unlike previous years, leftovers were negligible.

My favorites change from time to time, but I'll never turn down an opportunity to enjoy a well done 16 ounze New York or Porterhouse thick steak smothered in a sauteed onion and mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes with brown gravy or baked potatoes with creamy butter/sour cream/chopped chives, french style green beens in a buttery sauce, a large serving spoonful of a cottege cheese and crushed pineapple mixture, 5 or 6 slices of beets, a side order of a leaf salad/tomates/shredded carrots/bacon or ham bits/broccoli and cauliflower pods/sesame seeds with ranch dressing, an adequately tall glass of a pureed banana/strawberry mixture in orange juice to drink, and large dinner bread rolls with a spread of garlic butter for each. Later, after the digestive process have made room for a dessert: a generous slice of cheese cake topped with a cherry pie filling or a hot apple or peach pie topped with french vanila ice cream. This meal looks like more than I can eat at even five settings, but I would enjoy the left-overs.

Wow. Those both sound great!