Ellie 8260

Zack

Hey guys, This is my first post, cant believe I haven't found this site before. Anyway, I've worn heels for a few years now (I'm 22) and I am pretty comfortable in 6 inch heels. I'm looking to buy some Ellie 8260 heels, in the black and red patent variation, and I was wondering if anyone knows how they run in terms of sizes? I'm a Male UK 8, what do you think I would need in these shoes? And does anyone know how high the heel is roughly at that size? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Zack -

First WELCOME to the forum!

My experience with Ellie's thigh boots is that they run a tad small. I wear an 11 1/2 - 12 US male shoe and a 14 Ellie's thigh boot with a 5" heel fits perfectly.

Please tell us a bit more about your heeling experiences.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome to hhplace, Zack :wave: you've come to the right place to ask for advice from our membership. As TBG has already responded, I'm sure you will find his advice and encouragement spot on.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Zack. I think it is great being able to converse with some one across the pond. Glad you joined the forum. I purchased a pair of Ellie #8260 shoes. They have a black patent body w/ red patent high heel. The heel was advertised as a 6" high heel, in size 13 US. When they arrivede they fit perfectly. However, the heel was a towering (7") seven inches. I wear 6" high spiked heels all day, at home, in public, etc. I wanted those shoes to wear every where, but that extra (1") one inch makes it impossible for public excursions. Hot Shoes. Mike

Not sure about the 8260, but I do have a pair of the 8220 US size 10 in red. Just measured the back of the heel and it's just shy of 5" at the seam. I usually can pick up a size 10 off the shelf, and pretty much know it will fit. When I tried on these in a size 10, they were tight, but since it was my first pair of pumps, I figured it would take some break in. Hasn't really happened yet. I have to wear stockings, and my feet have got to be totally dry, and first thing in the morning. Otherwise, my little toes will kill me after about 10 minutes (Could be because of my steel toe boots screwing with my toes that doesn't help) May just wait for winter to attempt getting into these for awhile. Love the look, and it seems a bit higher/steeper stiletto than I like, but they go well with anything she might like in the bedroom. I'd say go the next size up if they have them. Most other lines in Ellie seem to fit spot on, although I have to say that my M-Joliet strappies are a size 9

Thanks for the advice guys. Most of the heels I have at the moment are Female UK 8's, they all seem to fit well. So with that in mind, and the fact Ellie seem a bit small generally, would a UK 9 be the best way to go? One size up from the 8? They look so gorgeous, I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Hey! Zack, Thanks for wanting to join us in sharing the desire to wear high heels. You have expressed an interest in the Ellie 8260's. This model has a bit of a different design, due to the steepness of the slope, which is the main feature of the shoes, no matter what the size. The vertical angle of the sole slope at the horizontal point of the center of the big toe ball joint is approximately 83 or 97 degrees, depending on your perspective. The slope lessens a little vertically as it approaches the heel area of the shoe. Your feet will be close to the position of a ballet stance, however, the toes are placed in an almost perpendicular angle to the rest of the foot. To walk in them with any kind of grace requires a certain foot and ankle structure and lots of practice. Not many heelers can do this easily, because of the limitations of their physical features and bone structures. Since it is your desire to try a pair of the 8260's, you might try to find a shop that stocks them and go in and try them on first, just to find some satisfaction and see if they are the heels you will be able to wear. As far as the size, if your toes are comparatively long, then I would suggest staying with the UK8's. The 8260's are hard to put on, because of the extreme angle of the toes. Once they are on, they will fit fairly snug. However, this should loosen with use. Getting the larger size would leave an excessive gap at the back of the foot once you break them in. This is my opinion and shouldn't be used in place of your better judgement. There are other heels just as high or even higher that are better made for comfort and style. When you get the chance, go to the sections in this forum where many of the shoe manufacturers are discussed to get a better idea of what might be available to what you would like to wear. Let us know how your ventures go.

Thanks histiletto, given the depth of your answer I will trust your judgement on this. An 8 it is then. I love these shoes, I'm definitely going to get them, I'll just have to put the practice in! Pics shall follow!!!