Fall Shopping Spree

onyourtoes

Every season, especially Spring and Fall, I start looking around for something to expand my collection. So far this Fall, I've bought 3 pairs: 1. Skecher's Shape-Ups suede boots. They're warmly lined, 13 inches tall, and have those weird Shape-Up soles. Not exactly heels, but it gets cold and snowy around these parts. They were a half-price close-out of last year's style at 6pm.com, $87,50. 2. Every year around Columbus Day (October 12), Westie's in Dennis, MA puts up a tent and fills it with the remains of all the odd lots they purchase throughout the year. The tan suede (not real) boots are Anne Michelle, with 4 1/4 inch heels, 10 inch tops, long pointed toes, and a gold sequin and jeweled starburst pattern. I've never really been attracted to long toes, but for $15 I thought I'd try it. I usually buy 11, but they only went up to 10 and it turns out they fit perfectly. 3. I've been on a quest for the perfect pair of high heel clogs since August. The nice ones were out of my price range, and the ones I could afford were either too low heeled, open toed, patent leather, or otherwise didn't look right. Finally I was poking around Kohls.com and found the clogs in the third picture. They're Elle brand, and seem to be a Kohl's exclusive style. The heels are 5 1/2 inches, the platforms about 1 1/2 inches, and although size 10, fit great. They're comfy, easy to walk in, feel very high, and make me tower over everyone. Oh, and they were on sale for $28.99.

post-44-133522926405_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522926416_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522926423_thumb.jpg

Three great finds, onyourtoes :wave: I really like the clogs. As to the Skechers Boots, living in the far Northeastern part of the USA like you do, at times the winter weather is such that wearing any type of footwear other than boots like these is just not advisable. And, you've found the perfect pair to wear while shoveling snow off of the sidewalk, driveway and/or digging your car out of the snowbanks. While, like you, really pointed toes on boots don't attract me, I find the Anne Michelle boots just the style to wear while cruising through shopping malls around the holidays. Very attractive and stylish. Wearing that pair to the mall should only get you complements.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey 'onyourtoes' - - Are you a size 10, and if so, you mentioned the clogs fit perfectly. I believe I saw those at a Kohls near me, but they didn't have a size 10. Debated on ordering them in, but I usually like to try them on first before I buy. Comments???

I usually wear 11 in women's, but these fit fine as you can see in the photo. Of course, an open back clog is a bit more forgiving on size, but I still feel these run nearly a full size large. If they were true 10, I might get my foot in that far, but my arches would start to ache from the tight top, and that hasn't happened in several hours of wearing. I used to love the shoe department in Kohls, they always had some good mark-downs which usually came up even cheaper at the register. Alas, the last time I went there they seem to have stopped stocking size 11 in the store. I guess by doing that they can cram in a few more styles.

I usually wear 11 in women's, but these fit fine as you can see in the photo. Of course, an open back clog is a bit more forgiving on size, but I still feel these run nearly a full size large. If they were true 10, I might get my foot in that far, but my arches would start to ache from the tight top, and that hasn't happened in several hours of wearing.

I used to love the shoe department in Kohls, they always had some good mark-downs which usually came up even cheaper at the register. Alas, the last time I went there they seem to have stopped stocking size 11 in the store. I guess by doing that they can cram in a few more styles.

Well that's good news for me - - means I should be able to fit in a size 9, and odds are, they are in stock. Now I just need to scrape some cash up and get to a Kohls pretty quick.

Thanks for the update