Some people have nothing good to say about...

wood&metal

Anything....

I happend upon this today.. http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/sep/15/indian-river-county-men-sport-high-heels-to-of/

There will be a "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event not too terribly far from me....I'd love to participate, but I don't think my schedule will allow it...

Anyway... I was reading the "comments":penitent: left by "verobeach" about the walk and I can not believe the mindset of this idiot.. It's for a great cause, for crying out loud!

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

In a more compassionate society we would.

True.. But I find it very hard to take the high road and be compassionate towards those who are so intollerant...

Domestic Violence: Anyone one battering another person is something society has to take steps to prevent. If bringing the public to a greater awareness of it will help, then "the walking in her heels" or any of the focusing events to this endeavor are part of the better beginnings. People, from toddlers to young almost adults, can be very violent as they are learning about their bodily functions and social skills. Parents and other adult figures can infuence the best actions and attitudes by being healthy examples of mature adults and just being there for them. Society can help by showing that they care about people in creating and promoting activities and programs to provide opportunities which include all the people of that section or community in some way, by sharing time and interests as groups. It is a good feeling to belong to something, rather than being dependent on it. Do ya catch the drift, yet? What gives people the right to feel they can take advantage of another person? It has got to be the system we are taught from as to how we perceive others. We, as species of mankind, don't seem to revere another's human life as important, especially if they seem to rub us the wrong way in any manner. Does it mean anything to you about that person, who walks into a crowd and detonates an explosive? How about the charismatic person that can bring people together and teach me to be afraid of outsiders? If something doesn't make sense, there is usually something wrong and/or there is a need for adjustment.

I could not believe my eyes as I was reading some of those remarks after the article. Do these people really not get it? I participated in a walk-a-mile-in-her-shoes event several weeks ago. There were women there speaking about the abuse they had suffered and the help they had gotten. They were all very greatfull to everyone who participated and were thankful for the awareness that this event was bringing to abused women and the help they can receive. This proves, unfortunately, that there are still many out there that see something "different" and they scream weirdo, pervert, or homosexual, or as the one person stated, it's events like these and Halloween that give many an opportunity to come out of the closet. There is a thread at this site asking if we feel society is more tolerant. Maybe we're further away from that than I had hoped.

Roni... I've always felt that those who make the biggest deal out of something they deem weird, "gay", or whatever, are the ones most likely to be in the "closet" about the very thing they claim to hate and they secretly envy those of us who are able to just be our selves...... I've seen it happen...

There are more positive comments on there than negatives, including two from the very women that the cause is in aid of. Unfortunately the world is full of idiots and the internet gives them the opportunity to display their idiocy to a wide audience.