Great Value heeled boot for guys

mtnsofheels

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a pair Dr Martens Diva Darcie, I have been wearing around the few days. They also make a Chelsea in same heel.

I was surprised that Dr Martens produces a heeled boot in sizes up to 43 or UK 9. I am a UK 8/41-42 which fit perfectly, they are wider in the toe box as well as many of Dr Martens are.

The heel is 3", the boots can be worn with any pants, kinda of utilitarian looking which would allow any guy to wear these all the time. The chat about the hiking heel elsewhere should be compared to this hiking heel. The grip is similar to a vibram sole, heel has a pattern as well which is suitable for around the yard, to motorcycling or what ever.

So the long and the short of it is, these could be worn whenever your good heeled shoes and boots should not be or you would not want to.

Perhaps a good training heel for those guys who are interested in wearing heels full time.

I do have a picture yet but here is the link.

http://www.drmartens.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=12891004

I will get a photo of them as soon as I can,

Mtnsofheels

Those would probably do well as a motorcycle boot, which is what I'm shopping for at the moment. I don't know why, and it may seem off key, but they look like army boots on steroids. I can hear the locals now - "Your mama wears Army boots" Sorry - - can't help it tonight. edit: I have to explain a bit. With the way things have been going economically around here, I do see women wearing army boots, and they are not in the military at all. One woman I have to deal with lately came to a high school football game wearing pink fuzzy socks (the kind with the rubber grippy surfaces on the bottom) and was wearing black fuzy slippers over those. Now I'm no fashion guru, but it was bad. Unfortunately, I know she can't afford a decent pair of shoes. To see a person locally either male or female in anything other than walmart atheletics and work boots / hikers means they are either well dressed for church, or considered a bit stylish or upity. You don't see many women in heels of any kind, and if you do, it's a sight to see. Even the local malls have a very limited selection of heels. Mostly cheap flats up to 2" heel in limited styles. The kids fashion stores do a better job.

Heelster and Dr Shoe, I have not seen any of the Military kind of boots yet, Dr shoe do you have any info on those? That is true they are kind of like "momma wears Battle boots" that but in a rural or country/you wear heels all the time and no will notice them. Fair enough for the hikers comments, where I am this means you are out hiking(I live/work in the mountains). Many different meanings of similar terms used for different styles. Mtnsofheels

"Military boots" are the height of fashion at the moment...

Paratrooper boots have a full 2" heel to them. A friend of mine has a apair. He usually doesn't wear higher heeled footwear, but he loves them and wears them often.

I agree with Dr.Shoe when he say "Military boots are the height of fashion at the moment..."

FYI, there is a section of Aldo's website dedicated to this trend for men and women.

You may want to take a look at it here > http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/trends/military

I also noticed these amazing boots in the women's section

> http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/trends/military/women/80930928-stallins/90

They look very nice on their website. Now the question is:

Should I go to the store to see them for real and try them on ?

( I know I should not. If I do so, I know what will happen...:) )

how do they fit? whats the real heel height?

They fit absolutely perfect and the toe box is wide.

The heel is almost 4" measured at the back and the sole is 3/8" thick.

So the net heel height is approximately 3½".

The boot shaft is just wide enough to wear them over skinny jeans.

They are easy to pull on thanks to a short (12") side zipper at the ankle.

Can't wait for cooler temperature to wear them outside !

Ok just found them, wow yes they look good too.

They are like a pair of my Jean Gaborits. good looking.

Do you have pictures Daniel?

Here you go ! See below pictures of my Aldo "Gallian" OTK boots as requested :)

how do they fit? whats the real heel height?

I now realize you were maybe refering to the Aldo "Stallins" boots (I was assuming the "Gallian").

They also fit perfect and they feel amazing to wear !

The heel is 4-3/4" measured at the back and the sole is 1/4" thick.

There is also a small hidden platform inside (less than 1/4")

So the net heel height is approximately 4¼".

There is "false sheep fur" lining inside them

(Sorry about my poor English here. Doing my best I'm sure you understand)

So they will be very warm to wear this winter :)

post-14338-1335229241_thumb.jpg

post-14338-133522924125_thumb.jpg

Nice boots. Very stylish. I believe they will be just what anyone would want to have in their closet to wear during those long, cold, snowy winters that are normal in Canada. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Elegant & Bubba for the positive comments about the "Gallian" boots !

The temperature is getting colder so I will wear them outside soon :)

Bubba :-)

Note that I will not wear the "Gallian" OTK boots in the snow since the are not made for it.

They got no lining inside and the sole has no grip.

When I said "they will be very warm to wear this winter"

I was refering to the "Stallins" boots. See below picture of the "Stallins" boots.

BTW, you are absolutely right about "those long, cold, snowy winters that are normal in Canada"

The older I get the more I hate winter. I don't mind the snow but I hate when it is too cold...

post-14338-133522924157_thumb.jpg