I finally went out in public, and it was great.

jarod81

Well today was the day. After joining and reading all the post about everyone taking the first outing in public in heels, I finally did it today…and wow it felt good. I went out to a Westfield shopping centre here in Brisbane, dressed in my skinny jeans, and nice grey cowl neck knit top and my black knee high boots. It was a short outing but an outing none the less. While there I went to Portman’s and asked the lovely assistant, who actually was the store manager, if she could help me find a 3 piece black suit and my god she was so lovely, nice and helpful. She pretty much made me feel really comfortable. While walking around I didn’t notice anyone pointing and looking. In all it wasn’t that bad and I quite enjoyed myself, and the manager at Portman’s even liked the way I was dressed.

Well done jarod, When you present yourself and walk confidently I believe the world looks back at you just as confidently be it in Australia, Alaska, Argentina, or South Africa and all points in between. The more yu do it the more natural and enjoyable it becomes. Hopefully you'll one day be able to share your day in heels with someone else, always more enjoyable when you can share someone's company. HappyinHeels

jarod81 ...

Congratulations on your first outing. Your post brings back memories. Like many others, once you take that first step which is usually exciting and fun, the sky is the limit. Like myself, I notice that you noticed the reactions you get from onlookers and gage those reactions. Good luck to you on future outings.

Nice going. :wave: I still get a bit of a rush going out and remember my first time. Sounds like yours was pretty smooth and harmless. May you have many more fun heeling times ahead of you.

Well today was the day. After joining and reading all the post about everyone taking the first outing in public in heels, I finally did it today…and wow it felt good. I went out to a Westfield shopping centre here in Brisbane, dressed in my skinny jeans, and nice grey cowl neck knit top and my black knee high boots. It was a short outing but an outing none the less. While there I went to Portman’s and asked the lovely assistant, who actually was the store manager, if she could help me find a 3 piece black suit and my god she was so lovely, nice and helpful. She pretty much made me feel really comfortable. While walking around I didn’t notice anyone pointing and looking. In all it wasn’t that bad and I quite enjoyed myself, and the manager at Portman’s even liked the way I was dressed.

Did your knee high boots have high heels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.