Skirts For Men In Stores!

heels4toni

Typical responses... I say if that model had a "name" (oh, say, one of the male actors in those Twilight movies for example), I believe women would be all over that look in a positive way...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Well this is good news - even if the initial responses are negative. I'd wear that right now with a pair of 6inch black mary janes, but I'd have to ditch the dark leggings I think (they're horrible things to wear), replace it with sheer black stockings. Ha rgds Heel-Lover

H&M did exactly the same thing about 12 years ago. Yes, they sold a few but they only stocked a few... Nothing like a bit of free publicity is there?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, did anyone NOT expect the responses to have been negative? Usual, narrowminded nonsense from knuckleheads unwilling or unable to broaden their horizons. Not even worth wasting my time reading that garbage.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, did anyone NOT expect the responses to have been negative? Usual, narrowminded nonsense from knuckleheads unwilling or unable to broaden their horizons. Not even worth wasting my time reading that garbage.

Do you know what I find amusing about the responses? It is so bold to write something in print where you can always put a phony name tied to it and not be identified. It's like responses I have read regarding men wearing high heels. I read negative remarks and comments, yet I would bet none of them would ever say words like those to my face if they saw me on the street wearing high heels. They're probably the same people who give me funny looks and then run home to their computers to type something nasty.

Do you know what I find amusing about the responses? It is so bold to write something in print where you can always put a phony name tied to it and not be identified. It's like responses I have read regarding men wearing high heels. I read negative remarks and comments, yet I would bet none of them would ever say words like those to my face if they saw me on the street wearing high heels. They're probably the same people who give me funny looks and then run home to their computers to type something nasty.

Amen, Brother!...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

It may be slow, but one step at a time. Why does it seem guys wearing skirts is more readily accepted than male heelers? On the moral and chaste scale, one would think footwear holds less of a priority and therefore, would be in the lead for men to choose. Anyway, be a man and show your masculinity and stand up and be counted in the attire columns you care most about. Heels with shorts or skirts still means alot more hair removal products are going to sold. Where's my investment portfolio? 4 cents? Yikes!

The second link has a great quote. "No offense ladies, but if you want to consider yourselves fashion gurus, then you need to take a broader view of fashion, not just the last two decades in which you could legally be considered to have been sentient."

(formerly known as "JimC")

It may be slow, but one step at a time.

Why does it seem guys wearing skirts is more readily accepted than male heelers? On the moral and chaste scale, one would think footwear holds less of a priority and therefore, would be in the lead for men to choose. Anyway, be a man and show your masculinity and stand up and be counted in the attire columns you care most about.

Heels with shorts or skirts still means alot more hair removal products are going to sold. Where's my investment portfolio? 4 cents? Yikes!

Men who wear skirts can claim quite rightfully the they don't have to endure that wedge of cloth against their testicles. We as men have grown up wearing nothing but pants so we take the discomfort for granted. I now wear skirts almost exclusively, and when I have to wear pants I notice the discomfort.

Also, a knee-high denim skirt is not very noticeable when everybody wears shorts.

However, put on heels and one's stride is quite different and noticeable.

oh yeah roniheels, those kind of people are called "GUTLESS":irked:, no respect whatsoever for anyone dressing "different" than themselves you know-hell you should read the responses on YAHOO about the mere SUGGESTION of camel's milk that MIGHT find its way to the USA via Europe, in that it is better than Bovine milk in many ways (I've never tasted it myself so I dont really know enough to make any kind of judgement on it @ this time) but boy, you want to talk about moronic gutless responses (attitudes if you will)???!!!:wave: they are everywhere my friend!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i think that if stores start stocking skirts for men it will be slow for the retailer to turn over the stock as we all know on this forum we are still very much in the minority . People who own retail stores need the stock to turnover in order to make money ,and i'm not sure that skirts for men are going to help them make money. Let me also say as a regular skirt wearer in public that i get less comment about my skirts than i do about the high heels i also wear cheers malinheels:wavey:

Men who wear skirts can claim quite rightfully the they don't have to endure that wedge of cloth against their testicles. We as men have grown up wearing nothing but pants so we take the discomfort for granted. I now wear skirts almost exclusively, and when I have to wear pants I notice the discomfort.

Also, a knee-high denim skirt is not very noticeable when everybody wears shorts.

Brilliant commentary, my friend! Couldn't have said that better myself!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I am afraid, I am gonna have to go with Dr Shoes opinion, its just a bit of free advertising, and a bit of a headline maker for them, I doubt H+M are any more serious about this becoming mainstream now as anytime in recent fashion history. Society has just become to damn itemised... or categorised even... Andi/Courtney

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

The website replies to the article were very predictable. What's also predictable is that most of those people posting negative remarks would never say something to the person they see in public because there is a difference between talking behind someones back and causing a public confrontation that could put that commenter in harms way (most people try to avoid confrontation, not cause it). Put it this way, would you want to mess around with a person you think isn't normal? Most of the posters are probably teenage girls who's opinions matter to me as much as celeb gossip.