Annoying ebay sellers

new_look

Like most people i find ebay a great resource to find a good pair of nice heels. Presumable when people are getting charged for listing and final sales and they have took the trouble to write a listing they are actually keen to sell the item. I have noticed when i am searching that sometimes they dont put how high the heel is for example and from the picture you can get sort of an idea but is sometimes difficult to tell. So i send off a quick polite question asking if they would be so kind to say how high the heels are, 3 days later i get a half assed answer saying ' i think they are about 3 inch roughly' i mean ffs how does that help? i can see from the picture that they are at least 4in and i can make a 'rough guess' from the picture. Why cant they just get a tape measure out and provide some accurate information for someone who is interested in their item. Short of emailing to say please can you not guess and get out a tape measure i am no wiser and annoyed to say the least my rant over for the day lol

Ye as the population of our planet began to grow at an incredible rate, the quality of individuals tends to decrease co-responsively .. Lets just pray that one day those will be enlightened and to unite human race as one. These day no body cares each other, not even their family.. Even animals behaves the way they should be, but ah well.. There are lots of lazy ebay sellers I had experiences like that too... Sigh... but... Thats the main source where I get my heels and fem stuff :)

I curently have over 20 pair of my heels on ebay under iguna101. I for one am not like that. When someone asks me a question, I answer back asap, within minutes if possible with a complete discription or answer. Thank You. Please do not judge all ebay sellers by 1 or 2 bad experiences and if you can tell how high the heel, why would you ask anyway? 3" and up. Thats a pretty acurate answer if your looking for higher heels and if its 5-7 inches, It's pretty noticable YA THINK?

real men wear heels

I too sell a lot of shoes on Ebay and take great pains to give an honest and detailed description of all the shoes I sell as well as give prompt replies to any questions asked. This has enabled me to keep a 100% feedback of 1200+ since 2000. One issue I do agree with is The inability of a lot of sellers of realising that UK And US are not the same, I always ask the seller to check if in doubt but can imagine that a lot of buyers who think they are buying a size 10 uK shoe end up with a size 8 uk one because they were a 10 US one. So like the other poster there are sellers who know what they are doing, hell I have sold many pairs to forum members here via Ebay and get repeat business too!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

You really have to see what your seller's rating is and what they are selling. If it's a bunch of garage sale stuff, they don't care and want to part with it somehow. If it's some one who just sells shoes, then you know they know what they are talking about. That's just from my experience.

God why do people have to take things personally? I was talking about a few ebay sellers i had dealt with, if you are a good seller then why feel the need to have a go in your own defense. lol of course i am not slating ALL ebay sellers or tarring EVERYONE with the same brush, I was commenting on todays individual and a couple i have had previously. I sell allsorts on there myself and as people have said i describe things best i can and reply to all questions as soon as possible. That is exactly why I was irritated when someone cant be bothered to answer a question properly. And johnnyheel, i never said i could tell the EXACT height of a heel by looking. I can guess that it was at least or around the 4inch mark... as in clearly not the 3in heel stated. I like heels that are 4.5inches high, but most higher not plat heels are 4inch on regular shop shoes and depending on the picture or the style of the shoe it can be tricky to work out if it is a 4 or 4.5in heel without a description, hence why i asked my question to the seller.

Hi Folks, I also find it annoying when you ask a question and do not receive a reply. As for the height of the heel I always state this because the clue is in the title. - High heel, so tell them how high they are if you want the sale. I do get other questions, such as what is the sole length and the widest part. Other`questions include are they a tight fit? hard to answer that as I can only use my own foot size/width as a referance. HHJim

johnieheel no probs mate :)

i shop on ebay for price to be honest. For how often i wear them i cant justify spending £60 on a pair of heels when i can pick them up for a £5 on ebay barely used :P

Same here my friend.

real men wear heels

Same here my friend.

To be honest, I have been annoyed with buyers asking questions over and over. What is the width of the top of the boot, then come back later, what is the excat heel hight, then later, what is the diameter of this or that etc etc.

I still do my best to answer there questions to the best of my knowledge and it has paid off.

real men wear heels

Not to defend laziness or lackadaisical attitudes on the part of sellers, but some people run their businesses on eBay. As such they sell a lot of stuff and if their "stuff" is shoes, they sell a lot of shoes. The shoes they have listed are probably already packed and ready to ship -- just waiting for the address label. I have done this, even though I have only sold 3-4 pairs -- having the item already packed means I can ship it immediately upon payment. I know all too well the unbearable anticipation a buyer experiences between sending payment and receiving the item and I feel that delay on my part is inexcusable. Answering a question to take a measurement means I will have to unpack and re-pack the item (taking the time to explain this might help buyers understand the situation). Spending some time to fully describe your item can help reduce the number of questions you have to answer and that gets back to the laziness issue. Add that to the variation in heel heights with respect to sizing and styles and a seller may not actually know the true height. But then, a knowledgeable seller who can field questions about his/her wares would come across as a person who actually **cares** about having paying customers. Further, anybody who runs a business selling high heels should know that heel aficionados can easily discriminate a half-inch difference in height. Being able to answer a question accurately and in a timely manner may make the difference between getting a sale or not -- and will certainly affect the potential of repeat business. If you're looking at a seller who cannot come up with an accurate answer to a fairly simple question, you might want to pass them by.

Have a happy time!

... Answering a question to take a measurement means I will have to unpack and re-pack the item...

I pack and weigh, but leave the box unsealed. That makes it easier if someone asks a question. Also, I need the box open until I ship so I can include a packing slip.

i shop on ebay for price to be honest.

I think that answers the question. Most people today, myself included, still seem to expect a certain level of service from retailers (what might have been normal 10 to 15 years ago or more), but we will only buy from the retailer that sells at absolute cut-throat prices that make it impossible to provide any real service. I think a lot of people will say that they would be willing to pay more to get good service, but the proliferation of the "big box store" and the near extinction of small sales & service businesses shows that we don't tend to put our money where our mouth is.

The only stuff I sell on ebay are things I do not need or want any more and are always in like new or new condition and try to provide at least 2 good pics of every angle possible to show the buyer what they are getting. If it doesn't sell, the goodwill gets it. Also, I never pack until it's sold because of these questions and then it only takes a minute to pack and run down a couple blocks to the post office. I do understand all the fustration from the seller and buyer but it's business and must be delt with sensibly. Did I spell that right? lol

real men wear heels

^^^ One of the problems is that a lot of EBay sellers use the 'drop shipping' method..i.e they advertise and sell the item...however, once a sale is made, they pass all the purchaser's details to the manufacturer who then handles the shipping. Thus no-one actually sees the product until it arrives at your address.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I know when I sell on eBay, I try to be as thorough as possible, detailing how new they are, anything wrong with them (which usually is nil) and how worn they are. I'll take pictures of the actual item, and in the future, I may include a picture with a ruler, so people can see how high the heel is in that particular size. Good tips that I may well be using in the future!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

true words said about businesses and theyr packaging etc, but generally i tend to but used shoes off private sellers offloading a little of their collection. Im not asking for any special service other than some details of the item they are wanting to sell.

Buyers are often annoying too... Since I decided to write measurements (length and width) of all shoes I put on eBay, eBayers are asking me much more about sizing than before... People seem to be unable to come to the idea that they can measure their feet or their own shoes to compare with. Besides, there are more and more buyers that never pay items they have bid on, even "small" amounts of money (less than 30€). And finally, eBay fees are higher and higher. So I think eBay is still a nice place to buy bargains (especially in bigger sizes that are quite rare here in France), but becomes a much more crappy place than other similar websites for good sellers that are taking care of their buyers. Just my opinion based on my nearly 400 stars eBay experience :)