Public vs Public

whynotheels

I've read a lot of posts here about public heeling away from home. I've done quite a bit of that myself. I went out last weekend in a long skirt and boots and was mad at myself. I drove 45 miles away to do it. Sure I was in public, but a public of strangers. I want to get to the next step which is stepping out of my house and going to the local stores, restaurants, anywhere. Public close to home vs a public of strangers. How many here have reached the level of heeling in public close to home?

That all depends on how comfortable you are with the puncher's possibility of running into someone you know. In a small town, that may be too averse a risk, so the need to go elsewhere is heightened. In a large metropolis, you're pretty much a face in the crowd anyway - not a pair of shoes in a crowd. I'm in a big enough city to where I'll just not go to the same places I go sans heels, but not really consider it a big deal if someone I know sees me. I just would rather 1 or 2 of those chance bumps instead of 15-20...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I live in a very small village where everyone basically knows everyone- if only one person would see me in high heels the whole village would know the next day. So yeah, I'd rather spend my time on outings in places where they don't know me.

I live in a very small village where everyone basically knows everyone- if only one person would see me in high heels the whole village would know the next day. So yeah, I'd rather spend my time on outings in places where they don't know me.

You live in a very tolerant country. Polish culture still doesn't look to accept things like men in heels.

All of my public heeling has been done in and around the area in which I live. Local Malls, resturants, fast food places, threatres, stores, you name it. All local. And all done along with my wife Mickey at my side. We have always done everything together. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

These fears that have been expressed are part of mine as well. However, we have to realize that heeling is not an act of wickedness, against the law, any of somebody elses business, and/or etc. Heeling is a matter of choice. Just because women have taken the lead in heeling for the last couple of centuries doesn't mean that men can't join them. If people don't know there are many socially astute and self-confident men who choose to wear high heels (even stilettos), the present attitude will not change and this injustice and prejudice will keep on happening. Back in the 1700's, the styles of today would be seen as indecent, for the idea of seeing skin other than the face and hands was improper to the socialites of the community. The mere sight of an ankle or a couple of unsecured top buttons of a blouse letting a little bit of the chest show would be the subject about loose morals on the puritanical gossip circuits. So attiring rules are temporary and they do change when enough people stand up for their individual freedoms and promote equality for all.

You live in a very tolerant country. Polish culture still doesn't look to accept things like men in heels.

there is another member that lives in Poland that wears skirts and high heels in public daily. He has posted quite a few pictures of himself here on this site. I believes he lives in or near Warsaw. I can't remember the name that he uses in his posts. Perhaps Tom (NL) can remember and point you to his comments. Perhaps you might be able to contact him and learn from his experiences.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey Bubba136,

I believe you are referring to rmaciej1983 as the heeler from Poland.

Yes, he's the member. I always liked reading his posts and viewing his pictures. Also, I think he has more "balls" that 98% of the members of this forum. He doesn't whine about getting up the courage to appear in public dressed wearing skirts and heels. His problem is weathering the slings and arrows he receives from the general public for being different. I wish him good fortune and really would like him to start posting here, again.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Same here. I've squashed that boundary good under my heels, and have trod steadily onward ever since - everywhere (well........except our kids' school, because I know how mean kids can be) - other than that......it's all fair game!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Granted, my heels aren't stillettos and are chunky and under 3.5", but in town or out of town... I just go.. I hope to try my 4" heel canyon river blues boots over the weekend..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

It was actually easier for me to do my public heeling closer to home than further away. It helped me to start out by checking out "safe" places to do heeling, where people will go about their business, with minimal double takes or harassment. When I heel outside of my neighborhood, I do not know what to expect.