What was the first pair of heels that you "feel in love" with?

Mr.Friske

I am new here, but I thought I would get to know a little more about people on the board by asking everyone here what first started their "love" for heels. In particular, what was the first pair of heels that caught your attention, and when was it. As I posted in my first post in the Hellos, Good-byes section, I had a grade school teacher that wore a pair of heels that I loved at the time. They were a wood platform sandal with a very dark blue criss-cross vamp and a T-strap. It reminds me of the Ellie-672-JANIE style wise. It was in the mid 70's, so wood platforms were the style back then, but it started my passion for heels. So, what was your first pair?:blinkbigeyes:

My first recollection of mortality was around the age of two and I wanted to wear a pair of black patent leather Mary Janes. The fact of their ownership not being mine and the social implications of a male wearing feminine footwear were not within my scope of understanding then. I wanted to wear them and that was that.

Good question! Memories. The first pair of heels I really fell in love with and could not keep my eyes off of were my first gf's older sisters new baby doll black patent ankle strap 3" stack heel d-orsey's. They got me so hot I had to put my hands in my pockets, if u know what I mean. I was 15 years old and talked my gf into getting a pair just like them but all they had in her size were white, which was just fine with me. Every so often she borrowed her sisters to wear for me even though they were a size to big for her. I have been stuck on strappy closed toe heels every since and don't even know how many I own.

real men wear heels

My first pair that "I fell in love with" was a pair of white, open-toe sling-backs with a 1/4" platform, and a 5 1/2" semi-stiletto high heel. It was the first pair I tried on in public and the first pair I didn't get via mail order.

I was about five years old. I already loved looking at high heels. One of my aunts came to visit and she was wearing black, 4 inch stiletto courts/pumps. They were the nicest heels I had ever seen and are one of my favourite styles.

Good question... Probably one time that really sticks in my mind was I was about 12 years old, and saw a lady at a store wearing some white wedge sandals, with wide straps that wrapped around behind her ankle and tied in front. Somehow I just remember staring intently, thinking how nice those shoes were, and wondering what it must be like to wear shoes like that.

I was probably about 12 years old or maybe a bit younger and with my family visiting someone at a funeral home. This young girl came in and after standing about for some time talking to my Mother she began standing on one foot and then changing and standing on the other foot and finally said that her feet were bothering her. She was wearing a pair of black patent stiletto 4" heeled pumps. I piped up and offered swopping my shoes for her as my boy shoes were quite comfortable to me. My Mother nearly died that moment as the girl politely declined my offer. Maybe that is why black patent heels take my breathe away to this day and I have owned several pair through the decades and enjoyed wearing them all until they literally fell off of my feet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

For me it would have to be a pair of blue pumps that my mother owned when I was younger. I don't even remember the heel size but they seemed high. I wore those in secret many times as we were close in shoe size.

First pair of shoes I 'fell in love with' was a pair of black strappy sandals from 'Faith' - bought for me by my then boyfriend for a school Christmas Dance. I was on strict instructions to wear them with a short black dress....the shoes were 4.5" stilettos with thin cross straps and a jewel in the middle. Gorgeous.

I was 15 - and LOVED them. So did he. My Parents though were incensed!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

It happened in grade 5 when a classmate came in wearing a pair of white shoes. I did not know the term "pumps" at that time. Many of the girls wore simular styles but this pair had something different - a short spike heel that was maybe an inch and a half high. I remember when she took a step, her ankle would kind of "wiggle" from side to side. I knew they had changed the way she took each step when walking. This was a time in the 1960's prior to girls wearing trousers and many girls wore feminine "dress-up" styles to school. It seemed some of the other girls gathered around her at recess and I can only guess what the topic of the conversation was about. She wore these about once a week and I enjoyed their appearance. I looked in the Aldens catalog and found some girls shoes that appeared to be the same shoes. The page stated, "She'll feel so grown up in her First Heels. Just a little bit higher to delight her, but low enough for healthful foot comfort." There were four styles on the page and each had a "Jet Heel." She was the first girl my age I had seen wearing heels and began my viewing the female footware facination.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I seriously can't remember. I don't remember when or how I got fascinated by the look of high heels in the first place. My mom can't stand in high heels (wide feet and sore knees) and if she does have shoes with a heel they're never taller than an inch at best. I don't have a sister, and my nieces didn't wear high heels when I still was a kid. The black pumps I'm wearing now have to be one of my favorites though.