Acceptance vs Not Common

sscotty727

I read a lot of people here saying things like "high heels aren't accepted on men" or "we need to work at gaining acceptance" and the like. The need for "acceptance" implies that there is a law or a movement to prevent men from wearing heels. As was stated in many threads, unless you live in a very strick religious country (and probably aren't on hhplace anyway), there are no laws preventing you from wearing heels in public nor is there any movement I know of to prevent men from wearing heels. There is no acceptance to gain. It isn't "common" is the correct term. The vast majority of the population follow trends of others. 20 years ago you barely saw men wearing ear rings. It wasn't common to see a man wearing ear rings. Now you see them everywhere. Nail polish used to be uncommon on a man, now you see a lot of professional men wearing clear nail polish. Once a trend is set and the population picks up on it, people copy it. The way trends are set is not by some movement or march (those are done when freedoms are being surpressed). The way you set a trend is just to wear it. As it become more common, more people will follow it. However, be aware that there always will be people that do not like men wearing heels so prepare yourself to hear negative comments. I am not trying to imply everyone will be negative, but don't act surprised if you do get them. If your comfortable and confident in your look though, it shouldn't bother you as much. Decide what you are comfortable and confident wearing and just wear it. The more you are seen wearing them confidently, the less odd it will appear. There will never be acceptance since there is no movement or law to over come.

I have to agree. You can't rely on someone else to break the mold that will cause heeling to be common occurances. You just have to do it and hopefully, others will follow your example. It is less likely that anyone will go heeling, if no one starts heeling. Thanks to all those who are, be they men or women. You have brightened my hopes!

Scotty We have been trying to tell people this for donkeys years.. Just look at the amount of threads people post about their very first outings, and how absolutely nothing happened, at all, almost like it was a non-event... its all in the head, and how/when its done.. I was in B&Q tonight getting my blown up multimeter replaced when I had to laugh as this woman walked in with: 1. The worlds biggest, frizziest afro 2. Bright yellow tracksuit bottoms 3. Brown suede coat, looked like it had seen much better days 4. brown/bashed up/spotty Knee high boots with sky high heels on. Sure it was definately "unusual" and gave me a chuckle, but 10 seconds later, she vanished down an isle with her man and I forgot all about it until now. Its like she was half dressed for decorating, half dressed for "going out 20 years ago", but why should I give a crud what she wore, I dont, she clearly liked what she wore, and more power to her, but it does make me chuckle how many women will kind of dress up to go to the local builders merchants or DIY store, yet get them in a supermarket and they look like they just got outta bed... Is there some sort of secret DIY fashion thing going on? Is B&Q the next "People of walmart"?? :blinkbigeyes:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hey there High heel dudes & dudettes what has been said earliier in this post is right we all have to do our little bit to promote male heeling & skirt & dress wearing if we want to be able to do this but we dont have to ask permission it's a free country (where ,most of us live anyway ) so just go out and do it Read my latest outing in real life meetings (It's all happening in Melbourne) cheers Malinheels :blinkbigeyes:

Hey there High heel dudes & dudettes what has been said earliier in this post is right we all have to do our little bit to promote male heeling & skirt & dress wearing if we want to be able to do this but we dont have to ask permission it's a free country (where ,most of us live anyway ) so just go out and do it

Read my latest outing in real life meetings (It's all happening in Melbourne)

cheers Malinheels :blinkbigeyes:

I never said we all have to do our part to promote anything. I just said nothing is stopping you from wearing what you want, as long as it isn't indecent exposure. There is no "cause" to champion here.

I am not into wearing skirts or dresses, but if you or anyone else want to wear them, knock yourselves out.

Getting dressed up to go to Wal-Mart? :blinkbigeyes: Indeed! Reminds me of a woman I saw at a wedding once. She was nicely dressed but was still wearing curlers in her hair throughout the ceremony. On the way out after the ceremony was over, I over heard her telling someone that she had left her up in curlers so that it would look nice for the reception........female logic????

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I get dresses up to go to WallMart... black leather jacket with matching thigh boots with 5" heels, jeans... I guess "up" is one of those relative terms though isn't it. It kind of depends on where your starting from. :blinkbigeyes:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.