Dressing tip for the boys

jmorv

I know I haven't been here very long, but I am always up for giving helpful advice. One thing I've noticed are the amount of men who wear dresses with their high heels and boots. To me, that help complete the outfit and that's cool and all, but pairing a nice dress with pants kinda defeats the purpose, but I do know why: hiding the hairy legs. :blinkbigeyes: I too have leg hair and while I would love to go through the ritual of shaving, I know how it all comes back and it can be agony, so here's a tip for you guys who wear dresses or even capri pants that want to wear heels and show off a little leg that's "clean". Wear opaque or no sheer hose...two pairs. Now before you all start ranting, hear me out. I learned this some time ago from someone who liked to look en femme and the pictures definitely showed a good result. By wearing two pairs, you help cover the leg hair, and it also provides a beautiful sheen or freshly shaven look to your legs. Of course, two pairs of hose are thin enough that you can still fit your heels on your feet without discomfort. I'd been wanting to show off my nice 5inch plats to you all but again, my situtation is the same with the leg hair, so once I get to the drug store and buy some hose, then my pics will turn out better. I think the only downside may be some increased compression around the legs, but it's something you can get used to. Just some advice...take it for what it's worth. :pulsingheart: Jamie

tights can work, but I am looking at it as a cost effective way or in a pinch situation. I wear tights, but mostly black opaque, but finding nude or similiar skin colored tights is not easy to find, compared to hose. Also finding tights that mimic the look of hose, which generally has that sheen to them. Maybe I'm not conveying the idea correctly, but allow me some time to get the hose and I will snap some pics to show you what I mean. Jamie

Thats a good tip! I'd like to wear heels with a pair of light blue colored thight/skinny jeans. Hides the hair aswell. Allthough i shave my legs so most of the time they aren't very hairy. :blinkbigeyes: I've got the excuse that it's better for riding my racing bike :happy: I don't get any crap from the road and little bugs hanging in my leghair like that. :pulsingheart:

There are other choices out there for covering leg hair besides wearing tights or two pair of pantyhose.

http://www.comfilon.com/catalogsheerpantyhose.asp and scroll down to A560. This is a style that has much better coverage than sheer pantyhose, yet is still sheer enough that it won't be mistaken for tights. It comes in beige, tan, and black and is really intended for guys to wear without having to shave their legs.

Same page, look for A577 (or A677 - same fabric, with fly). These two styles have more coverage and in black will hide leg hair nicely. They also have terrific glide under trousers and will pass as sheer dress socks. They look great with capris, too.

http://www.comfilon.com/catalogstockings.asp and find A1009. This is an opaque style of thigh high stay-up stocking that comes in white, tan, navy, brown, and black. It will cover up leg hair and let you wear your own briefs, panties, or nothing. They are also removable without taking off your outer shorts if you get too warm while cycling or running.

And finally of course, http://www.comfilon.com/catalogoptights.asp. All of these tights are suitable for hiding leg hair.

All of these choices are very durable. Hope that advice helps. PM me if you have questions or want more info.

[in the interest of full disclosure, my wife and I own the company that sells these items. My intent is not to make a sales pitch but simply to point out that men have quite a few ways available to hide leg hair.]

Steve

Hi all, From vast experience I say be brave and go bare. It looks better bare and feels better bare. I could never go back, and I only wear stockings now (very sheer ones) for colour to suit my clothing/ shoes. Get rid of that hair! nb. smooth legs are more practical with stockings anyway (hard to explain but anyone who has worn stockings with perfectly smooth legs will know what I mean) Heel-Lover

Shave 'em. I have tried the two pairs of tights ruse and it does work .... for a while. Eventually, with the movement of your legs realtive to the tights, your leg hairs work their way through the weave of the fabric and then stick out at all angles .... ridiculous or what ! Xa

The advice give by Paul O' Grady when he used to be Lilly Savage was... 'If you won't shave your legs. Wear a pair of industrial strength beige opaque support tights underneath a pair of black stockings' If it worked for Lilly it'll work for anyone!