Shaved legs

xaphod

So, can i remove my pubic hair with depilation cream too, or not?

(from experience) I wouldn't recommend it unless you keep it well away from areas not normally considered delicate, but which actually ARE, such as the "crease" where the upper thigh merges with the crotch (e.g. the area where bikini briefs'/panties' leg elastic usually ride). The depilation cream can cause what amounts to the symptoms after a blister pops, but over several inches of what used to be skin. :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depilation cream sounds a little to toxic to use on any part of your body. I can understand the wish for a painless and convenient way to get rid of body hair, but to expose your skin to possible blistering??? I think if I were inclined to shave my legs, I believe I would stick to a safety razor. Despite the bother, it appears to be the least deleterious.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, I'm using depilation cream - it works fine, but if you're tending to get allergic skin reactions, you should try the cream on a small spot of your skin (remove the cream after about 10 min and wait for 1-2days). So you should see if those are working fine for you. You should take care, that those don't get in connection with any mucosa - and if, so quickly wash it - in my case that works fine everytime I did that by accident. But you should really take care, that you don't get any of it into your eyes! best wishes Joak

Depilation cream works just fine on regular areas of the skin (legs, arms, chest--even face) with no ill effects,even if left on for up to 25 minutes (gets rid of more hair that way) just don't use it on delicate areas, including underarms. What happened to me reminds me of a supposedly banned and destroyed (but alive and well in the US Army Chemical Corps training files) documentary movie made by the British Army during WW-II chronicling the effects (over a 6-week period) of one-time skin exposure to Mustard Agent by several hundred "volunteers" from the Australian Army... :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

I also like to have a clean hairless body. While shaving just gets the hairs thicker, laser is not effective because of my majority of white hairs (and the exorbitant price), aznd I don't like to apply chemicals on my skin, I resorted to a very satisfying option of using an electric depilator called Silk-epil by Brown. That one can be obtained with a "training head" and some coolant applicators to help you withstand the agonising pain the first times. After just a few weeks it doesn't hurt anymore and I can keep my whole body (except for my few haidhairs) clean by using this depilator twice a week during about 2 hours. I even use it between my legs and under my armpits. I just use a razorblade around my testicels to finish the job. I've been doing that since 6 months and am very satisfied about the results. Initially it took me much longer of course but now the hairs grew sparser and thinner so with time it becomes an easy and practical solution. Mind you the first times it hurts like hell and takes forever, but once past the first 2 weeks when your skin gets used to it, you can use the regular head and forget about the cool patches. After a month you hardly feel anything anymore besides mild pulling on some more delicate areas like the inner and back thighs, under the armpits and on the breasts. Anybody else using that method?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I used an Epilady for awhile about 15 yrs ago, but eventually gave it away--shaving took alot less time, and the Epilady had done its job of making my hair about half as thick, especially on my legs, and quite a bit finer. Shaving also hurt less, although there was some decrease in sensitivity.

I agree shaving is a lot faster but after a few hours the hair is visible again and next day I already feel like a porcupine. I prefer taking the extra time and pain so I look clean and soft for about 3 days.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

Epilating (imho) is definitely the best long-term method - Immac (Veet) never really did the trick for me and left a kind of stubbly effect; and shaving is far too prickly the next morning. Only trouble is the amount of ingrown hairs you tend to get - very annoying and a right pain in the a**e to remove. Mind you, the g/f thinks i shave them, for some reason. Which is quite funny, considering they're smooth for days on end :wink:

Do be careful if you suffer allergies to do a test patch and leave it a day or two before attacking a big area. I've had some rather horrible allergic reactions to several of the creams, so now stick to the razor, as slight hair is preferable to a ghastly reaction. Thus I don't generally keep my legs clean shaved all the time, but only if I'm planning to show them off :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to shave my legs, chest and underarms fairly regularly. Since I started dating the lady who is now my wife, I have not done my legs ot chestat all, and my underarms only rarely, usually when she is out of town. She knows that I do so, and tolerates it, but as with my other interests in this area, does not encourage it. I've never done my back, but if I did shave my legs and chest again, I'd probably try to figure out a way to do the back. I just feel that I look better without body hair, especially while freestyling. My wife disagrees, and in this matter I defer to her.

the truth shall make you fret

I can't see what the problem is with shaving your legs as body builders, sportsmen i.e swimmers, male models, chippendales (yuk bad example) all shave their bodies...

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I have very little body hair for some reason. I have a little hair on my legs, but it's not as much as I've seen on some guys. Julietta - I think the problem would be comments from friends and family more than from strangers. I shaved my legs in high school( A girl in the play I was in told me my tights wouldn't be so uncomfortable if I shaved my legs) and the only people that seemed to notice were friends and family. They were asking me questions about why I did it.

I wish I was a size 10

I have very little body hair for some reason. I have a little hair on my legs, but it's not as much as I've seen on some guys

Hi Alex,

that's similar with me. I have very little body hair too. My leg hairs are hardly visible because I'm a blond guy. Hence I never took leg shaving or epilation into consideration.

Further more I am a boots lover. But at the moment my boots are absolutely off limits because of the desert temperatures in Germany - today again nearly 40 Cel in Frankfurt! For the Americans: Because of the heat I'm too lazy to calculate it in Fahrenheit. But its a typical Death Valley temperature in early or late summer. Manmade?

Hence I have no problems, wearing my sandalettes with hot pants and unshaved legs in public. With respect to this subject I'm a happy guy. But it needs still a lot of courage to wear such an oufit as guy in public :lol:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

... and the only people that seemed to notice were friends and family. They were asking me questions about why I did it.

I shaved my legs once. I must admit, I quite liked the feeling, but then I was invited to a kids' swimming pool party, and had smooth legs :lol: . I went but I didn't swim, and I rather cursed myself for my rotten timing. Just my luck.

I might have another go one of these days, tho'.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I shaved my legs once. I must admit, I quite liked the feeling, but then I was invited to a kids' swimming pool party, and had smooth legs :lol: . I went but I didn't swim, and I rather cursed myself for my rotten timing. Just my luck. I might have another go one of these days, tho'.

Yamyam, I don't understand your answer. Why did you shave your legs, if you didn't like it? You were really ashamed because of your shaved legs? Because of the kiddies?! Rotten or lost time?

Really not easy comprehensable fo me :lol:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I seem to have opened a can of worms here. I don't want to go into a lot of detail here, but the problem wasn't the kids, the problem was the other adults. The kids wouldn't have said anything... but the adults might have, and I wasn't willing to have to deal with that. It was a while ago now, too. I personally quite liked the feeling, but I haven't got around to doing it again since.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

The kids wouldn't have said anything... but the adults might have, and I wasn't willing to have to deal with that.

I'd say the kids were more likely to say something than the adults were. Well judging by people's reactions to shoes anyway!

I'd say the kids were more likely to say something than the adults were. Well judging by people's reactions to shoes anyway!

Almost none of the kids had seen my legs before, so they'd have had no idea what they normally look like. The more I think about this, the more i think i missed a chance here :lol: