Shaved legs

xaphod

On occasion, I've worn shorts and tights with boots. If you choose dark tights the leg hairs don't show too much. However, if tights have been worn for a few hours, the your leg hairs start to protrude through the weave of the tights. I think this looks pretty silly.

So, being armed with various power tools (the ones I use to shave my head) I set about shaving my legs as an experiment. Now, I've not had hairless legs for more than 35 years, so I've forgotten what it feels like. Things like soaping your legs in the bath wooooo, sensual or what, and as for wearing leather trousers, I'll have to censor that !

Xa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely not just a girl thing, not these days at least. I also prefer the smooth look and the sensual feelings hairless legs bring about. I've tried the razor blade but now prefer a device called an Epilady.It's a wonder of modern technology and has a rotating coil spring that pluck the hair. The first time I used it I made the mistake of waiting until the hair was quite long and the dam thing nearly ate me alive! Thankfully I recovered from that little trauma and now I've got the hang of the thing, it plucks those pesky leg hairs out in a jiffy. jim

Shaving my face every day is tedious enough. I think I would find having to shave my legs once or twice a week, madding. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ikeep mine shaved 9 months out of the year....only grow hair in summer. It's hard to do when you live with a bunch of intolerant rednecks, my family members included

Any day that you don't learn something new is a day wasted.

I have shaved my legs a few times, but it's too much trouble most of the time. It does feel quite nice, though.

On the 'leg hair' issue, there's some good advice at http://www.mytights.com/mytights/advice/adviceformen.html, which includes a section on men buying tights for themselves. They even say that it's opaque tights or shaving, but the rest of the page is well worth checking out.

ObBiasDisclosure: Found it on the 'net, never even dealt with them.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Does anybody know how depilation cremes work, and how lasting the effects are?

It dissolves the root of the hair making it fall out.

Spread the cream evenly, don't rub it in though. Leave it for a few minutes to do its work. Instructions are on the packet. Don't let the cream dry out on you. Don't get water on the skin while cream is working as the cream becomes inneffective. Test a small patch using the little plastic thing they give you to remove the hair to see if the time is up. Do NOT scrape at it, you will get a rash or worse. Gently use the plastic thing to remove all the hair, using water from the shower as well if you want to.

The effect lasts for many weeks.

I thought depilation cremes dissolved the whole hair, and if you leave them on long enough they will dissolve the root too. They're highly alkaline and I think the alkali acts on the protein of the hair to disslove its structure. I'm not too sure about long term effects, but they can cause skin irritation. I have shaved/depiled/waxed sometimes but its more a cleaning type thing than a fashion type thing as I don't wear hose, or at least not very often, and unless you are in to the sensual aspects, there dosen;t seem much point.

When I wore tights this time last year for my last day of school, I noticed my leg hairs started protruding through the tights, with which I was none too impressed. I'd quite like to shave my legs just for the sensation but I'm not sure I'd do it given my current situation (living at home with family) and I don't think I'd do it at this time of year either. I like wearing shorts and I'd prefer to keep my leg hair on for short-wearing! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I don't shave my legs as often as I would like, but I do love the feeling of having smooth legs. Especially when you go to put on silky nylons. There's no better feeling in the world, except having the right pair of shoes to go along with them.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

I don't shave my legs as often as I would like, but I do love the feeling of having smooth legs. Especially when you go to put on silky nylons. There's no better feeling in the world, except having the right pair of shoes to go along with them.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

I would love to shave my legs but have never got around to it. Also, I'd probably rip myself to shreds trying!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Never put that cream anywhere near your face.

Extremely bad if you should get it inside your mouth.

A massive problem if you get any in your eye.

Not worth the risk.

[Wooot. 300 posts already!]

I don't shave my legs, but I would like to try it. I know that when I wear hose, some leg hairs do stick out and that is not attractive. But I suspect that having a smooth shaven legs would be quite a thrill.

>> But I suspect that having a smooth shaven legs would be quite a thrill. <<

Ummm. It is. Add a pair of silky smooth stockings, maybe a back seam as well perhaps, and a fine suspender belt and you'll find out why many women walk around with a big smile all day.

jo: what about pubic hair?

I cut my pubic hair off when I was around 13 or 14 (as well as all of my other body hair). By this time some of the other boys had already done it so I did not cause very much of a stir in the locker room (some other junior high school weirdness: growing long nails).

The unpleasant part was when the hair started to grow back; it felt like I had a pincushion in my shorts.

My girlfriend does not cut off her pubic hair because I told her I prefer to see her with a full "bush".

Michael

Extremely bad if you should get it inside your mouth

Thanks for the heads-up Jo....I shall refrain from spreading depilation crème on my croissants forthwith.

jim