Man heels and woman heels

David59

We believe that girls are spoilt with the variety of wonderful shoes available to them and I would like the general fashion to open up to an acceptance that man shoes can have heels too. In private I will try on lovely woman shoes if this adds to my enjoyment of a sexual experience. In public I will dress in a masculine way and if I wear heels they will be manly. When at work or shopping or visiting friends I am not having a sexual experience whereas at parties and nights out on the town anything goes depending on the image I wish to convey. I am interested in women not men so I will dress in a way that does not imply that I am interested in the attentions of men. It is just how I see it at the moment and I respect the fact that others have a different opinion. We do have some discretion as to the opinions we hold and so I think it is worthy of discussion. There needs to be manly shoes with heels for dressing up to go out. Then there will be more general acceptance of heels for men.

If you were interested in men then why would you wear female shoes, or female clothing of any description if it comes to that? This sounds like typical "all trannies are gay" type of thinking to me! Besides, some women are hugely attracted to guys in stilettos.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Most gay guys don't want to be with a guy in womens clothes.. Trust me. As a group we tend to be a bit all inclusive, and for some reason alot of us have a facination with drag performers, but I've had to explain to the boyfriends of friends that an interest in heels does not equate a desire for a sex change. Sorry to hi-jack the thread this early. It just amazes me that everyone seems to equate wearing a piece of female clothes (heels, etc) with being gay, when an overwhelming majority of gay guys do not want anything to do with it, and by the numbers a larger amount of straight guys are into it.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I think that if the fashion industry would jump on the idea of mens shoes with heels, we would get to see ugly mens shoes with heels. Part of the attraction of the heels at the moment is the elegance that comes with the shoes, which is elegance we don't find on the mens shelves. The art is to use this elegance in a tasteful way and still be a man and look like a man. Or in any case, be yourself, whatever you want to radiate. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

...we would get to see ugly mens shoes with heels...

You got that right. I remember when men's heels were in style in the seventies, and 98% of them were hideous. No wonder very few men wore them.

On the other hand, it did make it easier to wear nice (read women's) shoes on the street.

Wow, I so would have enjoyed the 70's if I were a bit older then. I agree the platform boots and other men-styles were really awful, especially looking back from today. I think the mid- to late 80's gave us the nicest styles in heels and toedesign and I still love them.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Wow, I so would have enjoyed the 70's if I were a bit older then.

I agree the platform boots and other men-styles were really awful, especially looking back from today.

I think the mid- to late 80's gave us the nicest styles in heels and toedesign and I still love them.

I wore the clunky platform high heel shoes back in the 70's. I prefer to wear the more feminine, stiletto high heeled shoe now and I wear them in public.

Roniheels:-) I'm with you. I think the womens shoes, styles, colors, and designs are much more interesing to us men and no wonder we all like to wear them in public along with a few mens items. I think that a nice pair of stilettos looks great with jeans and some other mens pants. A more well co-ordinated look is much more enjoyable for a man to wear than some of the dumpy fashions that the industry wants us to buy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Most gay guys don't want to be with a guy in womens clothes.. Trust me. As a group we tend to be a bit all inclusive, and for some reason alot of us have a facination with drag performers, but I've had to explain to the boyfriends of friends that an interest in heels does not equate a desire for a sex change.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread this early. It just amazes me that everyone seems to equate wearing a piece of female clothes (heels, etc) with being gay, when an overwhelming majority of gay guys do not want anything to do with it, and by the numbers a larger amount of straight guys are into it.

Jim, while I definitely see your point, I think that, to many people, any man in woman's clothing is a typical "drag queen", and I don't think there is much doubt about the sexual slant of most drag queens. Just take a look at the show "Ru Pauls Drag Race", and I think that it is pretty apparent that the guys are gay. Now, cross-dressers, as that term is used, are nearly all straight men, though there is a mix (at least in my metropolis). I know one gay guy who is not into women's clothes as such, but does do the occasional female attire thing, and know numerous other gays that have absolutely nothing to do with female clothing. Once again, it comes down to an individual thing, despite how society likes to label stuff.

As I understand it, the vast majority of gay guys are just as keen to point out that they don't wear high heels etc. as a lot of us are to point out that we're not gay. It's a stereotype, and like most stereotypes is born of ignorance. Actually, if I was gay I'd probably find it mildly offensive that so many guys are at pains to point out that they're not.